Give me your best reason for not believing in God

I know this is such a stupid question.
But I have yet to hear a good argument for not believing in god.

No reason will ever be good enough for you because you will keep shoehorning your religious beliefs regardless of how logical an argument against god.

If this wasn't the case, you wouldn't be religious.

>not believing in
bcoz not a Medieval peasant

I know this is such a stupid question.
But I have yet to hear a good argument for not believing in invisible pink unicorns.

A& is a set of all possible entities that could be called "God" in all of the various senses people use.

As part of this, A& must necessarily contain entities who have very variable psychologies and motivations in interacting with our world.

Make the Judeo-Christian God the "necessary" god out of this set.

Prove there is no God.

What reason has he given me to believe in him? The bible is full of fallacies and he hasn't produced a tenable miracle in multiple millennia. I was raised Catholic and would be quite content to believe in a God but there is simply zero justification for his existence.

I don't feel like it. Just take my word for it.

fpbp

the harmonic series diverges
God wouldn't fuck up and allow such nonsense

I can only conclude that he doesn't exist

I don't feel it and I'm not really concerned about his existence.

If god wanted to be believed in he'd have left absolute proof of his existence. With a universe so obviously constructed to hide any existing god, it feels disrespectful to go ahead and not just believe in one, but pretend to act on behalf of it.

"God" as a word means many different things to different people. The word "god" is a poorly defined human construct. The idea of god is also a human construct that's redefined with each new religion. It's impossible to scientifically say "god doesn't exist" because people just reinventing what the word god means. "God" both as a word and idea are regurgitated and reconstituted again and again to fulfill the needs that are presented.

I'm not saying "god doesn't exist." I'm saying "god" is some amorphous blob of theology that takes any shape at any time to suit any needs. In which case it should be entirely possible to invent a god that's 100% compatible with what's held as scientifically agreed upon facts. Which means it should also be possible to invent a god that exists if science agrees that god doesn't exist. In which case god would exist in a state of superposition, both existing and not existing at the same time till it's observed or interacts with something and collapses the wave function. If god created the universe, and the wave function collapses, does that mean the universe will collapse if god is ever proven to exist? Maybe we should stop asking the question "does god exist?" just to be on the safe side, and just live our lives.

I believe in Islam and the Qur'an has no fallacies. And since the world is supposed to be fair, I believe justice is delivered after death for those who don't get it in life.

Brace yourself lads, this might be a long one...

I do not believe in the Abrahamic religions especially. It is illogical to believe there is/ was a God that only really participated in Earth-ly matters let's say, between 3500BC - 700AD. Then stopped caring. He was concerned with their silly little lifes, battles, and other trifles, all those people of the Mediterranean and Middle East. Not really the Asians, nor the WeWuz's, nor the Native Americans. He didn't care about the Holocaust or Hiroshima, incidents that killed many more of 'his people' than some silly Jews versus Babylonians skirmish from the Bible. "No, I'm pulling out... I'll leave this shit up to you guys from now on." All this coincidentally happening before modern/ advanced science came along. Once science as we know it came along, these miracles and divine interventions on behalf of the Abrahamic God kinda just stopped. No more prophets, talking on snakes, walking on water, etc. Hmm...

I don't pull anything from the other religions of past and present, either. They all originated from a period of human history where we simply didn't know anything. Blaming things or leaving things up to a God or Gods was... um... 'practical' then. Now we can mold and shape our own destinies with knowledge, science, and technology. Religion is simply becoming useless.

It still exists because of ignoramuses, zealots, and (((them))). It is a detriment to us all that it still exists. It causes more bad and evil than it solves. "So why is it still around user?" We as humans are but a millisecond in Earth's history. Civilization as we know it even less time. It takes time to weed things like religion out. It's time is coming, provided we don't kill each other first.

>this thread

>(cont.)

All that being said, could there be a God or some other form of higher being? Maybe... we certainly can't disprove that. It's 'smart' to leave our options open. I just wanted to touch on why the Abrahamic religions are just cancer and almost certainly false. If there is a God, I don't think we've met him yet. With our current understanding of math, physics, philosophy and chem, we're just getting to understand where we came from. Some few thousand year old books of ancient desert people doesn't seem a good a place to base our beliefs.

But we can still assign a sum to the harmonic series by using indian black magic.

Babby's first evaluation of a deity
Stay underage, Veeky Forums

>muh presicious miricale

We have good explanations for how the universe formed and how life evolved. It is important to me, because if I was born a couple hundred years earlier, I would definitely think that the only explanation for life could be a conscious entity, like a god, creating it. Also, the fact that there are many religions with mutually exclusive belief systems, yet none of them have convincing evidence makes me believe that in fact all of them are wrong. So in essence, the lack of evidence makes me think that god doesn't exist. I don't necessarily believe that god doesn't exist, I just don't believe he does.

>But I have yet to hear a good argument for not believing in god.

The complete and utter lack of evidence.