Ok Veeky Forums

ok Veeky Forums

is this place left or right wing?

Both. Also neither.

There are a variety of opinions and if you're attempting to change that please fuck off. Proselytising is fucking gay.

Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

Contrarian

Gundam Wing

I'm a person, not a bird.

Birds are people you sexist.

This is the most refreshingly left wing board on the site aside from assumedly /lgbt/

We still have a few right wing nutcases, though

Chicken wing.

Fuck you, social justice bird.

Left. The official position of this board is Hegelian-Lacanian Marxism.

It was a lot more left wing back in 2014.

It's still more left than most other boards in here though.

Left leaning. Literature is a part of the liberal arts after all. It attracts that sort of crowd. Any post with a right leaning undertone is then referred to /pol/ in the follow up response(s).

Literally who cares, fuck off with your epic board based political wars.

True lit is right tho. Shitty faggy fanfiction is leftist, sure.

>this post
>these trips

I'm from pol, they said you were left wing so I was just checking

Left, no matter how many /pol/tards say otherwise

High level delusions at work here.

All political opinions you'll find here don't fit the spectrum, they're just cancer.

Nearly every revered author, filmmaker, or general artist is a leftist.

There are very few exceptions. Mishima is the only I can even think of right now.

you would never say that to my face bud lol i'd fuck you up real quick

Right wing.

Literature is about tradition ; it is about the great works of great individuals who shine light in the night of the worlds. It is not about making the condition of inferior beings somewhat better. Literature does not exist to please the mediocre. The leftist here is in foreign territory.

The Sci-Fi and Fantasy threads might be left wing, but they don't belong here.

left and right are names for groups of positions and general ideologies. Veeky Forums lacks positions and ideologies other than disdain for plebs. believing in things makes you and your own position vulnerable.

legbutt here. hate /pol/ but it's hard to deny they've had a presence on /lgbt/ for years.

right because I said so

Threads go
left
left
left
pol
left
left
pol
left
left

I'd say the majority of anons here are left-leaning. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't right-leaning anons.

we're left-wing in the sense that saying "fuck off back to /pol/ you retarded faggot" automatically makes you "left-wing"

Do trips confirm?

Seriously though, fuck off. There are plenty of different opinions here that are refreshingly nuanced compared to spammed conspiracies and misinterpeted statistics on /pol/

right wing, notice how right wing threads get lots of replies and a few dumb leftys screaming go back to /pol/ (not an argument)

the lefty threads always get trashed by the natural aristrocracy of the right wing until the leftys start spamming "go back to /pol/" (not an argument)

this is the most retarded thing i've ever heard

filtered

I don't notice any threads like that because this is a literature board

>Treating an archaic Left-Right dictotomy with anything other than derision

In literature? Lol
The best sci fi is Catholic.

Underrated kek

Stay mediocre if you will. I'm here to appeal to the higher functions of mankind, and if you don't partake in such functions, enjoy your Avengers and similar left-wing media.

The left wants bread and circus equally distributed amongst a pack of beasts ; it doesn't realize that it fundamentally has the same goals as capitalism. The right wants more, and higher.

>Literature is about tradition
Absolutely false, especially in the modern era.

> it is about the great works of great individuals who shine light in the night of the worlds.
"Literature" can be about a great many things and is not a monolith. It is a means of artistic communication with an audience. Very few works of great literature that I have read have been self masturbatory enough to be ABOUT "Great works of great individuals".

>It is not about making the condition of inferior beings somewhat better. Literature does not exist to please the mediocre.The leftist here is in foreign territory.
I think you may be in foreign territory here. You are not exceptional. You're a tripfag on a website that routinely posts a misanthropic cartoon frog as its avatar.

You may want to gain some perspective on your own life.

Veeky Forums doubles as a philosophy board and lefty philosophy gets obliterated here on the daily

>tripfag
>cancerous opinion

nihil sub sole novum

Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

Oh wow, I thought this was bait but you actually seem to believe this.

Don't forget to downboat too. Don't want anybody seeing that post at the top and getting the idea to disturb your leftist echo chamber.

You perfectly realize the validity of my claims ; for in all men there exists a common tendency to perform just and great actions, and contemplate higher works and deeds, --- you feel it stinging you, and perhaps, if you insult me enough on the basis of my use of a tripcode, you think you will make it go away. You won't. It's the feeling of humanity inside you trying to achieve something higher. Cultivate it.

all philosophy is recorded so what was the purpose of this "post"

>Right wing authors
GK Chesterton
WB Yeats
TS Eliot
Ezra Pound
Ernst Junger
Dostoevsky
TS Lawrence
Gottfried Benn
Thomas Mann
Knut Hamsun

>Left Wing Authors
Stephen King
Laurie Penny
John Green

wtf I'm an NRx blogger now

>11:22:33
nice, very impressive

There are too many libertarians on this board. There are too many libertarians in the world.