Haven't really been into Star Wars since Disney uncanonized everything...

Haven't really been into Star Wars since Disney uncanonized everything. I finally watched pic related and had no clue what the fuck was going on.

What are some of the new Disney-canon books that fill in the backstory for the new films?

my diary desu

fuck off

>I like reading books that are about things that aren't real, but not books about things are are not real but don't have the endorsement of some group as being officially not real!
Why does something have to be cannon for you to enjoy it? Goodness know you aren't getting anything more than that out of that genre shit. I remember reading some of the Yuzhan Vong novels when I was 9.

The two best EU series are the Thrawn and Darth Bane trilogies. The new movie ignores them though and plays off of the film trilogy exclusively. I still recommend those books though.

That's not very stoic of you friend :^)

Hmmm???

Bane is canon.

You sound incredibly salty. Did Disney uncanonize your favorite book, and you can't accept it?

>salty

I wish people would leave that word on reddit where it belongs

All Star Wars books are trash

Watch the movies and then play KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2

>he never read the Thrawn trilogy or Plagues

Those were legit literature.

Bane?

>cannon

The Bane trilogy was written by the same author as KOTOR.

This

People who read and care about star wars books are one of the lowest tiers on the nerd totem pole. Lower even than weeaboos, but at least they are still above sonic autists.

You had no clue what was going on? What was confusing?

>had no clue what the fuck was going on.
I am forced to bring into question your mental capabilities.

>Plagueis
Is it really that good ?
Will I enjoy it if I hated the whole "dude midichlorians lmao" stuff in the prequels ?

What we are seeing is a schism in the Star Wars Canon. The original Prophet has died (spiritually) and Disney, the new caretakers of the church, have produced a heretical holy text. Some still cling on to the extended universe books, the large and fragmentary collection of stories that told of what happened before, after and between the original movies.

The Heretical Disney Doctrine is threatening a purge of all the old holy books, not re-issuing them and denying their existence.

Stars Wars is not new to censorship and revision of course. The Founding Father himself has edited much of the original canon and destroyed all known copies of the original 3 films, which brings us to the Holy Grail: an unedited copy of the original theatrical release that is sitting in a dusty attic somewhere. One can hope.

>Doesn't know KOTOR and Bane were written by Drew Magikarpshyn
zozzle wozzle

Yep. They explain away Midiclorians and make them insignificant again. Basically Midiclorians are just organisms attracted to the force, not force givers.

>I can't read it if its not canon
my life changed the moment I realized its futile to care about such things, especially when their omission actually helps the work be better

>I prefer fanfiction to source material

Fuck off

if its well-written then why not? and I wasn't preferring to fanfiction but rather serializations (think Flemming) which follow a loose canon but don't go out of their way to (not) retcon events

I've never actually followed fanfic before anyways

Let me help you out here
Star Wars is not Veeky Forums
IF YOUR IQ IS TOO LOW TO READ PROPER BOOKS, GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD

sorry, *referring not preferring