Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

I'll pay somebody $5-$10 dollars via Paypal if they can help communicate how my tortilla chip warmer invention could work, in detail:

docs.google.com/document/d/14cT4ORjnItAb7gNHMZXX9oiFGrOkuOjKGdbkcc_PAP8/edit?usp=sharing

>
The device would be an upright tube with a heated bottom. The consumer would open the lid, pour the chips inside, and press a single on/off button to activate underneath heated coils as well as a fan underneath them. The fan would blow wind underneath the heated coils, in turn blowing hot hair to warm the chips atop. Once the set heat temperature is reached, the temperature will drop to a very subtle low-baking temperature - this will allow the consumer to leisurely pick up the chips at a relaxed pace, rather than immediately grabbing them upon being heated.

It won't fit in, it's too big. No one will buy this.

Le Ideas Mane

What?

I have a lot of ideas, yeah. But this idea would be a phenomenal success in America

i was just thinking about how I would buy one if it cost less than 25 dollars

Yup. Less than $30 would be that sweet spot where people would think 'well I just got paid the other day, fuck it'. Ditto with buying it for your son or whoever the hell else.

Easily could sell a million plus copies.

Only thing, is that when I get my patent it needs to pretty much be finalized, as if I make any changes post-patent it actually nullifies it.

I'm off to steal this idea and patent it for myself

sucker

>implying the Chinese wouldn't knock it off as soon as units went into production

patents are useless

Looks like a nuclear reactor

BTW, ask /diy/

Something wrong with using the microwave? I'm not a taco so I don't eat a lot of these things, am I missing something?

>Glorified hairdryer

>warming up corn chips

who the fuck does this?

Nobody. Which is why the market is seismic

Why not just heat them up in an oven?

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, this sounds like the kind of product the market is just screaming to have sold via infomercial at 3am

with the right marketing, this could be gigantic with middle America

Because it's cumbersome, which is why nobody does it.

So, anybody interested in helping me out?

[email protected]

> single purpose kitchen appliance

Doesn't matter if they'll never use it again, I'll get the money either way

well good luck with your vertical toaster oven i guess.

Lmao. These already exist. No one buys them. Same effect is achieved by placing a bowl of chips over boiling water. That's how it's done in restaurants. Sorry breh

What are called 'air fryers' exist, and they usually retail for over a hundred dollars. Furthermore, nobody would know how long to heat them up.

My device would retail for under $30, and is programmed to heat until pa perfected temp via a set thermostat

It'd dry them out real quick, but that may not be a problem. Also you'd get chip crumbs in the internals and it would smoke

Also why do you people want hot chips?

Look if I want my tortilla chips heated I can put as many as I want in the oven. Its as simple as turning on the oven, setting the temp and then putting the chips in a casserole dish.

i dont see the benefits of using this over a heat lamp.

That also takes a lot longer - first you have to turn on the oven, and wait for it to heat up to the desired temperature, then you have to put the chips in, and wait for them to heat up; meanwhile, you have little means of measuring or regulating the oven's temperature the entire time.

Would a tortilla chip warmer even be in high demand?

>tortilla chip warmer
>not just heating your cheese instead

Thanks for the idea, I just made sure to patent it for myself :)

It's leading a horse to water bro

100% of the people who go to Mexican restaurants love the heated tortilla chips that are served as an appetizer, you know.

Indeed, it's hard to go back to regular bagged tortilla chips after that

Right, but you don't. And seemingly nobody else does either.

The guesswork and work it does isn't worth it - where my dedicated tortilla chip warmer for under $30 would

No it doesn't. You can put them into the oven immediately, exactly the same as what your "invention" would do.

>you have little means of measuring or regulating the oven's temperature the entire time.
Modern ovens tell you the temperature, and you don't even need to know since you set it to warm up to a certain temp.

Wrong, I do. I make nachos all the time in my mini convection oven and my regular oven. Your "invention" is just a less useful convection oven. It's literally pointless and disadvantageous.

Holy shit I was JUST thinking about you man, I was about to go make a thread on Veeky Forums and be all like did the chip warmer guy ever get his product off the ground? But here you are still asking about this thing like what 3 years later now? 2 years.

don't you make this thread every month or two?