Besides the recent trans stuff, what do you think of this man?

Besides the recent trans stuff, what do you think of this man?

Pretty brilliant lectures. His relation of religion to psychology is beautiful. Staunch af

atheists, ((rationalists)), post-modernists BTFO Jung is in da house

i wish he was my dad

This desu

He's brilliant and what he's saying is really important.

all these apply too.

>tfw Jordan will never tell bed stories like Pinocchio to me

nothing Joseph Campbell and Jung didn't say though

his best lecture was one he just did on psychopathology and it didn't involve a lot of woo

this is the best example of his phenomena; a bunch of disillusioned millennials going to the internet for guidance and finding a bunch of youtube videos talking about shadows and shamens and knights and stuff; I'm not exempt

He is channeling the swing of the pendulum on both psychology and sociology. I love how he is pretty much kek incarnate at this point.

It's really weird. I watched one of his lectures a bit more than a year ago and thought it was really good and original stuff. He also has a half decent understanding of Nietzsche.

Then this trans stuff started happening and I can't tell if he's being paid to shill. Not that he is wrong about all of his critiques, to some extent they have merit, but a good portion of his views are completely nonsensical - like that there is a radical left cabal trying to shape student opinion, when post-modernism is hyper liberalism and exists only to dilute the left. The problem is he doesn't understand anything about politics and history, and contemporary psychology tends to fall back into the trappings of a reactionary discourse. I do appreciate his demeanor though.

He is an expert on totalitarianism but he doesnt know anything about politics or history.
Go back to tumblr you pangender commie.

>expert on totalitarianism

Based on what, he read 1984?
Get out of here

If anything he's at least modernized Jung's theories along with the discoveries in neuroscience.

and yeah, disillusioned millennials is the right phrase, they're fucking millennials! They need some traditional god damn stoicism and be freed from the pathological coddling of society. It's not like he's propagandizing or some shit, just promoting people to go out and read and form their own individual self and stop listening to ideologues that hunt for your attention. Also giving away his selfauthoring program for free. He's no saint but his actions do look honest and genuine to me

>+40 yrs of academic study
>only read 1984

top kek, go look up his reading list on his blog to get a taste

>woo

Hes read gulag archipelago which is about 800 pages longer than the longest book youve ever read you leftist scum. Not to mention the whole Maps of meaning course he has on YouTube for you to see where he spontaneusly derrails from the topic because he knows too much stuff and cant help himself but ranting about them. Stop smoking weed and get with reality you bitch, the pronouns fiasco is going down harder than Berlins wall.

yeah I thought he was a nut job too. probably gonna lose his job lmao

Link me one (one) discussion of these flavour of the month meme before trannys shouted at him on youtube.

From any board

One thread

>He also has a half decent understanding of Nietzsche.

You must be a Nietzsche's laureate scholar.

>Hes read gulag archipelago

Ooh hoo so he read two whole novels. Very impressive qualification

>Based on what, he read 1984?
Youve clearly never seen any of his lectures. He knows a great deal of detail about history, especially the 20th century. He doesnt mention 1984 ever, he mostly talks about Solzhenitsyn and dostoevsky as far as literature gos

>peterson gets 200 letters from his colleagues trying to get him to resign for saying gender isnt a social construct
>implying post modernism isnt invading acadmeia

>Youve clearly never seen any of his lectures.

No, which means I'm obviously more qualified to dismiss him than you

>not knowing the full extent of what someone has to say makes you qualified to dismiss them
Wow thats fucking stupid. At least try to have a basic understading before dismissing him

Yes but it also implies you're a /pol/tard which is effectively a permanent dunce cap

What? Peterson is center left you stupid fuck

He outright despises postmodernism much because of its critique on categorization and power-structures. most of the debunking is via (evolutionary) psychoanalysis.

Regarding politics I think he honestly doesn't give much shits, he's expressed himself as classical liberal. I've barely heard him talk about economics except from a psychological perspective, it's mostly just about ideologies and psychology.

>doesn't understand history

since he mostly discusses 20th century I assume you mean just that, so you'd need to specify. farther beyond than that he barely discusses history per se, it's more religion, mythology and evolution.