Julius Evola

Are any of his books worth reading? If I were to read just one, which should it be?

Also, is his book on Buddhism any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/de_IAmA/comments/5cf9dn/ama_ich_bin_ein_aussteiger_aus_der_rechten_online/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Are any of his books worth reading?
In fact, no.
>If I were to read just one, which should it be?
Can't advise any.
>Also, is his book on Buddhism any good?
Absolutely not.

I would suggest Ride the Tiger

For me Evola is hit or miss. He has some SERIOUS degenerate stuff, like harem and batshitcrazy sexual behavior, but this problem is minimized in Ride the Tiger.

oh wow, what a fucking moron. took the vedas and ruined them, apparently. got it all wrong. yes, we are in the Yuga. your job is to REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND KEEP YOUR HEART PURE. nothing else. this guy was so fucking lost its not funny. so close, and yet so far away.

Revolt Against the Modern World, Men Amongst the Ruins and Ride the Tiger are the books you should start with

>Revolt Against the Modern World
this is GARBAGE, please don't recommend this kind of degeneracy to OP

>so close, and yet so far away
that's basically it

It's been ages since I read him. His critique of Nietzsche was half-right. He BTFO's Heidegger though.

Either give valid critiques, or just admit you are a buttblasted lefty.

Evola is closer to lefties than to traditionalists.

From a "game" or "manosphere" perspective, acknowledging male sexuality is perfectly in keeping with solar masculinity.

>pic
Such rebels. Have they applied for a grant yet?

Why is Revolt garbage?

And what's wrong with his book on Buddhism?

Revolt against the modern world is GOAT.

Ride the tiger is good work too.

If you recognize yourself rather as a living organism with thoughts than a halfdead piece of weak meat, then I would suggest that you read him.

Don't listen to the shitposters from reddit, they'll leave soon enough. They have a vague idea of who Evola is, and they feel threatened by his intellectual superiority (as they should be).

Most of Evola's work is great, even if you disagree with his worldview. The reading order is usually Revolt Against the Modern World -> Men Among the Ruins -> Ride the Tiger for a solid foundation. I personally really enjoyed his essays on fascism and the Third Reich. He transcends ideology, and is one of the most radical aristocrats (in the true sense of the word) that you'll encounter. The legs of latter-day leftists, conservatives, and other assorted intellectual gnomes already start to buckle during the first few pages.

One thing to note, though, is that the translations are of varying quality. He's best read in Italian (or in German or French if he did the translations himself). His prose may seem a bit dense, especially if you're not well-versed in history and philosophy.

His book on Buddhism is, according to friends I have who are versed in eastern philosophy and practice, one of the best on the subject. The same is supposed to be true of his book on Hermeticism, though I haven't read either of them.

He's a hack.

See you can tell by this idiot advocating him how worthless his books are

Stop samefagging

>t. someone too retarded or scared to even try reading Evola

First post in the thread.

I've studied Hegel, Derrida and Wittgenstein at a third level. I find it funny you even think this simpleton is intimidating

lmao you're too dense to even comprehend that your post is self-defeating.

thanks for quality post

hello nu-male

witnessed

Hello illiterate

>illiterate

mein sides your kind are silly sometimes

Reminder

(lol this is so funny for some reason)

well, figures only children would fall for communism

These people are having a real hard time separating tranny and nigger "rights" from communism, maybe if they weren't so pathetic I would even support it

Should we post this pic every time a /pol/ retard makes an unpopular claim?

"reminder that after the plebbit pic has been posted a thousand times on /pol/ and /r9k/ there'll have been an influx of "redpilled" frogmen. Kindly disregard them!"

>Should we post every time a /leftypol/ retard makes an unpopular claim?

You should tell everyone that if they aren't here to discuss literature, then they should fuck off.

Eh, I'm sure you could find the same thread on from members of the 'right'

Here's an enlightening AMA in German with a guy who said he did just that: reddit.com/r/de_IAmA/comments/5cf9dn/ama_ich_bin_ein_aussteiger_aus_der_rechten_online/

Use google translate

What the fuck are you even talking about, I'm trying to find sense in your post but all I see is violent retardation

I do, especially to those fucking Zizek and spook posters. Guess how they reply?

This picture is posted aorund 100 times a day on /pol/ and /r9k/.

We probably have more of a /pol9k/ invasion than le evil rebbitors as a consequence

reminder to sage and report all politics threads (unless they're talking about a specific work by a thinker, then just hide it if it triggers you).

It's posted here because it explains why Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are such Marxist hugboxes

Why don't you do the same with these posts hen friendo? :^)

Stop falling for the marxist bait you morons
dont you see thats their plan to destroy every discussion that isnt approved by the party (subreddit) leadership

I haven't reported the thread, because I'm sure this one is genuine and not bait. There have also been suggestions made to the OP on what to read.
The OP isn't about politics, but about the works of a thinker. It shouldn't be reported.

I see a lot of people interested in Ride the Tiger here. Some people are eager to jump in, others are intimidated. I've read the book about eleven times, so I just want say a few words and address people who are thinking about reading it or are just beginning.

