What is the most reddit book ever written?

What is the most reddit book ever written?

It's pic related right?

your diary, desu

Nah, Ready Player One has 300% more lolsoquirky pop culture references

Hitchhiker's is a book reddit likes
is a book specifically designed for reddit

I think someone actually made a book full of reddit posts. My memory is too vague to recall the name or anything though

For how much Veeky Forums supposed 'hates' Reddit, it sure gets talked about a lot.

Kinda reminds me of the boy in school who picks on the girl that they secretly have a huge crush on.

no one here actually can read books, we just read reddit posts and insult them

The Martian

He doesn't love you, you're just ugly

But the martian wasn't THAT eh, it helped that it had some useful information embedded into the writing.
Ready Player One on the other hand really embodies Reddit, especially with all the muh evil corporations.

I thought H2G2 was written that way and not because it was an aspie.

It's no masterpiece by far, but it will always hold a special place in my heart, because my Dad loved that book and read it to me as a kid.

To be perfectly honest, family, I don't see why the Hitchhiker's Guide is considered such a leddit book. I see it as more of a classic Veeky Forums culture in book form. Most of that culture isn't here anymore and has moved off to other sites, but the general idea that everyone takes the world too seriously and we're just here to have a few lulz and a generally good time is far from being a reddit type of thing.
Reddit likes the book because it makes a farce of the Universe, which they view as being source material for lots and lots of inside jokes, when that's really not what it's about at all. All of the unreal things placed into the book are a way of saying that people just need to chill the fuck out because it's not that important in the first place.
Hell, even the CORE mystery of the entire series (the search for ultimate knowledge) is a farce in that it's completely meaningless. This is FAR from reddit's view that everything must be taken so seriously. We're just here to have a good time.

One of my favourite book series. I'm not really interested in what's "reddit" or not, tbqh

You have to go back

Was raised on Sheckley.
When I picked up "The Hitchhiker's Guide", I expected to be like Sheckley but better, considering the cult status.
Was seriously underwhelmed.

It's mostly the style of humor that gets it labelled as reddit-tier. The lolsorandumb style was more of a unique thing back then, and for a while it legitimately did match up with Veeky Forums fairly well, but it aged poorly because that sort of humor has been overplayed since it was published. Reddit's tendency to endlessly quote lines of things they like for any situation also contributes to killing it.
I loved Hitchhiker's Guide when I was 13 and shitposting on /b/. I've reread parts of it and it just doesn't hold up compared to anything I read now.

Guys honestly this obsession with reddit is stupid. Complaining about reddit is a reddit thing to do. You've become what you hate.

lol your dad was a fucking redditor

No u

haha, how can autism be used as an insult? Only an ignorant cunt would use autism as an insult. (And there's nothing I hate more than ignorance)

Autism is a gift in my case, I have an IQ of over 150 which makes me technically a genius thanks to my autism. I've been going through school all my life being bored out of my fucking brains getting at least 95% on all my tests (and all the incorrect answers were silly mistakes) because I'm just too fucking smart for school I can't wait for everyone else to learn something I already knew within the first day or too of being taught it. Every year I scored the best of my year on these stupid multiple choice tests we do and the headmaster came to my class to tell me that, which obviously resulted in being called a 'nerd' which is true but I shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

I recently became home educated so I could learn at my own pace and I'm getting my GCSEs done in 1/4 of the time everyone else has to do it in, I'm also doing more than double the average amount of GCSEs that usually would be done.

I used to get paid $30 an hour working online, which is more than the teaching assistants at my old school earned, it was so fun pointing that out to them.

So, in conclusion, calling someone autistic is not an insult, in my case, it makes me highly gifted.

One more thing, I don't know if this has anything to do with my autism but I am a sociopath so I'm not hindered by irrational emotions like guilt, compassion, empathy etc.

haha, the most satisfying this is to know that you will all see this as a waste of a natural gift that I am undeserving hahaha, that brings me great satisfaction.

I'm practically perfect, let the jealousy flow through you.

Does reddit have threads about the most Veeky Forums book ever written or is this perverse obsession with the other limited to us?

Reddit doesn't think about us at all outside of posting lolsoquirky screencaps of weird /r9k/ threads and old /b/ raids.

>But the martian wasn't THAT eh
>eh
I looked directly at the reddit and it hurts.

The Martian is very reddit and was written with a lot of feedback from reddit. On all levels it's shit.

