Is showering daily bad for your health?

Looking for a non-meme answer

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_reference_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depend

>Is showering daily bad for your health?
The question should be: is stripping grease and bacteria from your skin with aggressive chemicals good for your health?

I try not to use shampoo often.
I do not use antiperspirants.
I carefully wash my armpits with hand soap though.
I don't use shaving foam, I shave after a shower.

I don't stink and I don't look dirty.

Why do we shower? Why do people say to shower everyday? Why do you use soap to wash your body? Why do you use shampoo?

Is shampoo and soap necessary?

>shower each day
>scampoo only monday and friday
>soap on monday, wednesday, and friday
>scalp is a fucking snowstorm
>perfect skin in any other area
What do I do wrong? Dandruff schampoos have literally never helped me, even after a month of consecutive usage.

Get t-gel shampoo by neutrogena (its the best one). The ingredient you're looking for is charcoal. If you have dandruff, and it's not helped by regular old head and shoulders, you might have seborrheic dermatitis, psoirasis, or an allergy to your shampoo. Tgel shampoo will work for any of those, however.

You should really be using soap in your armpits and groin/butt everyday, though. I guarantee you smell and just no one is telling you. If you're only using soap on Monday, Wednesday and Friday that means you have a shitty/smelly ass on the days in between and trust, it's noticeable to everyone else. You may argue that humans didn't evolve using soap, but the smell of someone who doesn't use soap is different than the smell of someone who sometimes uses soap. The former smells musky, and the latter smells like shit. Hygiene standards (that is, soapy water on pits, groin and feet everyday ) exist because in modern society we are in close proximity to others, not because our bodies need it.

Sorry, the ingredient is tar, not charcoal. Tsal is charcoal. You could also try that

well my dad showred everyday and hes dead now

>Humans didnt evolve to be in social proximity.

lies. You ll only smell like shit if you dont wipe properly.

Also provided your diet is low carb, high fat, moderate protein, rich in nutrients, you re drinking enough water, you work out, live a stress free and balanced life, even the sweat smell you emit should be attractive to the opposite gender.

Daily use of soap meme is pushed by soap companies the same way pharmacheuticals companies push drugs for everyday discomforts ands docs prescribe antibiotics for simple flus.

Enjoy getting memed user.

I went like two years without shampooing at all and saw no difference really, it's good especially if you keep your hair really short

Is eutrogea available outside of America? I live on the superior landmass, and I have never seen anything of its like.

Humans most certainly did not evolve to be working in a 400sqft office space/classroom with 15 other people.

Wiping will not stop you from smelling after a few hours. It's impossible to get all the fecal material off, especially if you have hair, with just paper. You need to use soapy water.

Humans also don't put out pheromones, you fucking smelly neckbeard. Sweat is odorless until it comes into contact with the bacteria on your skin, which then feast on it and release sulfur-containing byproducts, which do, in fact, smell like shit. If you're not showering at all, youll have enough "good" bacteria that your overall aroma will just be musk, but if you're using soap semi regularly it's just shit. Also, showering with hot water everyday without soap is enough to dry out your skin and incur all the negative effects without any of the positives you get from using soap (like not smelling)

Enjoy your shit aroma, though, user. Hey, have you ever noticed people discreetly clear out when you come around? Kek

Look for medicated shampoo with 1-4% tar, preferably 1%, as 4% will be quite rough. Put it into your hair while it's still dry and let it sit for 5 minutes before lathering with water and rinsing. Do that as your normal shampoo routine every other day or every 3 days.

*Neutrogena
Anyways, I literally spray water up my ass for two minutes a day. I'd eat out of my fucking ass if I could. It's cleaner than my apartment. Though just washing with water doesn't make you smell good, it makes you smell neutral.

Why would it be?
It's literally just water on your skin
You aren't being retarded and eating the soap bars, right?
You do know you wash your hands atleast 3 times a day with a soapbar or other soapy means.
Are your hands a-okay?
Great, then nothing can happen to your whole body.
I would trust some brande name company that is a billionare to make hair soap. They want us to use it everyday so we finish it faster and thus buy more, I couldn't care less if it was secretly tested on animals. it werks.
Jesus Christ help me

Take a shower once a day minimum. You smell bad. Yes, you.

