Why does time feel like its speeding up?

Why does time feel like its speeding up?

I joined Veeky Forums in 2009. Back then, even an hour on the computer felt like too long. I was just starting high school. I just finished University. I cannot believe how much time I wasted on here, smoking pot, playing video games...I will regularly shitpost on Veeky Forums for 9+ hours. How did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNgyEmYyQF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're unhappy and stuck in a rut. Also, eith age upwards of 25 time really flies

time perception is logarithmic

Yeah, maybe. If I told myself 9 years I would have the degree I do and the money I inherited I would be shitting myself.

Yet, I sit here. 12am on a Saturday night, drinking and shitposting while eating a hot pocket.

I have everything I could ever have wanted. I dont understand why I feel so horrible all the time, how can I fix this emptiness inside me?

Define your happiness for you, read up on Socrates.

If there's no goal, you can't score, if you don't kniw what happiness is, you can't achieve that either

Find a religion that works for you. Human beings crave that higher power shit even if we don't realize it. That's why all these libtards who pushed out christianity from their lives are now are obsessed about global warming.

>I have everything I could ever have wanted. I dont understand why I feel so horrible all the time, how can I fix this emptiness inside me?
Life is pointless.
Get something fun going with other people to distract yourself.

>Find a religion that works for you.
>Delude yourself.

Talk to a therapist. It doesn't mean something is wrong with you. Everything needs a maintenance check every once in a while. Go in for a tune up.

youtube.com/watch?v=SNgyEmYyQF4

yup

You can't see what to do, so you've joined the masses. Old people, the culmination of their entire life-long learning, are qualified to stare at a idiot box and play games.
You have no idea who you are, where you came from, how you came to be or your future.
This is your emptiness. Quest and intentionally suffer and you will learn; but not so much or so recklessly that you die. It is up to you to accept the answers, the brutal, ruthless truth. People can help you but no one is going to save you but you. Some people will wait at the edge of a desert for someone to carry them across: they will die waiting. They will reject their own god. They always have.

>Why does time feel like its speeding up?
You lived longer. For a 1 year old 1 year is 100% of their lifetime. For a 20 year old 1 year is 5% of their lifetime.

Time seems like it is speeding up because our perception of time is a function of how much time we have experienced. When you were young a year felt like forever becuase 1 year is a 10th of a 10 year olds entire life. At 30 its a much smaller fraction of the experiences you have had in life. Smoking pot isnt the best idea either. Im not saying its bad for you or anything, i smoked the fuck out of my fair share of trees in highschool, it just makes you complacent with life. Playing video games and shitposting all day isnt normal, but on weed it is. Ultimately though, not one human in the entire history of the Earth matters even a little bit in the grand scheme of the universe. Until we become an interstellar speices (if that ever happens) at some point the Sun will explode and the only traces of human civilization left will be the probes and radio waves we sent into deep space. There is no purpose to any of this so really, the most important thing in the entirety of existence is your own personal enjoyment. So if smoking pot and shitposting makes you happy keep on keeping on.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone is going to die. Come watch TV.

damn, this gave me some feels

Realistically though did it stop from doing anything else other than watching TV with that time?

Sounds like you worship your own mind

these are the retard versions of this post btw

>How did this happen?

Stupidity.

CBT is one of the most helpful things for depression. Therapy works for plenty. Even if OP doesn't have any issues understanding your thoughts and emotions is helpful to anyone.

Besides that I agree.

OP to lengthen the time you feel you need to have more new experiences. If you do the same thing every day then the days blur together.

With the death of your brain cells your perception of time speeds up.

If I was wasting 9 hours a day here and playing videogames I wouldn't graduate ever. What the fuck did you study?

>how can I fix this emptiness inside me

DEFEAT! AND THEN OVERCOMING DEFEAT!

Lock away your wealth in a vehicle that has a time lock in it.

Anything other than this is mere lower hedonics for someone not used to a lot of money.

Science is a religion too, you know. A set of statements grounded by strong belief in them. Science just makes a big whoowhoo about "not being religion". Sorry but you are.

Stop smoking weed you faggot.
That's why time flies.

>CBT is one of the most helpful things for depression
??

kill someone, try to never get caught. You'll never be bored again.

checked, OP must deliver now.