How do you deal with the fact that books are for nerds?

How do you deal with the fact that books are for nerds?

I'm an avid reader and 27. This fall I held a girls hand for the first time. When she asked what my hobbies are I said I liked books and she withdrew her hand from my sweaty palms.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Yt8ymUsOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kys, virgin.

Must be an American thing

Ugly people belong on /r9k/

>preinternet

>hobbies
You weren't paying attention to what way being asked. Here was the real question, and here is how you answered
>>how do you interact with the people around you?

>I like to be alone

If you'd said "I like books, and I make sure I go to the book club once a week, and write with my writer friends," your dick would be wet right now

Should have said "Worshipping God and reading his word."

>things that happened

I've never seen a vagina.

>Ordered a bunch of Russian lit online.
>It arrives.
>Dad says can I have a look.
>What made you choose these? (Said in a mocking tone).
>I genuinely like Russian lit, my dad thinks i'm a pseud for suddently getting into classic lit.

>he doesn't use his vast literary knowledge to pick up liberal arts students

it's like you don't even try

Women like nerds nowadays. Being well read and knowledgeable is in vogue regardless of what the angry autists on /r9k/ say. If you ever stepped outside of your bedroom and interacted with people you would know that women are just as bookish and intellectual as men, all you have to do is stop pursuing too 1% partygirl types that you have nothing in common with and find the female equivalent of you. Don't let anti-intellectualism hamper your path to patriciandom.

>literally announcing yourself as a deluded celibate

This is exactly how you make an idiot of yourself.

>women are just as bookish and intellectual as men

>inb4 frogman meltdown

Reading comprehension my friend, maybe you should learn about it.

bet ur a woman

So I'm a woman because you don't know how to understand what you read?

Let me show you how you are an idiot.

>Women like nerds nowadays
>Being well read and knowledgeable is in vogue
=/=
The fact that you somehow made that leap shows you either didn't read the post very well, you are an idiot or you froth at the mouth at the mention of a woman.

their inferior to the white man and that's a fact

I'm not, but I exclusively date women like this. All these angry virgins who aren't smart enough to figure out how to engage in basic human interaction have no right to call themselves patrician.

>He just pointed out I can't understand what I read
>That must be mean he thinks women are great

Your reading comprehension is terrible. You should probably work on that.

>their
Veeky Forums's literature board, everyone.

sorry, There*

>"I luv nerdy guys xD"
>pic related

Also that trend ended years ago. No one watches big bang theory anymore

Again, go outside and interact with real, living breathing women. Don't get all of your information from virgins on /r9k/ and /pol/. You and I both know that isn't what I was talking about.

Forgot pic

I'm sorry but even "smart" girls don't give a fuck about your opinion on Godard or Debord.

you havent spoken to enuff pretentious girls

>he hasn't hooked up with grad school girls

I bet you're taking community college classes

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Yt8ymUsOk

Enjoy your depressed ugly grad school girls that even under all that anxiety still missed x text and philosopher

wtf im a frogman now and will henceforth GMOW

>Tfw no depressed, cynical Veeky Forums gf

I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared shitless of woman. My uncle tried to set me up with one once and I had a anxiety attack.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared shitless of women. My uncle tried to set me up with one once and I had an anxiety attack.

yes they do u just have to venture outside of ur safe space in the young republicans club and go slumming with some commies

lmao commie girls wouldn't stoop as low as dating young republicans.

Oh man, the pussy game is like the most patrician. It's fucking beautiful on so many levels.

>women like nerds nowadays

Hahahahaha holy shit. This had me dying man. Funniest thing I read all day.

Don't blame books for your autism and social anxiety, buddy. If you have no other interest or way of connecting with other people, books aren't the problem.

It's literally one of the most essential human functions for socialization. How could anyone have a prayer of writing an acclaimed novel without knowing how to interact with other people? Read Joyce's fart letters. When he wasn't busy writing one of the greatest English language novels of all time, he was fucking the farts out of Nora. Even sub-70 IQ illiterates from inner cities can figure out how to have sex, it isn't difficult. You don't have any hope at all of writing realistic interaction or dialogue if you can't do it.

When people advise me to go out more, I never tell them the truth. The truth that I can't be social because every time I do this mistake, I'm filled with suicidal rage and in the end I search for excuses to leave earlier because I can't stand having to talk with them when the conversation gets serious or it's not some banale small talk. Afterwards I go into hermit mode. Which doesn't make me an antisocial. It's my search for quality people which so rare to find. inb4 no, I'm not form r9k.

This guy knows what's up.
I thrive off being the nerdy book guy.
Ya just gotta know how to play it.
Read/write but also go to parties/the bar, where you can get drunk enough to have a normal conversation with a girl.
I looked like McLovin when I graduated high school and had few friends. I cleaned up, dressed nice, played the hipsterish part and get laid fairly often now.
>tl;dr Chicks still dig nerdy

>Afterwards I go into hermit mode. Which doesn't make me an antisocial. It's my search for quality people which so rare to find

Oh fuck off. Search for quality people? Such people are everywhere, but they can spot your kind coming a mile off. How about endeavouring to develop some quality in yourself? Become a well-rounded figure? Take an interest in sport or physical activity? Music? Local culture? Volunteer work with the undeserving folk who lack quality?

If nothing else eat well, exercise more, and get good sleep. There are the first steps to stopping the useless self-hatred. You are literally wasting yourself with such an attitude and you could be so much more.