What's the most interesting thing you've learned?

What's the most interesting thing you've learned?

For me, the most surprising results when I first learned them were the Dold-Kan correspondence (connective chain complexes in an Abelian category are equivalent to simplicial abelian groups there), Tannaka duality (the automorphisms of the forgetful functor from a category of modules over some algebra arrange themselves into that algebra), Pontrjagin duality (discrete abelian groups are dual to topological abelian groups), the geometric Langlands correspondence (number fields behave a lot like function fields, geometrically), arithmetic topology (links in the 3-sphere behave much like ideals in Q), and the Goodwillie calculus (pointed homotopy types behave quite similarly to formal power series).

Other urls found in this thread:

nickbostrom.com/ethics/values.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xvj0rxhjpWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a board to discuss literature

Your prose has all the convolution of Joyce without any of the charm

Are you trying to tell me you've never learned an interesting thing from all the literature you've read?

So you came here to humblebrag about some inane shit ? grow up son

No. I came here to make a thread asking about interesting things people have learned. I assumed there would be people here that read Non-fiction books.

I learned that women suck shit from Schopenhauer's 'On Women'.

Pure mathematics is the epitome of useless autism

Most of the conveniences you enjoy were/are heavily dependent on mathematics. you wouldn't be able to expound your retarded opinion on the internet were it not for mathematics.

Autistic shit
Get some real education.

What is real education? Can you give an example?

Why don't you go spout your Ted Kaczynski shit over on Veeky Forums? I'm sure you'll be more welcome there...

i got a laugh outta this fuck these fags good work keep your dick up and cum on my face jesus you faggot not like that kys you degenerate

I don't think this is the right place to talk about group theory, topology or whatever.

For all my Veeky Forums friends: don't feel bad, those are just some stupid concepts and theorems/corollaries that you learn in advanced math courses. Goodwillie calculus for instance is Ayn Rand-tier.

But if any of you actually want to understand what OP is saying (although I bet he also has no clue about some of this shit), start with Artin's Algebra book, than move to some more specific group theory stuff. It is quite interesting if you are into philosophy.

>For all my Veeky Forums friends: don't feel bad

Burst into laughter.

L this pretentious type of philosophy reminds me of dfw describing himself as a "98.6f calculating machine" and a "hardcore syntax wienie" even though he wasnt even good at maths

I was kranfrumbulated to elicigrape the Hamfrible-Popodoukas dialaprotheorum.

I learned that Veeky Forums is a culture that should be burned to the ground.

But every time someone tries the ash just fertilized the soil and the cancer sprouts stronger

That cooking soup is a great time to boil an egg without extra dishes.

nickbostrom.com/ethics/values.html

t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=xvj0rxhjpWA

I can't tell you by human language
what i learn is very complex deep and subtle

Most interesting thing I've learned was to fully comprehend the difference between morality and ethics.

That most languages in Europe are descended from a traceable but unattested proto-language called Indo-European.

Or maybe this, except with poaching.

not an argument

everything is a spook

Damn, sounds like a real thing!

Enjoy science bro, hail sagan

>tfw fucking dumb