Before you embark on your journey into the mind of a genius, you have to understand a few things that are very important. When we talk about Julius Evola, we’re talking about a man whose I.Q. could not be measured. Past 200, I.Q. tests get imprecise. We don’t know whether we’re dealing with a man with an I.Q. of 200 or 300 or what. When it comes to Evola-tier geniuses, the standard tests simply don’t apply. You see, Evola could have entered any field he wanted. He was a real-life Will Hunting. He could’ve been a doctor or a lawyer, or both, if he wanted. He could’ve been a pioneer in physics. He could’ve been a codebreaker for the NSA. But no. He decided to be a writer. He decided to devote his life to aesthetic beauty and to illuminating for us the way to live. That was the beauty and the tragedy of his life. In one way, it’s a blessing to have been born in Evola’s time, to be able to hear his voice in interviews, to hear him delivering his famous commencement speech, which is already transforming people both intellectually and spiritually. On the other hand, I will surely die before we know even half of the secrets buried within the labyrinth of Ride the Tiger. That I consider a curse.

It’s been fifty-five years since Ride the Tiger was published and scholars have only begun to come to terms with its full implications. This is what you must understand. Evola reverse-engineered not only the novel, but all of Western literature as well as language itself. Packed within Ride the Tiger is Hamlet, The Brothers Karamazov, Gravity’s Rainbow, Ulysses, and everything else. Hell, it even serves as an overview of human history, from dawn to today. It’s a book you could spend a lifetime studying. A lifetime spent in bliss, no doubt. It would be more worthwhile to spend one’s life reading and rereading Ride the Tiger than to achieve being “well-read” in the traditional sense.

I don’t say this to intimidate you, but to encourage you. You must understand that, on your first time through, you will not understand everything Evola is trying to communicate to you. Don’t worry. He knew things about life that we won’t discover for decades. Your job is merely to get on the road. In the decades to come, we may, if we’re lucky, discover scientific applications for the new ways of thinking Evola gave us. We may have to throw out science altogether. We simply don’t know. For now, we have to be content with our vanguard roles. We are the ones who will break the ground and loosen the soil for Evola’s future interpreters. This is not only our pleasure, but our duty. And for that, as Evola famously said, “Black people are a bunch of good for nothing dindus.”

Nice ironic memeing.

Oh and nice trips too.

Racism outside of /b/ will not be tolerated

Being a faggot outside of lgbt will not be tolarated

>
>>pic
>Such rebels. Have they applied for a grant yet?
Oh, this is interesting. Why did a mod delete a picture of leftists conspiring on reddit to subvert Veeky Forums into a foothold for communism?

>Veeky Forums has shit mods
Welcome to 2012, check your privilege user scum.

Presumably it's to avoid having all opinions that aren't /pol/ be met with 'it's a pleddit conspiracy, shill, go back to pleddit" etc. like you see on another board.

Also it's been posted 500 times already

>Also it's been posted 500 times already
So, this information is getting around too much?

It's probably also because they're legitimately terrible at converting people to their cause, last thread literally devolved into Marxists complaining they couldn't afford to live in San Francisco on their gender studies degree.

What's the implication here? That I'm a commie kike plebbitor who wants to breed out whiteness?

>all opinions that aren't /leftypol/ be met with 'it's a /pol/ raid' etc. like you see on another board

You need to think out your arguments a lot better. Also this "conspiracy" has proof.

Why would a Marxist be engaged in identity politics?

Look through the fucking catalog and tell me where there's a r e d d i t invasion.

There's still plenty of woman and minority hate.

Are you going to seriously pretend that there are no Zizek and Stirner posters from /leftypol/ & reddit?

Are you going to seriously pretend that there are no /pol/ and /r9k/ retards who are only here to talk about how niggers and women are shit?

>remember when Veeky Forums was a reactionary board back in 2011
>meanwhile newfags claim Veeky Forums has always been a leftist playground

>Triggered

I never denied that I myself am a /pol/ack and that there are others on this board. I personally dislike off-topic threads, and a lot of these bait posts are nu-/pol/acks. Do you deny that there are Marxists that try to promote their ideology on this board?

I doubt there are as many as there are 'redpillers'.

Again: report politics threads (that aren't about a particular work) and shitty bait threads. This board is for literature.

>I doubt there are as many as there are 'redpillers'.
wew I totally believe you are coming from a non-partisan position

Go to the 'Wolf' thread. People ask who the best one is. Two people say Virginia and are immediately met with 'cucks', 'kek' and 'you must be a feminist'.

It's you, isn't it?

>"I'm here from /pol/! Tell me about Julius Evola!"

That comic must be from 2011

No wait, that can't be, Taipei is from 2013

why would that matter. There either are or there aren't. Look at the board and find it out.

>/pol/
>2011
Wasn't /pol/ created early 2012? It would have been /new/ if 2011.

nope

>why would that matter
bias

IIRC it got a name change for some raisin, then got deleted and then brought back to life.

