I thought this was a meme

I thought this was a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3izzC-mE6iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude we need to make kids try everything, we have zero fucking clue what they're going to do for money when they're adults.

I don't really see the problem with trying to get kids interested in science.

This is a good thing.

Way to go Amazon!

I am more likely to support Amazon now that I have reached a positive feedback stimulus from it.

Yay capitalism!

the point is the bullshit STEAM wedge strategy that's being employed.

The "A" stands for an artistic, design-oriented approach of STEM, not studying Arts.

Art, philosophy, history, law, sociology, funding, and communication skills are the most important skills for developing new science.

Dumb

Oh, i thought it was for "Autism"

Me too. Holy shit.

doesn't steam encompass basically everything? why not just call it "everything"? or "education"? you know, words we already have and use. why do we need a new word for the same damn thing?

Yeah because that doesn't produce total crap that doesn't work in the slightest.

Remember that waterseer thingy?
>youtube.com/watch?v=3izzC-mE6iA

There is a word for design though. It's called "design". By the way, design is not art. Also, art is not design. They are different.

You know that in this context they mean the same: something involving aesthetics.

>underestimating SJWs

Did we teach you nothing?

I like to think of design as the type of experimentation that yielded innovations like the wheel etc. It's basically inventing things using crude processes. We didn't have teams of researchers trying to work out the problem of how to create wheel-based transportation back then.

Unfortunately, there is a greatly reduced need for this type of innovation in today's world. Most of these type of inventions have probably been invented. When was the last time an "inventor" invented something as revolutionary as the wheel? Where the inventors today anyway? Where are the Edisons, the Teslas? They're pretty much a thing of the past.

I just think STEMD sounds better.

>the most important part of science is not science
yeah ok

STEAM excludes women's studies

1. Edison was not an inventor, he was a buisiness man.
2. Tesla was the equivalent of some batshit schizo with an associates degree today. Im not saying he hasnt had a significant impact on modern technology, he has, and there is something to be said about his creativity for all the devices he dreamt up. However, he was inventing devices that used a brand new form of energy that nothing had ever been invented for before. If he was alive more recently he would likely be homeless.

The reason you dont see "Edisons or Teslas" today is because we have pretty much exhausted our current level of scientific knowledge as far as technology goes. However, that doesnt mean everything has been invented. We could discover how to harness quantum vacuum fluctuation energy, or some shit, tomorrow and i can guarantee 5 more Teslas would pop up overnight. We have gotten very good at developing the devices we can with electricity, but there hasnt been much useful scientific knowledge gained by us as a species since Einstein (i dont count anything in QM because its yielded no useful technology).

it's sociology which falls under the humanities which is an art form

Because the arts and humanities faggots want to leech off of the respect and funding that STEM gets.

>QM because its yielded no useful technology
what are you typing on then

also, a quantum version of that same thing might be coming soon

Humanities isn't an art form. Just because it studies subjective shit?

the terms humanities and art are interchangeable when used in this sense

most everything can be divided into either arts or sciences, and yes it's basically along the subjective/objective line

But humanities isn't subjective, its object of study is subjective. It still tries to derive objective statements from subjective experiences. Truth is humanities is just STEM with a lot more variables. It's easier because we know too few (fewer than in STEM) of these variables.

>a lot more variables
that's really the only way to differentiate between "more subjective" and "more objective" anyway

Computers didnt require QM to be invented, neither did the internet, or really anything useful for that matter. Quantum computers are already a reality. They have been for over half a decade now, the problem is they suck at doing just about everything except for optimization problems (see traveling salesman). They will become more useful in the future im sure, but to me, right now, they might aswell not exist. QM is at the point now where gravity/general relativity was before Einstein. We are aware it exists, we have performed experiments, but nobody truly understands it yet, and nothing practical has come out of it.

90% of kids go into A and then end up poor.

Fuck STEAM. STEM or die.

You're looking at it wrong. There's art in science and some grounding in good aesthetics can go a long way in STEM. Vis. writing beautiful code, engineering beautiful machines...

Form & Function or GTFO in other words.

I'm a designer who works with engineers. They can't engineer anything beautiful for beans. Not that it really matters. All it does is help sell more stuff.

>what are you typing on then
Jesus Christ kill your self.