If holiness means chastity and all believers should aspire to holiness...

If holiness means chastity and all believers should aspire to holiness, does this mean that Christianity is antinatalist?

>t. worthless virgin

Catholic monks did not aspire for all men to be chaste nor did they condemn sex in general

There have actually been various sects who believed this and acted on it, the cathars are a good example, but there have been more recent ones.

Shakers

You mean continent, not chaste. All Catholic men are expected to be chaste.

Chastity does not mean absence of sex.

Your notion of holiness is deficient. It means separated or set aside. The holy one is separated from the world and set aside for God's use and pleasure. This could mean chaste in a certain context, but chastity in itself does not mean nor fulfill holiness.

I meant celibacy desu, my bad.

But celibacy isn't a requirement for sainthood, not even priesthood. Orthodox priests and eastern rite Catholics can be married.

>Orthodox priests and eastern rite Catholics can be married.
Married men can become priests, but priests can't get married.

I wasn't sure so I said can be married.
I should try an old slavonic mass some time.

Holiness =/= chastity.

Holy means whole or wholesome, naturally complete.

Are you trying to etymologically appropriate Christian concepts for your libertinism, user?

No sophist, that is what you're attempting to do.

as with all religion, it really is up to interpretation. In my opinion, the important aspects of Christianity were it uses for controlling a civilization, particularly the illiterate masses. If the church controlled the crown, and the church's laws were the crown's law, the church controlled everything. I got a bit off topic though lul

Why is Veeky Forums so full of morons who don't even know simple words?

Can you not read the first part of the definition? It's not the same for married people.

There's literally no definition of holy that means that.

The definition is a single sentence. I realize that with your limited IQ you might not be able to parse English grammar, but the sentence does not end until the period. So the early part of the sentence does not magically stand on its own with a separate meaning wholly separate from the part that comes immediately after. If this is how you read definitions it's no wonder you're this appallingly ignorant.

The holy are always chaste. There is no holiness if you're living a degenerate sinful life.

No, holiness means to be "set apart."