I'm really sick of being a brainlet...

I'm really sick of being a brainlet. I can't understand science and math past a shallow level or do anything academically interesting.

Will it be possible to boost my intelligence within the next few decades? Otherwise I lack justification for not killing myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_bloomer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"smart" drugs like modafinil, ritalin and other energy boosting drugs can help. As for actual intelligence amplification, there are no known ways to improve intelligence significantly. Personally, I am looking for more research

I don't think fully developed adults can be effectively (certainly not cheaply or efficiently) "improved" in any meaningful way. It's best to try to make improvements before birth. Sorry, OP but you would have to be reborn.

>that feel when you are so smart that you know intelligence drugs are a scam to trick brainlets into giving you their money.

In fact, intelligence drugs aren't even placebo. They are socal engineering.

Consider how they are sold: Take a pill and then start studying and you will LEARN everything!

Here the placebo effect may be at play but it is not even the strongest factor.

Think about the usual brainlet. They are fucking retarded. They don't even study. So by marketing these pills by saying "take them, and then study" the brainlets will get higher grades than normal, simply because now they fucking studied for once in their retarded, miserable life.

It is amazing. That brainlets are this retarded. They study for a test and then attribute their achievement to the tic tac they swallowed. top kek.

lock your self in your room, turn off all electronics and study maths/physics for 4-6 hours a day. Anything less is for brainlets

you can train yourself to think

ramon y cajal (basically invented neuroscience) and charles darwin (basically invented evolutionary theory) were not elite intelligences

quoted for truth

I agree for Nootropics and all that bullshit, but ritalin? It's not a placebo, it's an actual ADHD med and literally does improve concentration. Modafinil does the same thing to a lesser degree. I'm not saying it's recommended to destroy your dopamine baseline with methylphenidate but the main selling point is that they give you the motivation to study, not that the drugs will "make you smarter".

>the main selling point is that they give you the motivation to study

And that's the point.

Is like me saying that I am selling muscle enhancement pills.

Just take two and then go to the gym!

But if you really think about it, you could just go to the gym and you would improve regardless.

Similarly, instead of taking pills and then studying you could just study. But you know, Big Pharma execs have to pay for the expensive prostitutes and cocaine addiction in some way or another.

Your problem is motivation and organization. What do you want to do, and what steps are required to do it?

>what is neuroplasticity

>you can train yourself to think
this

but brainlets have no idea what it takes, the huge amount of effort, the amount of background knowledge etc it takes to accomplish a "feat of genius"

but how does one learn all the background knowledge fast enough?

>fast enough
that's the problem

you need the patience, the passion, the drive

you need to be able to spend years learning things, doing things, every single day

I want to be a genius within my lifetime but even the sheer abundance of infomation I must understand and process is too much for me. I want to major in physics and chemistry but I'm fucking up in Calculus II. I don't know how to program at all. I'm 20 years old and I feel like the time limit for me to do anything great in shrinking and its causing me stress

what do you mean you can't understand math or science past a shallow level? What math and what science? HS level, first year shit? Either way it doesn't matter, don't tie your value to understanding science, most of it doesn't have any application outside of school.

everything is ok user
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_bloomer

There are ampakines which can boost memory by such insane amounts that they're classified as they have the potential to destroy modern society as we know it.

Looks into DARPA's research with cortex pharmaceuticals on cx-717. A scientist I will not name hinted it's an analog of that but cx-717's structure alone has not been released.

>Once, when asked to give his definition of genius, Mr. Edison replied: ‘Two per cent is genius and ninety-eight per cent is hard work.’

sit down with The Great Courses or Khan Academy and learn basic math (arithmetic to differential equations). Get a textbook for each subject and do the problem sets.

I failed out of community college and now Im getting my masters with a perfect GPA. You can do it.

Anything is possible! Never give up!

This.

>motivation
"Motivation" in the studying sense, is literally habit.

>patience, the passion, the drive
This is bullshit. It's a habit, nothing else.

Edison had money and was a fraud.

I didn't go to Uni until I was 27, don't beat yourself up over this.

drugs decrease IQ by 10 points on average. They also change your personality from INTP to ESFx or some shit. Don't listen to these faggots OP

>instead of taking pills that make you want to study, just will yourself into having a different brain

That is not how you do recursive definitions.

Just keep working at it. You start to understand things intuitively once you start to see the underlying patterns, and see how concepts relate to other concepts.

meanwhile, actual non-brainlets keep working at it just as much or even more, making surpassing anyone worth mentioning a complete delusion

"Surpassing" people is a meme. There will always someone smarter.

This.

I never got why this board always has faggots like that always feel the need to shit on people who earnestly want to try and learn something.

how do expect him to get into a (good) habit if he has the mindset to give up on anything that doesn't give him instant gratification

>They study for a test and then attribute their achievement to the tic tac they swallowed. top kek.

>implying drugs don't have any effects
why do you think most programmers are hooked on coffee/tea

I can't understand how the fuck does oxidation works in organic chemistry, my brain is too stupid for such HS tier stuff.