Who were you in high school?

Let's reflect upon ourselves and see how we've changed.

>fishing for character content

I was pudgy and pretentious. I used to chainsmoke and read obscure literature, then going off to brag about it to other kids (who were pretty dull, ngl)

Used to think it was cool to fail all your classes bc
>misunderstood genius
>skool is lame bro
>implying grades have anything to do with intelligence

Graduated high school with a 1.8 GPA, now I'm a grad student at Penn State.

To all the high-school lurkers: do yourself a favor and have a good GPA. it saves you a shit ton of money if you get a scholarship.

Popular and jock. Would've beaten faggot like this up

I wanted to be a historian, then I wanted to be a journalist. I ended up as a history book editor at a university press.

Is that a picture of Kafka?

omg r u sherlock hommels?

I wanted to be popular so I forced myself into different friend circles and joined bands and drama clubs but didn't pay attention to my true friends and now I have been extremely lonely since finishing school.

I love you too user

I read that as "extremely lonely since fishing school" and wondered what awesome school is that.
Now that I read it properly I feel for you

Dropped out at 9th grade.

I was nothing. I still am.

Never have identified myself with the dork crowd, or the sort of people who drink jolt cola and think they're superior for playing games on the PC, but I guess I belong right there with them.

Pretty sure we were all Holden Caulfields to some extent, that's why you guys all hate Catcher

I was a beta cuck orbiter who wasted my education due to being raised in an Armageddon cult that indoctrinated me to believe the pursuit of higher education was Satanic. I was also never properly socialized, so I'd borrow phrases I heard from TV or movies, or heard other people say, and repeat them thinking this is how normal people interact with each other.

Now I post on Veeky Forums.

Anyone else here spent years upon years to build up some kind of romanticized, intellectual mental image while alienating all of your environment? Like, spending your youth in a darkened, closed-off bedroom while posturing with some kind of mental superiority.

I was the guy my 'friends' kept in the group because they felt bad about me and I was the butt of all the jokes.

>I was also never properly socialized
>beta cuck orbiter
It shows.

Which cult btw?

Jehovah's Witnesses

Quiet, studied a lot, hung out wih my close friends while I had free time, dated a cheer leader, and was varsity captain of our lacrosse team.

Betty Gud, not much has changed.

>High school
I watched Adult Swim and Toonami, I loved Naruto and Inuyasha, what the fuck. I also loved hentai and fapped exclusively to that for my first 2 years of fapping.

I was a student athlete. Each year I was doing something different Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Track, Basketball. After Freshman year I stuck to Cross Country, Basketball and Track and Field.

I had mostly As and some Bs.

Took college classes full time my Junior/Senior year.

I made it my priority to ask questions in class to make people laugh. I guess the class clown in a slight way.

I would reject girls but then talk to other girls and get rejected. Lack of confidence. So i never had a relationship until after college.

I was extremely into World of Warcraft and played 20+ hours a week minimum. I was in a top 100 US raiding guild. That shit was my life.
I was a boyscout until 10th grade. (No Eagle, RIP)

I played the Trombone until 10th grade. Shit took too much, I couldn't balance.

Compared to now, I've changed a fuck. But I'm still pretty diverse I think.

Thought drugs, smoking and alcohol were the devil.

>Now
I'm a teacher in South Korea, I love my job, srs. Best decision of my life.
I don't really watch anime as much
I still run and weight lift
qt korean gf, all my issues with girls kinda disappeared after i put my penis in a vagina.
I play Overwatch a couple times a week, that's all my gametime.
Nowadays I drink on the weekends and I smoke a pipe every morning.

what do korean grills' assholes smell like??

like avocado

I was a huge faggot a lot of the times. but i was generally seen as smart, i think, and I wasnt a TOTAL nerd. Most of my friends were cool, popular people, some of them were wannabe drug dealers, others were wannabe ball players. I got decent marks in all my classes I was an A-B student. kind of chubby. I was president of the science club, debate team, and was on student council and I volunteered a lot. Looking back i was kind of a normie.

Surprisingly there's no smell. She has a fancy badet toilet so it makes butt stuff easy.

My diary desu

I was a cringe master edgelord. I didn't really understand the value of school. I mostly played Halo and build shit with my legos. I had very few friends and I tried too hard to fit in with whatever group I could. I drew quite a bit. I played Soccer my Freshman and Sohpomore years when we lived in Japan. Then when we moved back to the US I started rowing Crew. Once I finally got laid in College I ceased to be a social retard. Now I'm in my last semester in college and struggling like hell to write my capstone paper. I also shitpost on Veeky Forums.

I was basically the same as I am now

I quit all vidya right before high school, so I never had a video game addiction.

At school, I never made an attempt to socialize because nobody really liked me enough. I was average-looking. People I knew usually thought I was super smart even though I was just average. That's still an issue now, people have expectations that I be some kind of genius even though I'm just like everyone else. Teachers and parents made excuses for me that I was "smart but lazy" so I developed a work ethic a bit later than most people.

At home, I mainly read, played guitar, and shitposted on Veeky Forums.

I sort of wish I had socialized more, because I'm not autistic, I can socialize effectively if I want to, but I just never want to. I could have probably come off as the artsy dude that alt-girls liked ("Wow! You play music and write poetry, ur so deep!") but that would be pretentious. Other people can't seem to communicate without ironic humor and over-the-top reactions. I always strive for sincerity in everything I do, so I couldn't really relate to them. I never want to change myself for other people.

I had and still have no gf but I had given up on that by the time I got to high school. Girls are a waste of time. It's not like I'm one of those psueds that want someone they can have "intellectual conversations" with. I just never wanted to lose myself to the demands of a girlfriend, and nobody liked me anyway.

