What are the principles for sublime writing

what are the principles for sublime writing

I will tell you, but you need to give me a million dollars

the letters s u b l i m and e

I wouldn't waste my time with literature if I had the millions

Transition directly from solid to gaseous as you write it.

sounds cryptic

example ?

Look up "Sublimation".

Sublimation is a chemical process through which a solid turns directly into a gas. Fun science fact 4 kids: diamond sublimes at 5000 degrees C.

See, that's why you'll hardly make it

>sublime
this word is so cringe. I cringed the 3-4 times knausgaard used it.

only because the band (not absolutely terrible) tainted it?

Not the other guy, I cringe at it because it's one of those words like "euphoric" that has a pedantic connotation

>"euphoric" that has a pedantic connotation

Sublime and euphoria are the extreme opposite of pedantic, soooo?

Walk into the forrest at midnight of a full moon wearing a hooded cloak and incant with your own genuine fervor the favor of the muses (note: you might want to have your notebook on your person, for the walk back)

extreme misery

>opposite of pedantic
Pedant: a person concerned with displaying academic or technical knowledge to an obsessive degree.

When I see or hear those words, I feel as though the person writing them or speaking them is being pedantic. This is what most people mean when they say you are being "pretentious."

thank you Op I am also trying to reply to T H A T thread.

Pretentious, yes, pedant, no. A pedant is someone obsessed with seeming smart for pointing out minor shit no one cares about. It is not exactly the same as using a pretentious buzzword

What are better words, or series of words, to use besides sublime and euphoric, I will just check a thesaurus now, but f you have any personal onions I would be curious to hear

>tragic joy
>sense of wonder
>rapture

> femininity

Surely this.