Negative mass

Why is there no negative mass objects? It's my dream to one day travel FTL and without it there's no hope as we know it.

They found exotic matter in Bangkok

I'm pretty sure all the physics majors are asleep rn.

They have sleep privelege

Because it seems to be the case that there can't exist an object with negative volume.

Can't we construct a negative volume object?

Not that I'm aware of. I can't form any notion of what it would even mean to create an object with negative spatial extension.

I don't really know what I should do with my life then. I've been waiting for FTL travel since I was young. Might have to kms

Sine your killing yourself anyway why not spend your life trying to develop ftl?

This is why being a brainlet is the ultimate Alpha.

Evolution is blind and increasing intelligence only means increasing awareness of the horrifying situation we find ourselves in.

If its not possible then why bother?
I've paid for my IQ to be tested and its 148. I dropped out of college due to being increasingly bored with my majors (CS/BioEngineering), I've always sort of wished I was a retard but I wasn't born in the blissful ignorance of the brainlet. That being said I try to smoke as much weed as I can almost everyday so that I dont have to think too much about the current state of the world.

a helium balloon has negative mass user

that's why it goes up

force on a falling body
F = mg
g is negative, so for the force to be positive (up), m has to also be negative

QED

If we observe it in nature I'll believe in it but until then it's theoretical BS.

Just travel in a dark room you retard.

You'd probably be more interested in some sort of work or field of study if you didn't smoke pot everyday. I did that during college, and I'm significantly more interested/motivated in everything now that I've stopped.

Also I was depressed. If you are depressed, weed will make it worse

Yeah, most of the cool stuff is almost all theoretical, but the Higgs definitely has a negative mass. This makes a small attribution of mass to all other interacting particles and fields. The rest of our mass is mostly potential energy which is also neat.

Have + mass, v < c
Have 0 mass, v = c
Have - mass, v > c ?

How could we detect a particle that moves ftl?

Why have you lost your direction in life?

kek

I have failed to mention that I recently stopped. I work at a mini mart dealing with peoples bullshit. The only thing that has kept me from beating people to death is the fact that im smart enough to realize jail would be a result and the only reason im not there is because of my family ties. If anyone has anyway to take me out of my slimp let me know. The only times ive ever been happy were when I was on small amounts of LSD or adderall but I dont have 3k to spend on a psych eval for my adhd and I dont have a reliable hookup for LSD.

Too pure.

So when I am not working I literally do nothing. I read phys.org articles and browse here and when my shitty hick internet is working well I play CSGO.

Sort yourself out

g is not negative, g is a constant ~9m/s.

I don't understand how the alcubierre drive is suppose to work. You have one negative mass and one positive mass object that's supose to propel and object another object. But if the negative mass is fixed to the object being propelled, then the forces will cancel out and it won't go anywhere.

>I don't understand how the alcubierre drive is suppose to work.

Gravity and time are linked. Around gravity emitting items time passes slower.

So centre of the earth is actually younger than the atmosphere of the earth by several years.

It is thought if negative mass items were found, and they were found to emit counter-gravity, then they might travel backward in time (I have no idea how this might work). And somehow, we could make a propulsion device out of it.

It's very unrealistic to expect that we know enough that negative masses would act as we expect imo.

Where do you live? Im pretty similar to you, just into other fields, not ftl. Can get LSD tho. I do not take it anymore, got bored of it.

> rounds 9,81 to 9
mkay, seems legit

No. A negative mass object under the effect of a force just moves in the opposite direction.

sorry op its another fantasy. theres always cryo-statsis. we might be able to beam you across space as data and reconstruct a copy of you on another planet? obviously wait the billions of years needed to travel to a distant planet, and then the time needed for light to get there. boom you made it kid. sort of.