Veeky Forums what do you honestly believe the fate of the universe will be? Pic related

Veeky Forums what do you honestly believe the fate of the universe will be? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_JjYJPWAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aren't we sure its 4?

Possibly, I'd really wish I could see what the universe will look like when it gets torn apart from the molecular level.

I honestly believe cosmology isn't a science but some fuckers pretending to be very smart

Entropy increases to maximum, the temperature across the entire universe is equal.

It won't really look like anything.

There's only one way to find out if your theory is correct. Become more learned than said fuckers. Otherwise, you have no way of knowing if what you're thinking is true.

my brainlet way of understanding inflation and dark energy is: some asshole is tugging at the fields that make up the universe from outside

quit tugging at our fields, asshole! i know you can hear me. stop it!

/impotent rage

>Earth explodes
Earth will be destroyed a few billion years before the Big Rip happens

1: It will always exist in some form or another. You can't destroy matter or energy, you can only turn one into the other.

2: Entropy heat death may not even be a problem if the universe is actually infinite, which it should be due to #1 being true. The forces will always play against each other.

We (((might))) still be around somewhere. I'm sure some form of consciousness will be. Even if it's not the species homo sapiens sapiens.

What exactly does it mean for the universe to end?

It means that nothing of "significance", like there being matter, will be going on anymore.

The heat death will definitely be a problem in all cases but the big crunch - processes can only happen if there's places for energy to go from and to. Eventually energy in the universe becomes evenly spread, and nothing can happen.

You know the ultimate fate of the universe is so dark and mysterious that it generates butterflies in my stomach and that goes to tickles in my spine and that creates goose pimples and then that penetrates my mind and then the whole big bang explodes BWOOOOOOOOOOOOSH BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

what are you doing

Big bang
Big acceleration
Big stasis
Big deceleration
Big crunch

Maybe technology will advance to a point where it will be possible to control this.

If not, there is no point in creating technology. We should create technology with the hope that it will help us do this one day.

What I mean is that the Sun will go red giant and consume Earth in like 6-7 billion years. Humanity might be kicking around in some form or another (Though I really doubt it, we can't even get our shit together to stop extinction level climate change from occuring as a consequence of our greed and shortsightedness), but Earth the planet will be long gone.

That second sentence is what I meant. But I also doubt we'll ever leave Earth.

The only way I could see it happening is if we happened to create sentient AI. Then it would be our duty to let our inefficient fleshsacks be replaced by it so it may spread throughout the galaxy and further.

Anyone else notice that the assumed "you are here" mark makes an approximate golden ratio with the assumed calculations of the 'start and end' of the known universe?

[spooylar]there is where our story ends, my friends

reading Eric Dubay also is a good place to start your journey of 'modern science' skepticism

The big rip.

Why does existence occur? It follows that the universe either shouldn't exist or it is infinite. If it is infinite why does it appear finite? We know matter warps space-time, so it follows that matter can "create" its own space and reduce its density. We are inside one of infinite black holes.

We also know time runs backwards in a black hole. From our perspective the big rip is coming and the singularity of the big bang was a long time ago. From the perspective of someone outside, the big rip was when matter entered the black hole and we are heading to singularity where our black hole will slowly release Hawking radiation until there is not enough matter to sustain it.

that's a cross section, not a flat ellipse

Something else could be infinite. There was a time when people thought that the earth was flat, and presumably also that it was therefore infinite, only to be discovered to be round and finite later.

What a strange and vulgar time, when we still based our assumption of reality on direct observation rather than formulas and authoritative information sources

youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_JjYJPWAc

Honest to god I never knew until today that at the center of the Milky Way is a black hole..

Interesting theory, are you implying that our universe exists within the carcass of a previous universe?

There are some theories that everything happening now is a "backwards" projection of things that already occurred.

The issue with testing this theory is that you have to create a LARGE HADRON COLLIDER THE diameter of the fucking milky way gallaxy and only then will you get high enough geV