Yes it is, your skin needs the oils in it to heal, and clean itself. Showering 2-3x a week is optimal

I use this black people shampoo. Its super powerful because its meant to penetrate lots of curls and get to the scalp. Find one that works for you

And here we have a textbook example of ORS, although the sense of superiority derived from realizing that he smells is a new angle:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_reference_syndrome

Please, tell me about your childhood.

if you shower twice per weak you will not stink much after weak of not shower.
if you shower evryday once or twice(like the guy from academic i used to know) you will stink like shit and old people after 3 days without shower
its all about a level witch your skin cells die and reproduce ... more on google

I had that snowstorm, too, but then I started using shampoos made out of tar. Nowadays my scalp only itches when I haven't taken a shower in a week, and this goes away after washing with that stuff.

i sweat excessively and i get swamp ass whenever i shit

showering daily is a must

ive noticed differences from when i shower daily w soap, or shower with soap/shampoo every other day and rinse out the next

outright skipping bathing sucks but i live in humid houston tx so guess it depends. also i dont workout or anything

i bought some expensive shampoos and soaps (bars) so i shampoo + conditioner everyday and soap as well

>use axe shower gel for my asshole and dick head since they cover up oders better

3 2 1 a dayt rule
3 hrs sleep
2 meals
1 shower

I only shower once a week unless I'm doing manual labour. If you aren't sweating your ass off you don't really need to shower.

Wet wipes are awesome for keeping your bum and nutsack fresh.

Bad genetics, bad hygiene or bad shampoo.
A while ago I bought some cheap shampoo from a grocery store because I was trying to save money. The result was a bad rash on my skin. I only buy shampoo from drug stores again since then.

>It's impossible to get all the fecal material off, especially if you have hair, with just paper.
Uh oh. Someone here doesn't shave his asshole and wet wipe! Everybody laugh at this brainlet who fails at life!

I once fell for the no-poo meme and regret it now
>be 16 and have long-ass hair about midback
>decide to try not using any shampoo or soap, just water, to try to make my hair healthier
>almost immediately turn into a greasy mess
>stick with it for a month out of stubbornness and it just gets worse
>try using apple cider vinegar and baking soda
>hair is a little less greasy and ratty but develop really bad dandruff
>stick with it for 2 months out of more stubbornness
>get so sick of it one day just shave all hair off
>switch to organic (aka just sulfate free) shampoo and body wash
>hair and skin immediately turn back to normal after a couple days

I generally skip a day of showering if I'm not going out, but purposefully showering any less than that is just a meme.

12 3 0.2 a day rule
neet life

Showering is a meme. Unless you sweat a lot (genes, exercise, both), there's no need to shower. Just wash your cock if you're uncut, because shit will get nasty fast down there. I'm talking from personal experience. I only shower because my hair looks bum-ish after several days of not showering.

>tfw have to wash my hair daily or else it turns into an oily dandruff-laden mess
And before anyone tells me that's because I wash my hair too often, I fell for the wash hair every X days meme before and guess what? My entire head was literally shining with sheen of grease, smelled like stale eggs, and itch like hell.

>not shaving your head to save 20 dollars a month on haircuts

wew brainlet

I'm so good I can trim the back of my neck without a mirror.

>not killing yourself to save 3 million dollars in your life time
Never gonna make it

Yes. It dries out your skin. Not just the soap, the water dries it out.

Errr user i dont think your suppose to be applying soap to glans

I shower once every two days. Daily is too often, it dries out my skin.

why not? it's literally no different from some soap getting on your head if you're cut.

Nigga, that was the most awkward post I've ever read. Is English your second language?

You definitely are. You must have a smelly ass cheese dick

Except when my hair was that long I didn't get a haircut for 3+ years. While you were wasting money on the electricity to run your shaver I was banking that extra 0.01 cents a month, brainlet

>two to intelligent to write good English
A brainlet like you wouldn't understand the struggle

This but i get in the shower like 4 times a week.
Water not to hot,liquid soap in my key areas never in my face though i do expoliate with just a rough loofah no soap or clenser or anything.I do shave with cream but you can make that from raw oils and plants but i use barbosol.

>Shower each day around 2 to 3 times
>Use shampoo & conditioner under the shower
>Super clean, never had acne trouble, no dandruff, smooth silky hair, smooth skin like a baby, superclean penis&balls and clean butt 24/7, you could literally lick it and not smell anything.

>Mfw user is shitting his life away with poopbacteria sticking on his arse, cum sticking in his balls and all sorts of bacteria on his dick and under his armpits
>Dont get me started on your skins filled with blackheads

Feels good to be cleaner than 99.99% of the population

I don't care lmao, I hate feeling dirty so I will do it regardless

No. For an average human who is using clean water to bathe themselves, showering daily is, most often, beneficial for your health.

>NO! It rips your skin of the oils it needs!!
Right, that one ~10 minute daily shower is going to strip your body of the oil it produces for the other 23 hours and 50 minutes. Give me a break, as many of us produce too much oil as is. Not bathing every day only opens your skin up to more infections and pimples (which are mainly caused by dead skin cells blocking the pore).

