Thoughts on the Redwall series? This () had me rolling

Thoughts on the Redwall series? This (somethingawful.com/news/bargain-book-bin-3/) had me rolling
>Yes, critics called your last Redwall novel "daring and Pynchon-esque," but were these critics aware that this book was merely a random assembly of unrelated chapters from previous Redwall novels?

I like the way the moles talk.

I liked Redwall when I was 10, I remember it being pretty good

God-tier kids books

This. They are the ultimate kids' books, which is pretty neat because that's precisely what Jacques intended them to be. He literally wrote the first one because he was tired of shitty kids' books that his children/grandchildren kept showing him.

I keep meaning to read at least the first book because I didn't really read much as a kind and kind of regret never getting around to this series.

I picked up Lord Brocktree recently and was bored to tears, stick with the almighty Chronicles of Narnia

I really liked it when I was a kid and honestly haven't thought about this series for 15 years until I saw your thread today.

I owned like 5 books in the series and read them cover to cover but can't really remember anything. I was really into the lore of the world and enjoyed looking up maps of it online.

lmfao at the article.

anyways redwall was great. one of the few things i read as a kid that ill encourage my children (if i have any) to read. I really liked the otters.

great author

When I was about 11, I was obsessed with Jacques' RedWall novels. Legend of Luke was the last book I read though, because I started reading Harry Potter.

The pinnacle of novels for the young, and the pinnacle of genre fiction.

Redwall is AWESOME.

I read lots of Jacques books when I was a kid.

You guys had plebby childhoods.

Then again I read Eragon and Belgariad.

belgariad is legit entertaining

Pleb.

I read them all and you're a pleb.

was the Malloreon patrish tho?

>redwall-martin the warrior
god tier
>the bellmaker-the long patrol
pretty good tier
>marlfox-rakkety-tam
you're repeating yourself tier
>high rhulian-the rogue crew
didn't read tier

i dont remember any of them very specifically but i think pearls of lutra was one of my faves.

maybe im thinking of taggerung though

I was reading Redwall when literally every kid around me was reading the first harry potter book.

I read Marlfox 15 times throughout my childhood.

It was my absolute most favorite book series as a child. The fighting, the violence, the food, the songs, the cozy abbey and the fun adventures.

I have only a single beef with the author, and that is his reasons for making the "vermin" species permanent villains.

Fuck you Jaques (rip) you could have made at lease ONE fox a good guy.

>I read Marlfox 15 times throughout my childhood.
that was the only one i owned
only read it once though. bought it at the bookfair cause it was the only one the library didnt have.

i know all the accents were based on parts of england, but what were the moles based on?

The quality definitely waned as time went on, but these books helped me get into reading in middle/elementary school.

The best of the series were:

Redwall
Mossflower
Mattimeo
Salamandastron (dat mountain fortress battle)
Long Patrol (dat rabbit charge)
Jacques was great at describing food.