I am 20. I am a white male. I go to an average state school in America, where I major in English...

I am 20. I am a white male. I go to an average state school in America, where I major in English. I smoke weed every day, usually several times I say. I read the majority of what I'm assigned in class, and I also read for leisure. Every essay I have ever written for class has been written in a weed-induced stupor the night before it was due. I have never received below an A- on an essay for an English class. I'm a member of the university's English Honors Society and was just accepted into the Honors Program, under the advisory of some of my professors. I do not eat well and I drink heavily on the weekends. I have a gf and a lot of my time is devoted to worrying about our relationship.
What's wrong with me? What's right with me? Why do all of my professors think I have some natural talent for writing essays, when they're typically churned out in two hours and unedited?
Also, the honors program has me writing a 40-50 page thesis by the time I graduate and I think I'm about to get a rude awakening, that perhaps I am good at sounding smart but am really just a charismatic drug addict.
Did the system fail me in not being an accurate test of my skill? Do you guys wanna read one of my essays and tell me if it's trash?
Damn I don't even know why I'm doing this, you guys like Krasznahorkai?
>tl;dr Krasznahorkai thread
Reading Satantango right now and whoowee this guy knows how to make you identify with peasants.

Nice blog, faggot.

top kek

What an awful thread, but yes, Krasznahorkai doesn't get mentioned much on Veeky Forums because the board got overrun with people from r/books and /tv/, the Marxist Catholics fled to Veeky Forums and only the DFW posters were dumb enough to remain.

He's in the ranks of the most profound living novelists. Satantango your first novel by him? Melancholy of Resistance is incredible too, as is War and War, and each are extremely different than the previous book.

I didn't relate to the peasants at all; I thought they were all very wicked people. However, it is probably the most enjoyable novel I have read in years (same with Melancholy, but I read them back to back).

I really think he will become increasingly more recognized with history. Can't speak enough good things about him, honestly.

Damn, are you me?

>the old, I'm not a histrionic I'm just anxious so give me attention schtick

Kill yourself you pathetic huckster

Yeah I decided to start with Satantago when I saw him mentioned on here a few weeks back. I haven't finished it yet but I like the prose better than other stuff that I've read published around the same time.
Do you recommend the movie?

>Why do all of my professors think I have some natural talent for writing essays, when they're typically churned out in two hours and unedited?
Sounds like you answered your own question you fucking dipshit. Doing good in undergrad doesn't matter because undergrad isn't about serious academic work, it's to socialize retards like you into being normal.

that's what my schtick is? shit that isn't so bad.

I haven't seen it, or the Wreckmeister (sp?) Harmonies based off of Melancholy of Resistance. I haven't watched any of Bela Tarr's films.

I will eventually. It sounds like they bear only a loose semblance to the books, which I always thinks makes a better adaptation. I can't really see a good adaptation being made that is absolutely faithful to the books. In fact, I can't imagine a faithful adaptation of Satantango at all.

>socialize retards like you into being normal
What did he mean by this?

Yeah problem solved, now fuck off and blog elsewhere. Next time just make a thread about an author instead of using it as an excuse to feign emotion

Did you like the film adaptation of Naked Lunch (if you've seen it)?

But my schtick requires me to do both, sorry!

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

Is this pasta? If not, it will be

>its another "stoner thinks he knows what drug addiction is" episode
did DFW cause this?

I've never read any Krasznahorkai. You probably enjoy smoking and don't consider (the long term effects to be a big deal). It sounds like you have a decent life, if you're this smart while smoking imagine how well you could do (long term) if you stopped the bad habits and started studying and actually applying yourself...lol what I'm saying sounds like what i heard old people telling me growing up but its true I'm not even joking. (Smoking will mess w/ your ability to retain information) gl op

I read The Last Wolf a few days ago. Pretty great. Going to be reading Herman later today. I very much like the guy, though I think Bernhard did the single paragraph style better.

is this pasta? if not it should be

is this pasta? if not, it will be

Sup fags I finished Herman 1 & 2. What to read next?

dude send me an essay i wanna read.