How much does GPA matter for going into industry for engineering?

How much does GPA matter for going into industry for engineering?

3.9+ plus chad social skills

Depends on your portfolio, and if you have prior experience/internships. If you have an empty workbook and no prior work experience an employer has no choice but to weigh your GPA highly when evaluating you.

Since this is probably your first job, I'd recommend building an expansive and descriptive portfolio of projects which show competency and initiative to go beyond the basics covered in classroom. Preferably nothing too complicated, something you can readily talk about during an interview.

Depends on the field.

Usually the requirement is just not to have a bad GPA. But you also need

>internships
>extra curriculum
>relevant knowledge or experience (or at the very least, proof you have an interest)
>basic social skills

Start with 4.0 and take away 0.25 for each one you have to give you a ball park

It's sad, there are idiots that will buy that car.

I want to be an engineer but I have no social skills, Wut do?

Read the post
Have at least a 3.75 gpa

Here's what you really need. You must be able to prove that you can complete at least three Lego sets within a six hour period.
Do that and you're a shoe in!

no one cares about fucking extra curricular activities,you fucking idiot. this isn't high school.

it's a concept car, it won't be sold

I assure you they do.

Did you graduate? Congratulations.
Oh, you graduated with honors? Well, that's a nice feather in your cap.
Your actual grades? Nobody gives a fuck. They know what they are looking for, and they will look for it in the interview, and it ain't your damn GPA.

I got an internship this summer and they asked me how many hours I spent doing extra circulars every day as an interview question and to describe those extra circulars. Better join a club or your 4.0 doesn't mean shit :^)

None whatsoever, as long as you passed. It's based on who you know and the other experience you have.

t. lazy engineer who knows a guy

Generally:

networking>internships>projects>relevant skills>GPA

Obviously depends on situation, and your GPA can't be total dogshit (sub 3.0).

what happens to those with GPA below 3.0 (aka me as a brainlet)?

M8, no amount of GPA will save you if you're a sperg.

so whats a 3.0 gpa in percentage points

Read books on that. It's definitely easier and less time consuming than studying engineering.
I'm a total sperg like you, but I have improved a great deal just by reading and applying what I read. The hard part is that you're gonna have to change your introspective mindset to a social one.

Any recs ?

(3/4)*100 so Probably 70%?

Does it matter how many girls I fucked?

Because I haven't fucked any.

How to Win Friends and Influence People is a must.

>(3/4)*100 = 0.7

Great math skills there

Lol

Not too much, the world always needs engineers

its the only thing that matters.

i have 6 years of highly relevant technical experience i gained from the military/trades, a TS/SCI security clearance, and a binder full of certifications. nobody will hire me because of my poopy 3.0 GPA. can't even land an interview.

i would have been better off not getting an engineering degree and just sticking to my old job.

The Art of War

I didn't put my GPA on my resume, still got hired.

Don't list your GPA.

Just sound like you know what you're talking about on the interview.