Is he no longer /ourguy/?

Is he no longer /ourguy/?

>being this ideologically spooked out

Why should I care about this faggot?

So the sole purpose of higher education is to become a wageslave? This isn't what everyone wants to do with their life. The world also needs art, philosophy and entertainment.

he's right 99% of the time but the 1% he's wrong he's really wrong.

he's not wrong this time though.

This seems pretty right though. If you don't get good grades in STEM classes but you get good grades everywhere else, you are signaling high ability to bullshit.

FACTS

YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE AND CONSUME PRODUCE AND CONSUME PRODUCE AND CONSUME

IF WE DON'T PRODUCE AND CONSUME PRODUCE AND CONSUME THEN THE WORLD WILL END

He isn't wrong at all, I've passed humanities modules while not attending any of the lectures or studying just from bullshitting based on the title

Grading in general is bullshit

Playing devil's advocate, but I am a STEM major and I guarantee half the people in my class would fail their classes if it wasn't for professors curving grades to high hell to keep their passing grade quotas up.

Artists don't produce and consume? None of us pay for media? Art isn't anti-capitalist by any means. Unless maybe you give it away for free and somehow expect to live without earning any wages.

Nah, STEM students are much smarter than humanities cucks

facts > feels

I was referring to the purpose of 'education'.

What are the "prestigious" nonSTEM fields?

Law, Philosophy, Literature

>i download my opinions from youtube

He's not saying that nonSTEM pursuits are bullshit, he's saying that nonSTEM education is filled with bullshitters, and if you get good grades, it's because you can please bullshitters.

It's ideology to pretend STEM isn't full of bullshitters.

He is right though

Thanks for sharing how you feel.

It's a fact, retard

This is true esp if you take a STEM course at a liberal arts school.

I want to kill myself everyday for not being intelligent and vigorous enough to study STEM

He was right in my case.

I am Antifragile

>implying that STEM isn't bullshit

Antifra /out/

not everyone is deceived by the bullshitters. plenty of us can see right through them.

but a high ability to bullshit still demonstrates a good understanding of the task at hand. brickdumb people fuck it up entirely.

The humanities can be about facts as much as they are about feels.

Hard to bullshit in something like History though.

history is prestigious? first I'd have heard it.

Safe zone bullshit
Srsly when had an artist ever been not uncomfortable. They may very well be fragile but they press though that shit... Something millennials wouldn't understand.

have you ever read any of his books?
they're filled with unsubstantiated and often clearly wrong speculation about the way the world works--he puts forth ideas about nutrition, ethics, etc., that are fucking retarded

he also has an almost violent lack of self-awareness: he thinks of himself as tough and muscular (he says he's built like a bouncer) when he really has a dad bod and beginner lifts; he published a book of his own fucking aphorisms; he writes like he's the smartest guy in the room at all times, which is only mostly true because he's usually the only guy in the room--he's a recluse because he's insufferable

>Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a 'prestigious' degree
>Not consumption

I wasn't commenting on it being prestigious but yeah, Historians are highly respected, but the job market isn't great.

Just saying that not all of the Humanities can be "bullshitted" through

Define "bullshit".

history is easy enough to bullshit if there are enough people bullshitting it.

a consensus of bullshit aeronautics engineers will only hold until their planes fall out of the sky.

a false historical record will last as long as the consensus of experts agree that it's true.

"ideology"

alternatively "spook"

alternatively "meme"

this is dumb
we think that people can have specific talents, no? like, say, reading or writing?
being good at reading and writing will get you good grades in non-stem classes
and we think that people can have a certain specific talent without having a general aptitude; there are people who are very good at painting or piano, for instance, who can't do math
why would we think reading and writing are any different?

>a consensus of bullshit aeronautics engineers will only hold until their planes fall out of the sky.

u seen the F-35 lately? u seen Space-X's last satellite go up? plenty of bullshit engineers out there bro

>a false historical record will last as long as the consensus of experts agree that it's true.

we all know the holohoax didn't happen no matter what the "consensus", don't worry

this

t.stupid STEM student

Who is this fag?

He is right.

such an edgy faggot. he's got some good ideas but damn

*tips*

go worship your monkey/space explosion gods you perfectly healthy totally not neckbeard faggot.

Do you feel frustrated?

Weird, I don't see those three as synonyms.

Ideology
>an encompassing believe that you hold, usually with regards to thinking and acting and evaluating within a given system
Spook
>a thing, the accepted existence of which arrests one's abilities to actualize one's own existence
Meme
>weaponized collective unconscious

Honestly, if a liberal arts degree could teach us how to meme harder it would be well worth the money. Of the three words you mentioned STEM falls within ideology and spook as well for most. And actually, I guess it's a meme too. Nice job.

You've either never taken a STEM class or you're fucking retarded if you think STEM isn't filled with bullshitters.

Allow me to enlighten you as to how the STEm classes go -

>Copy all the homework answers from chegg.com. Literally copy them as fast as possible off the website 20 minutes before class in between browsing reddit and binge watching Neil de Grass Tyson youtubes that console you about how you're a genius and changing the world. The more illegible the better.
>Get 100% on all your homework that's graded by bindi TAs who come from cheating cultures anyway.
>BTW this reminds me, over half of your classmates are bindis, chinks, or arab exchange students who are hideously ugly and reek like they haven't bathed in a month. Almost every conversation you'll overhear in your classes will be some sand tower of babel language.
>Get 100% on homework grade
>Class makes an implicit pact to bomb all the midterms. Averages are in the shitter. Professor chuckles and wonders if he's a bad teacher. Secretly shitting his pants at how poorly the class is doing and whether it's not his fault. Gives massive curves to bring the class average up.
>Do semester project. Usually something childish that's barely related to the class, like making a non-functioning simulated traffic light or a program that crashes any computer.
>Graduate with your meme degree

nigga I just threw out three Veeky Forums buzzwords as a joke

you didn't need to tip that hard, a slight nod would suffice.

>Why should I care about this faggot?

Why did no one answer this?

So just how exaggerated is this? Only stem classes I took were astronomy and some math 101 shit.

>I don't get it therefore its bullshit

I won't argue that writing a great English paper is as intricate as advanced physics, but you'd have to be retarded to think that.

The problem with STEMfags like this guy is that they're so convinced that their knowledge of STEM makes them objectively "smart" that it seems natural that this "smartness" should translate elsewhere.

So when they start to read books like Molloy or complicated essays they automatically assume their intelligence to be infallible and therefore that its everyone else that's wrong/stupid.

>He thinks his degree in feminist literary criticism is in any way valuable or useful

>finance master race
>NON stem major that makes more than stem if you tryhard capital markets
>not on any sort of memebiat
Good feels

>implying stem grad degree holders can't get jobs as quants with ease

>be me
>fall for the STEM meme
>can't find job

Dude you can't be a wageslave if you're making salary lol

He is 100% correct. Don't go to Uni if you want to be a great writer imao. Fuck Commie scum

E-E....EXPLBBBAIN DIS!?!?!

I mean there has never been a humanities person with the pure intellect like Von Neumann

Was he ever? He's just a numbers guy with some good observations on that subject.

Lard on some populist self-help and you have a bestselling pop science book.

Example:
Suitcases with wheels. Wow, people are dumb for not thinking of that.

Except suitcases with wheels presuppose elevators and glass-smooth airport floors. You're fucked if you try to drag one of those on cobblestone. Short term travel also used to be the province of people who could afford to stay at places with porters to load up their traveling chests and such.

Many such pseudo-insights to make him and the reader feel clever. Sad!