Yes, water does some-what dry out your skin; however, it helps your body shed dead skin along with the bacteria that is potentially living on it (think Staphylococcus, and yes you can treat this without bathing, but a good shower along with the proper hygiene products will cover more area in less time).

Many of you are blaming the water, but aren't focusing on what you're using on your body. Ditch your soap bar and/or body wash, and pick up some Cetaphil Antibacterial Soap and the Gentle Skin Cleanser. This is what dermatologists use, and you should probably use it to come back from not bathing every day. Showers should be quick and to the point, so the shorter the better. Shampoo and conditioner every other day / two days. The shampoo doesn't matter as much, just make sure to use a conservative amount. Use dandruff shampoo to clear up dry scalp. Finish off the shower by using a moisturizer with a sunblock on your face and exposed body parts.

Keep thinking that you not showering for days on end with the dirt, dead skin, overabundance of oil, and bacteria on your skin is beneficial for you.

>I don't stink
Okay buddy, maybe you live in an area where the temperatures allow for you not to sweat as much, but soap and water in the mornings will certainly not stop me from perspirating and giving off a funk.

There's natural antiperspirants out there. However, I generally agree with everything else you said.

>MFW I CAN NEVER HAVE A WARM SHOWER BECAUSE I RANDOMLY START SWEATING AND HAVE TO WASH THE SWEAT AWAY, SO I JUST HAVE A SUPER COLD SHOWER BECAUSE IF FEELS BETTER THAN A SEMI-HOT-COLD SHOWER

Lol enjoy sloughing off cells and healthy bacteria from your skin and developing Bavarian ass cancer brainlet. Keep paying the soap juden extravagant amounts of shekels though

Antibacterial soap is bad for you, desu. Everything else you said is accurate, but using an antibacterial soap everyday is not good.

holy shit is this b8

your hair probably looks like steel wool, all youre doing is stripping your body of its natural oils

anyone who actually works with hair knows that shampoo might as well be napalm, it destroys your hair and should be seen as a necessary evil

if youre showering 3 times a day you probably have some sort of mental disorder lol get yourself checked out m8

I take a shower daily because I live in a tropical region (Latin America).

>using an antibacterial soap everyday is not good.
Antibacterial soap is a meme. All soaps are antibacterial.

The ingredients added to "antibacterial" soap are used for things like killing bacteria on tissues too delicate for soap, or as a leave-on treatment or soak to continue killing bacteria for an extended time. They're only added to soap for marketing purposes.

Well I don't actually use the antibacterial soap by them, but I can subscribe to their soap-free cleanser along with a witch-hazel astringent and a moisturizer after the shower. My face looks fifty times better than it did whenever I'd take showers almost every other day, because of just being lazy.

If you ask anyone who models how they have a clear face, then they'll tell you that they exfoliate, cleanse, use an astringent, and cap it off with a moisturizer every day; they also make sure that none of it contains alcohol and/or soap as the main ingredient.

I think people are misconstruing the belief of not washing your hair often as being told to not bathe often. Most models and people growing out their hair bathe every day, but they'll sometimes not wash their hair until it gets unbearably dirty, and this is only done to keep split ends to a minimum.

I didn't notice no one mentioned exfoliation in the thread before this. It's extremely important for skin care, much more than the frequency of your showers or the decision to use soap.

I stopped sham-pooing (and showering) after becoming NEET after high school. I stopped using soap after I quit being a wageslave. I shower twice a day with just cold water. I only use soap on my hands before cooking. Maybe this is unnecessary.

>Looking for a non-meme answer

good luck, brother

>shower once/twice a month
>shampoo hair once/twice a month
>wash dick/ass daily so shit stains/pee stains/smells aren't an issue
Other than bit of oily skin/hair, its not too much of an issue.

Ofcourse body odor is naturally low, but in the company of others, I shower first before going to them.

>shower 2-3 times a week
>use anti dandruff shampoo
>my dandruff isn't gone
just fuck my shit up

>soap
>aggressive chemical

agreed...
Baby soap and shampoo use only...
shower twice a day...
Baby smooth skin and smell like a baby

>3 hours of sleep a day

enjoy your nervous breakdown

Scrub your fuckin head. I had bad dandruff and instead of getting anti-dandruff shampoo I just actually scrubbed my fucking head and poof no more dandruff.

>sloughing off cells and healthy bacteria
I think you meant dead skin flakes. Skin cells aren't going anywhere and neither are bacteria. Unless you scrub with iodine you are definitely not going to kill off all the bacteria on your skin. They are not going anywhere