What do you think of aquatic ape hypothesis?

what do you think of aquatic ape hypothesis?

i think it sounds pretty legit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-cqN1HPp3ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they are exaggerating it a bit

Fossil record doesn't really support it.

The picture is incomplete, where the fuck are the mermen?

sounds interesting, anything more on that fossil record?

doesnt make any sense considering how the fossil evidence points towards our ancestors being land dwelling

living/hunting at the coast line or river bank still had huge impact on sapiens evolution and spread

sounds great, but there is no proof

>evolved to be aquatic
>Blacks can't swim
What did nature mean by this?

Blacks can swim. They just tended to refrain from it historically in America because of the whole history with white people feeding their women and babies to alligators, keeping them in chains so they couldnt learn to swim, and the fact that after being freed, they still werent allowed in pools and pools cost money, so they would have been lucky to get their hands on a used inner city pool. They also didn't have to swim anywhere out of neccesity, so it's sort of become a lost trait culturally.

If you go to Africa, you can find black tribes wading water like it's nothing. Same thing in the Caribbean with their black people.

No evidence of it being true. It draws on adaptations from aquatic living features as being actual aquatic features. The flaw in this is that there is no evidence of humans ever living in such an aquatic environment, not in the fossil record or in any marine theater

Most data supports that humans and other primates branched off from each other around the time that wild grasslands and massive grass planes became prevalent. Hell, humans became even further specialized by making it a point to be around edible grasses, and eventually turning cereal grains into a dietary staple.

It's a nice hypothesis. But physiological features that would somewhat fit the hypothesis aren't enough to solidify the idea as a theory. You would need other secondary lines of evidence that support it, like fossil records.

>longer penis in response to deeper vagina
lewd

>Scalp hair for the floating infant to cling to
Ouch.

>Menstruation synchronised with tidal cycle
No.

>Low drinking capacity, low tolerance to dehydration
>high tolerance to salty taste since salt is everywhere in the sea.
But we can't drink salt water?

>this actually has to be explained to americans

baka

I prefer the stoned ape theory to be honest but I'm so hgih right now I am not sure if I should comment

your image made me think of vaginas and wet, shaved pussies and I got a boner fuck you man

Black here
I can swim
Where's your /pol/ now?

>If you go to Africa, you can find black tribes wading water like it's nothing. Same thing in the Caribbean with their black people.

black here,
i live in small island in Africa i learn to swim with 3 yold WHITE

>dark skin pigment blocks sunlight in tropical waters
Stopped reading here

youtu.be/-cqN1HPp3ww
Here's another argument for your retarded picture

We wuz watermen

White Americans refuse to learn anything that isn't about their own ethnicity in their country's history. They're actively in the process of toning down their history so it appears that America as always made the right decisions.

Not true, in my experience we were constantly told that the US had made numerous mistakes in its history during my education. We had lectures about the history of slavery, our various imperial ambitions with other countries in our sphere of influence, lessons about the red scares and in my case a lengthy and sobering look at the violence and madness of the Tulsa race riot. There was zero effort to make the US look like some peerless beacon of light.

It's literally created as a way for fat people to feel good about having "blubber"

It's pretty retarded.
If we consider hippo>otter>seal/cetacean as the scale of how the ancestors of the most evolved aquatic mammals moved, we would be among the first steps which would cause us a great disadvantage against pretty much every other mammal. Also as anyone who does swimming knows, paddling won't do shit in a race against a guy doing butterfly or croll. For obvious reasons, we cannot suppose that humans knew how to stroke in their origins.

On that issue the elbows and arms doesn't mean shit, as it was an ancestral character inherited from other apes that developed said feature as part of their tree climbing habits.

>Rare condition of webbed fingers
WOW it's almost like if a human is born with a RARE mutation in a certain gene that codes for gremlin protein gets webbed hands the same way it could happen on chickens (or ducks in the reverse process). HMMMMMMM

I could go on and on why this image and theory are bullshit, but the fact that they consider that a so unspecialized aquatic mammal such as the proposed human gives birth in water while otarids and otters still have to rely on earth is just pants on head retarded. Enough to make me consider why am I even replying to this.

All tetrapoda are descendants of fishes. This hypothesis is done by a nigger.

>protruding buttocks
if your theory is true, explain my pic