Is it normal to have an existencial crisis every 5 fucking minutes?

Is it normal to have an existencial crisis every 5 fucking minutes?
Like, give me a fucking break, most philosophers are failed poets phonys, they dont get it at all.
One moment I think X is right, 5 minutes later I realize Y is the answer, then Z and you know how it goes
What the fuck, Veeky Forums? Is this just how living is or am I mentally ill?
It has been this way since I have memory

take the redpill

Fuck off
Fuck off

Nothing matters.

Ah, nihilism, the laziest form of philosophy.

>One moment I think X is right, 5 minutes later I realize Y is the answer, then Z and you know how it goes

Turning 18 will fix this.

>phonys
Holden Caulfield, is that you?

Have you ever read a philosophy book? Reading tumblr quotes doesn't count

The laziest. And the most accurate.

Oh, you're so deep.

Ah, I relate... it's exacerbated by my degree (physics). Pretty much nothing makes sense; generally, the more you think about something, the less sense it makes. That's probably a tautological sentence because if you think about something it means you're not taking it for granted, i.e. you are not simply perceiving it. When you are not thinking, at all, and simply perceive the environment, that is when everything seems the most real. But when you think deeper, concepts are revealed as heuristics and what we see as "reality" becomes far less certain. Not in a solipsistic sense, but in the way that we miss so much information. I had an attack of derealisation after thinking about this intensely... when existential thoughts have such an effect on perception is when they become a problem. It'd be less stressful simply to engage with life, however, I think I'm incapable of that. I'll just have to somehow use this obsession with concepts to my advantage. Maybe you should write things down; it allows solidification of thoughts, so they can be analysed properly, rather than just float around in your brain.

>philosophy tells you what to think
lol

Nope.

Get a life
Seriously, that's the only thing that will help you

Perhaps.

Stop being gay

Epic!

This fag gets it
Shut it (life) down!

>I think I'm incapable of that.
yes you can, it is called samatha meditation

what the fuck are you doing here?
please read whole books before posting

the way he talked about the mind made me think he has had some experience with meditation since he pretty much nailed a lot of things but maybe not

But it's true.

You just have anxiety.
And fearing mental illness is also anxiety.

Kind of feel the same, OP
I'm not functioning well and decided to go to a therapist since people advised me to.
I sat there, told her my situation but got no help, she needed a specific aspect in my life that I wanted to fix, I couldn't come up with any.
I guess I'll just keep on keeping on

Congrats buddy ! Youre going insane !!! :) anxiety attacks coupled with derealisation and depersonalization along with increasingly disorganized thought patterns are the first signs of schizophrenia. Im guessing youre in your late teens early twenties? Have fun.

>2016
>meme illness
Anyways
What do? Lifting doesnt cut it, and I dont want to be forever on benzos

>le armchair diagnosis faec

Nah, I'm just a particularly anxious person. My thoughts aren't disordered, just a little off the wall to some people. Fortunately I'm around people who get it.

Meditation is something I've been "getting round to" for a long time; I've never sustained a habit. Thanks for reminding me. I was probably subconsciously inspired by the Tao te Ching and some Zen koans, though I'm not always aware of why I think about things. I feel as if I came to my own conclusions, but I can't be sure.

Yep, it sucks;I've been to two GPs and they don't get it. I'd rather not be medicated though, desu. I have a counselling session lined up, though I'm not too optimistic about it.

No, you'll get over it and get back to your life in a few days.

You brain is trying to understand itself. That is not existential or transcendental, but algorithmic and paradoxical. There is no dialectic. The brain is a sense organ that senses itself; then senses itself sensing itself.

This is how you create a representation of your narrative universe.

But there's the rub: All you ever have is a story.
What is worse is that story is created recursively.
So how do you make a story of the story when you can never leave the recursion? When the story is useful to be believed you don’t know it is a story. When it fails and stops, you keep everything up to that point in the failure and talk of a dialectic. But that is just myopic. You are always in a recursion making a story by recursion, and so have a recursion of a recursion and you can never leave.
Paradox.
But only paradox of transcendental meaning, and inherited structures from a narrative universe that works for stuff you encounter in the story, but not necessarily for the stories of the stories of that stuff.

There is no world you can know except through a story you create, and so you cannot ever know the world, even thought the world is the only thing that is.

Every action is a story. If it were not, it would be indistinguishable from a story of randomness. And there is no story of the story you can tell, unless you tell the story of the story making process that includes how the story making process made the story of the story making process which just makes the whole thing disappear.

It is Ouroborean. It is Borromeanian.
It is confusing as hell, but in the end...
The world is. Your story is not.

All you have and all you are is a story that isn't that is made useful by a world you cannot know.

You should spend more time listening to the stories you tell to see if the world will let you tell that story, and less time telling the stories you want to hear and living in your head, with the false confidence of thinking it is the truth.

> tfw every teen thinks he has anxiety/neurosis because he is finally waking up from todays escapeism-society
Fucking fags, even my teacher hates on these people.
Grow up, snowflakes

>that one guy in his early 20's that thinks he can diagnose people off of one post
Grow up snowflake

OP here, this morning I started hearing voices in my head, one male and other female
I guess it was just mental illness, lol
Woah you and your teacher must get so much pussy, you are so above all the cucks, teach me your ways, ubermench

I've been on this for at least 3-4 years, but hey, thanks for the (You)

Read beckett and lispector you faggot

Im not gay but thanks for the rec

What do you mean by recursive? I'm not sure that what you're saying lines up with my understanding of the word.

Really cursive

Hey user - become a sophistic fideist who accepts absolute truth is impossible but you can (if you believe) survive off passion, experience and will without some grand metaphysic.

Literally read Sickness Unto Death. The man invented the term angst.

"Anxiety is the dizzying heights of freedom."

Accept your a finite being entangled by an imperfect infinite conception of reality, and either embrace God in a negative third unity, or become a romantic ironist.

Don't project, buddy.

>One moment I think X is right, 5 minutes later I realize Y is the answer, then Z
CONGRATS YOU'VE REACHED THE END OF THE ALPHABET. If you want to continue, best choice is to restart with the greeks.

Dont put their ideas into dichotomies of right and wrong.

Only schops main points are correct, and even he fails to account for the fact that humans are a cosmic anonoly and therefore universally significant.

You could blue pill whenever you want, but epiphanies are fun to you, so you dont.

Just work on your career and your writing/art on the side so you can express the joys of maadness.

Im not that user but to me he is quite accurate. If im not mistaken recursive here means literally referring to itself

The stories our brain creates must refer to themselves. The mind seems to use a recursive trick to derive meaning from our universe

Not really. Its ideological. As Neitzsche said "people would rather cling to a certain nothing rather than an uncertain something"

The actual quote: "there may actually be puritanical fanatics of conscience who even prefer to lie down and die on a certain nothing than an uncertain something"

But yah. Nihilism is for people scared of the uncertainy of what lies beyond our limits of perception