Stephen King

What are your feelings about Stephen King?

Feel free to leave really long answers

He has a few very good books. Has a lot of shitty ones.

Made a decent living for himself.

Which ones do you consider to be really good then?

Eh, IT is pretty weird and creepy, he was obviously on a shit ton of drugs when he wrote it. Thats about it, everything else he did is pretty meh and he only has like 4 or 5 characters essentialy

I've only read Salem's Lot, it was okay I guess.

He really should plan out his novels in advance but I think it worked for him with IT and Salem's Lot since they had pretty decent endings.

Stopped reading and buying his stuff after Cell or Lisey's Story came out, actually couldn't finish Duma Key because it was so boring. Lisey's Story has been sitting on my shelf unread since I first bought it along with Under the Dome. Any of them worth reading? I actually enjoyed Cell.

Has anyone read the Mr Mercedes series? Ive heard its the best thing hes done in decades

go to bed stephen

Hes a Michael Moore tier liberal

He's written a few very good books, and lots of great short stories.

the other 90% of stuff he wrote is complete hog shit.

Still, I think he's the best living writer. Not the one who produces the best works, but the person who most understands writing.

My dad is reading them. They are basically crime-novels and everyone loves crime-novels so... no wonder someone would be saying that.

You disagree? Like, what the fuck other purpose is there for owning an assault rifle?

I got Revival on the shelf but I haven't read it yet. Looks promising at least.

>Like, what the fuck other purpose is there for owning an assault rifle?

To shoot people, which is the exact reason firearms are allowed in the second amendment.

Don't start, I don't want this thread to be derailed :(

if he is a lib, he's more moderate than michael moore for sure. I think he's just weird, weird about sex and kids and stuff

Not my cup of tea, but an accomplished writer in his field.

You sound shocked someone could disagree with you. But yes I feel that his portrayl of the issue is downright juvenile and pathetic. I dont care if youre pro gun control, but at least make an actual argument besides
>LOL REDNEX GET SO HORNY OVER DER GUNS STUPID FUCKING LOWER CLASS WHITE AMERICA AMIRITE GUISE XD

Except he is making an explicit argument, fuckwit. It's that, if the only real application of assault weapons (other than recreation) is to murder people en masse, why are they legal?
You're the one who hasn't put a case forward. Why do we need assault weapons and why is this need greater than our need to not have scores of citizens gunned down at a time?
>inb4 Well, they'd just get their weapons off the black market.
Find a different, less destructive way to compensate for your micropenis. I suggest high fashion.

>if the only real application of assault weapons (other than recreation) is to murder people en masse, why are they legal?

because sometimes it's legal, even necessary to murder people en masse.

Give an example.

>the only real application of assault weapons (other than recreation) is to murder people en masse
Yah no ones ever just killed one person with a gun before. That never happens

If 5 guys broke into your house, wanting to do you harm, it's now legal to murder them en masse.

If your country is invaded by a foreign power, and your own government has no power to protect you, it's now legal to murder the invaders en masse.

If your own government decides it wants to murder you en masse, it's now legal to murder them en masse.

Revolting against the government

Different Seasons is pretty great desu

What point are you trying to make here?

Guns are more often used to kill an individual rather than multiple individuals

It.

That's about it.

I quite enjoy his books, though they can be kind of pulpy. He also writes like a fucking machine. 10/10 inspiration desu senpai

I like his books I just wish some people would branch out a little. I looked at Goodread's top horror list and 80% of it was King's and of course then his son Hill's books with a few authors sprinkled in between. I think hes deserving of having some top horror books but not as many as they have on there.

to overthrow the goverment if its working against you. to have a leverage against much bigger force that is goverment. for fun and sport. to fuck around. and for protecting your country against invasion.

I feel the same. I've recently discovered Koontz, so I have started reading some of his works. I got Phantoms on the shelf, really looking forward to read that one. I read Twillight Eyes and Servants of the Twillight, I thought they were mediocre, but I'm optimistic.
I still got half the Necronomicon to read.
Then I've been looking into some swedish horror writers - Mats Strandbergs Färjan was a lot of fun to read - I got a bunch of John Ajvide Lindqvist to read.
I even have some James Herbert books - there are actually a lot of horror-books to read if you know how to find them

the government has bombs, airplanes, drones and tanks.
If that is your argument, the american people should be allowed to buy those things as well.

He's had some winners, and I like some of his short stories, too. It was great.

Sounds about right, though I've only read Night Shift. There were parts that were good and parts that just made me want to stop reading.

Semi-automatic rifles are not assault rifles, moron. Using buzzwords won't change the fact that modern sporting rifles are very different from contemporary service rifles.
Also,
>what is IPSC
>what is hunting/harvesting

Book is good n all. But I like most people saw the movie first. When I read that Jack used a mallet from some yard game I never heard of and no not a croquet mallet instead of a friggin axe I was distracted and completely taken out of the story.

>answer to one out of cuple points
>its all of your argument

fucktard listen here.

It takes couple hundreds of people to take a city. Its very easy to overthrow a gov. You need about 10 % of ppl support. In some cases military joins in. Sometimes its even only military overthrowing gov.

of course they should be allowed to buy those things. Who the fuck are you to tell somebody he shouldnt buy it. Will they ? no cause that shits expensive and requires knowledge to mount. Even if someone rides a fucking tank then so fucking what you fucking cuck numale faggot. What cant you imagine in your stupid cocroach mind that somebody would find it fun to drive a tank in his private property. Fuck you and every inch of your existance.

Very formulaic.

I haven't read anything of his but On Writing and from the reviews/stories I don't care to find out if they are decent or not.

His prose in that book is fucking amazing, his insight and authenticity were razor sharp. It was a humble book, but it felt conversational and alive. He has a tendency to go full on old man and talk about stuff that no one cares about but I think that's meant for people his age reading.

At least he writes his own books, unlike Fuckboi Patterson.

Awful book, 80% padding, only scary for 4 paragraphs, the worst ending. Sad.

I have only read book I and II of the dark tower series. I liked the setting of the first book. The world building was intriguing. The second book had way more intense action, something i really dig. He stopped exploring the world in the second book though, it was all about new york and the characters.

This might sound racist, but I have never picture a black woman being as intelligent and well spoken as Odetta. Maybe it had to do with her counterpart that highlighted that. Also, i'm not from the states so i wouldn't know any better.