The raisin will have been to try to save /new/ most likely, like /pol/ being the containment board.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

yeah, but what are you doing right now that's so dependent on his bias? like, what are you accusing him of, being a subject?

here it still seemed like you were talking about deliberate misinformation. But now you're talking like people having biases is somehow discussion worthy.

Not even protesting is too much, okey dokey.

Read the thread. user got buttblasted because someone posted a certain picture that is now being removed by the mods, see . I came in agreement with him here until he posted this That is a typical /leftypol/ack response, and he seemed angered that the picture was being seen. He then denies that that Veeky Forums has become an ideological battleground for leftists, yet it is for right-wingers

Im from pol and honestly that board has turned into pure bullshit after redditfugees,
not that i ever agreed with pol, but now it has gotten way over the line
lit is one of the rare still good boards without normies, but if marxist retards start flooding it i think im just gonna go wallow in selfpity on r9k

I'm saying there are retards on both sides who aren't here to discuss literature and that you ought to report them. And I don't think there are more leftypol retards than /pol/ retards.

>normies

Fuck off back to /r9k/, you fucking loser

>I'm saying there are retards on both sides who aren't here to discuss literature and that you ought to report them
I agree.
>And I don't think there are more leftypol retards than /pol/ retards
I disagree, it seems to be the other way around.

not the guy you're responding to, but are you implying that this board wasn't a leftist shithole back in the day? if anything, it's become more right-wing

Well Im sorry that my usage of popular jargon isnt on level what youd like it to be

I can't work out what they think their end game is.

The ones to the right seem to think that this is the place to subvert if you want to stop the Jewish genocide of the white race

The ones to the left seem to think that this is the place to subvert if you want to stop evil global capitalism

It's how they get to there from
>Veeky Forums seems smart and is a bit elitist about literature
That I really can't follow.

It upsets me that this post even has replies. We used to laugh these fuckers right off the board.

The Zeitgeist is changing, numale cuck

This is not true. Although his connection to a particular group of idiots was different way back when.

What to read by Evola is valid discussion, the guy's fucking stupid but w/e.

Right is too stupid to go here
Believe a pollack who is here legit for literature

What?

The majority of /pol/ are too stupid for sure. There are people who post in both tho who are very much shitting up here.

>Right is too stupid to go here

We had a Holocaust denial thread yesterday kek

Those few pollacks that come here are here for literature not subverting
99% of pol are braindead morons and not nearly intelligent enough to fit in lit

About reddit idk cause ive dont go there

No, actually. I've been around on and off since the board was made, and Evola didn't provoke instantaneous terror and anxiety back then.

I blame it on all the PTSD from the election results. Posting Evola is actually kind of like going up to a veteran with a pop gun, very unfair and unkind to the poor psychological wrecks around here. I'm wagging my finger right now, admonishingly. You're admonished, OP!

That would be nu-/pol/

I honestly cannot keep up with this stupid shit. They like rap randomly in shit right? Like Sum 41?

>Holocaust
Historical events so true that they cannot even be discussed, as the truth would melt faces, kind of like the Lost Ark. Jewish things tend to have that effect. Gotta hand it to them for being so concerned about maintaining, uh, face.

Trying to discuss the validity of holocaust is callled catchphrases like holocaust denial by mainstream retarded brainwashed idiots who cant handle an opinion that isnt approved by the establishment

Youre somehow evil and stuck up for saying something right wing, but theres nothing wrong with marxism, in the contrary marism is so xool and sHould Be encouraged

Yes his books are worth reading (unless his books on sexuality and mysticism which seem retarded at times, but if that subject interests you, it may be worth a read). Even if youre a hardcore commie and anarchist, his works are worth reading because most of his arguments are well written and will at least expose you to well thought out post-fascist ideology. His criticisms of Nazi Germany form a more right-wing point of view are also interesting as most everyone criticizes Nazism from a liberal and left-wing stance, making his literature on the subject worth reading, if nothing for the novelty of it.

You won't know if you should read something until after you've read it and can't fairly say its merits unless you know whats inside. You would be (like many people in this thread) ignoring one of the most important 20th century traditionalist thinkers, and by extension reactionary traditionalism, just because some fat redditor told you to. Read some of his works and judge if they have merit yourself.

1. 99% of pol hates evola and are trump level liberals
2. Nupol youre talking about is tHe reason i left that place, and for some reason im getting called nu or whatnot because im stating facts you dont like while in reality im more extreme 100x than you

also
>ignoring a writer just because of his ideas that you kinda heard about from an obscure poster on an obscure forum
you'll never gain more knowledge ifyou block yourself off from whole blocks of reading just because you don't like the preconception of the writer. I've personally grown as a thinker and changed my perspective 2 or 3 times because of reading something that went against my ideology at the time. The weak block out what they don't like, the strong challenge their beliefs with opposing views.

I left after the "Pizza-gate" retardedness.

Point being, it doesn't belong on a literature board. Calm yourselves

Which retard started the Evola is traditionalist meme?

Neither does mindlessly trashing some author and breaking threads because you dont like him

I left after they backstabbed richard spencer who i highly respected

Evola desu senpai