>I thought H2G2 was written that way and not because it was an aspie.
Oh and H2G2 was a cash in on a radio series for the most part. I quite enjoy Dirk Gently in some respects, it does have some subtle references, but Douglas Adams was not a writer who ever took care over his craft.

>get outta mah sekrit club for srs sekrit club bsns

Maybe you should go back to /mu/ if you actually care about what is or isn't "reddit"

here's your (You), man. you wrote such a lengthy post, you deserve at least one.

Reddit is a bummer because the up vote down vote system rewards same thinking and mediocrity. I do go there anyway because some of the smaller boards provide resources it would be hard to find elsewhere. I don't think I'm a minority but rather that most of us pretend to not use Reddit. How else would anyone have an understanding of board culture there.

I feel you. Hitchhiker's Guide values thinking against the grain which is very fnordchan but it has a cult following that loves to be an in-group which is the epitome of Reddit.

It was obvious copy pasta.

confederacy of dunces.

Lol

Second post best post

Never thought I would read a book that so perfectly captured the feeling of having an annoying friend who won't stop sending you stale memes that they just discovered over Facebook.

Why do you assholes care so much about reddit? Did you also check the grades of students with Down's syndrome in your school?

This. Redditors claim they'll 'fight to the death for your right to say things they disagree with.' But they will downvote if you break a circle jerk. I actually found out recently that most boards will autohide posts from people with too low comment karma so I've been effectivly silence from reddit for not adhering to their hivemind.

>Sheckley
mah nigga

I chuckled

the communist mainfesto

This book seriously made me consider suicide, it was so fucking awful

Hitchhikers wasn't bad. STFU
It was kinda funny, and it was interesting

maybe that's why someone keeps making Reddit threads, he just want their attention.

Hola reddito

certain things are "reddit Tier" because they are made post-reddit and exemplify it or are made for reddit. You cant just say something is a "meme" or "reddit" holy fucking shit mountains Veeky Forums get a fucking vocabulary.

Reddit likes it but it's not reddit tbqh

The Martian was the most reddit thing ever written, produced, filmed, whatever. Cancer incarnate. Worst book I've ever read and worst movie I've ever seen. One horrible leddit joke after another

You have to go back
Yes, do you actually need to be reminded of the time the Veeky Forums top 100 chart made it to their front page?

Yeah, and?
>Hurr durr ur narcissistic ego is bad because it hurts my reddit pleb feefees

Don't see how Hitchhiker's Guide evokes reddit. It seems like you'd have to know they like this book to think that. The Dark Tower would also be a good answer.

My answer is Paulo Coehlo's The Alchemist, read with the mindset of disproving its message, and then giving that as an answer in a Veeky Forums thread about what the most reddit book ever written is.

Frankly this lowkey reddit bashing is making Veeky Forums look bad. Seriously, are you guys /r9k/ or something? I mean, sure, reddit has people who don't read books for
>a e s t h e t i c s
but what's the point of being jealous of them? You derive satisfaction from knowing that you read more? Most of your favourite authors did a lot more than just read.

>Seriously, are you guys /r9k/ or something?
Reddit bashing is a proud Veeky Forums tradition. It just produces and then venerates such trash it's unreal.

>Don't see how Hitchhiker's Guide evokes reddit.
The standard response here for many years was it's a great radio production, but a shit book. For many people it's the closest thing they read to philosophy too, and using it as a clever reference in that respect is reddit af.

I don't think there was ever a consensus on the later books that came first, but they made so many inter media references it's a bit of a pain. Adams' writing also suffered from his literally hiding from his publishers when deadlines loomed by taking insanely long baths then writing everything beyond last minute. It's not great prose. Even fans of the work make the criticism it goes a bit Doctor Who at that point too.

trips of truth.

hypersphere

Adams was supposed to write for Doctor Who, possibly even did. That's where a lot of the material for Dirk Gently was reused from.

cuck

I realize some of you are a bit slow so I'll be patient. Yeah he did write for Doctor Who, and yeah that's why a lot of fans make that comparison for his writing. It's felt that later, when he had several deadlines to fill, the style of each sort of bled into one another. So you get really weird whacky Doctor Who episodes and less than stellar prose and plotting in the HHG novels. It's not something out of nowhere.

It's a shame he died so early too, he had some great ideas. He even invented wikipedia before wikipedia btw, I forget what it's called but I think the very old BBC funded proto wiki is still up and running.

How to make a normie/redditor understand the shortcomings of these books their praise? When made self-aware of their own culture do they simply accept it or not even understand the problem?

That was published by Veeky Forums you godless newfag

Bump