I never really gave a shit what others thought of me. I had a very rich internal world, in the sense that I can sit in silence for hours on end and have something to think about. I had bouts of suicidal/psychotic behavior but therapy has made me semi-normal again.

I'm 20 now.

I was the class clown, I did anything for a laugh, often disrupted classes.
Was on good terms with almost everybody but not a close friend to anyone.
Fast forward now and my social skills have gone worse imo, I've got 2 decent friends but everywhere else in my life I'm lacking (school/love life/ having a vague idea where I want to be in 5 years).
I'm not sure what I want to do with my life now, I wish I could give someone else control of it, I'm not doing a very good job.
I'm 22 now btw

Then: Loner, sarcastic, goofy, bully, bullied
Now: Chill, witty, babe magnet, popular, sometimes bullied (;_;)

Went through a chubby phase around 12-ish, but most of the time was pale, tall and very skinny. People remember me as quiet mostly. Was literally silent around people who weren't in my friend group, at most saying single syllable replies to questions, often non-vocally shaking my head or nodding, so I didn't have to speak.

Around my friends (I had a fairly large group of them, maybe 7-8, guys and girls) I was much more outgoing, egregious; I like to think I was funny as well, but I don't really know. Also temperamental and confrontational. People who knew me then remember me as "opinionated", which is a nice way of saying I was a confrontational asshole, who would start a fight over anything, often professing opinions that I didn't actually have just to get into an argument with someone, to get my nose bloodied so to speak. Maybe I thought of myself as a Socrates type; I certainly had a (unfounded) superiority complex when it came to my (often fake) opinions. But people generally liked me I think.

Outside of my friend group I had very little confidence. Girls sometimes asked me out but I always turned them down, often a little aggressively because I thought they were just messing with me. I was pretty solipsistic and self-centred in high school anyway, so part of me's glad I never got involved with any girls.

There was one girl, who was in my friend group, with whom I had a definite connection. All my friends and her friends encouraged us to go out, but I was reading Fear and Trembling at the time and idealized Kierkegaard's relationship with Regine Olsen, so I never made any move to formalize our relationship, and eventually got colder and colder around her till she gave up. She got a boyfriend pretty soon afterwards, and I felt like an idiot for fucking it up for myself, all because I misinterpreted Kierkegaard and wanted to be a knight of faith.

She ended up being kind of troubled anyway and I’m not really good at providing for people, so maybe it’s for the best.

Oh, and I also got really really embarrassingly obsessed with MBTI tests and spent most of my time, up till I was about sixteen trying to become the perfect INFP. Still cringe thinking about it desu.

I wasn't an autist but my social skills were laughable, way worse than your average /r9k/ frog. I was stuck in the innocent age, I didn't even know what insecurity was. Another victim of helicopter parents
Graduated as a kissless virgin with no friends. I slouched and stuttered too.

A few months after hs, I managed to catch up in a very short time. I learned the basics of human communication with internet friends. Even got a internet girlfriend on a mmorpg (i was and still am the best player of that game), i got the first i love you from her mouth. I fucked up incredibly much. But I am good looking so just by improving my social skills I made gigantic gains.
Now people can't tell me apart from normalfags, but there's something in me left unchanged, the scar. I have a gf that worships me, I'm making good money at 22, but the memories will always be there.

>Now people can't tell me apart from normalfags, but there's something in me left unchanged, the scar
holy shit this.
Sometimes I feel like some of us who ended up here were marked out from birth to be this way. And that it'll always be the same, no matter what we change.

City of G̶o̶d̶ Moot

Straight A student but always tried to downplay it by pulling stupid shit... it worked to a certain extent I guess cause my friend group was chill and popular. I also went through all my phases pretty quick so by year 9 I was a qualified normie staring at everyone still being emo/hyper-sporty/awkward

Oh fuck I did the same thing for INTJ

I actually felt superior because of that shit. So fucking dumb.

I was ridden with acne which made me hideous and a total shut in. I waited ten years to get accutane and I have all the scars possible now. And still light acne

God I know.

I actually made difficult decisions based on what was the most "INFP" thing to do. I only listened to "INFP" musicians (Bright Eyes and NMH) and watched "INFP" films (Charlie Kaufman and Terrence Malick).

Weirdly enough, it's kinda what got me into literature, since a lot of the people on the famous INFP webpage were writers etc. That's how I discovered people like Kierkegaard, Kafka, Tolstoy and Camus, as well as Romantic poetry. So at least something good came out of it.

I actually read books so people thought I was smart. To make people laugh I ironically became a a /pol/tard.

Now I do the same thing but have faked being confident for long enough that it comes naturally.

Same here, I tried to blow off school because "the system is wrong durr" but I actually liked learning. Seconding your advice as well.

Anons, if you are smart there is no reason you should have poor grades. They may not have as much to do with intelligence as some would have you think, but keeping good grades will teach you other skills like time management and organization, which can get you just as far in life as being smart. Took me four years after highschool to finally figure this out, and now I have to take classes with baby lads and lasses who can't even drink yet.

Except for the 'Girls are a waste of time' part, you sound like me.
I guess we're in the same boat.
I'm also a 22 year old who's on the verge of figuring out the issues I've had with my past three college years and the bad decisions I made back then. Nowadays I'm mostly hopeful towards my future goals, fragile, but hopeful.

Both of you are going to work it out sooner or later, at least I hope so. Don't overthink things that could lead your fundamental goals on sidetracks, whatever they may be, and definitely don't give up on them yet.