Please leave and never return if you agree with any of the following;

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you think fantasy, science fiction, detective fiction, young adult fiction or horror are literature
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you do not at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon (muh african authors)
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

This is a board about literature. You're not welcome here. Please take your plebeian garbage to /b/ or reddit, where you will find both a demographic and a general atmosphere more consistent with your tastes and your culture.

Also, what is the patrician book you are reading right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S6599933
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>someone saved my copy pasta
God bless you newtrip :3

>my copy pasta
warosu.org/lit/thread/S6599933

>i don't want to engage with plebs
>comes to a public forum

Kill yourself

Stop pretending to be an aristocrat when you're not

>tripfag
>thinks his opinion matter

>you think fantasy... [is] literature
>you barely know your classics... Three Tragedians... Homer... Shakespeare... Milton
a little contradictory here lad

>you read for the plot
What do these even mean?

>all these assblasted peasants
OP is right, and if you are bothered by this post, you're only proving that you're a plebeian

I seriously do not understand why you would read literature for any reason but entertainment

I have been posting this since 2011

Jump off a bridge, tripfag.

The book of disquiet. In portuguese.

Yes, this is why you should go to rebbit.

What patrician book are you reading my friend?

>you read any form of genre fiction
Implying most works we classify as classics today aren't considered genre fiction
>you think fantasy, science fiction, detective fiction, young adult fiction or horror are literature
But they can be...
>you barely know your classics
I've read the majority of them
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
But I'm patrician so I only read top level shit nigga
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
Respected? Yes. Accepted? No
>you speak a single language
Someone's buttmad that they had to learn English growing up
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
Do these really exist?
>you read for the plot
Reading for anything other than the totality of the literary experience. Top Pleb
Reading IS entertaining to me.
>you rarely read nonfiction
Why does this matter?
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
If you read the classics you will absorb philosophy by osmosis
>you do not at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
Implying the Three Tragedians matter in comparison to Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
Implying literature outside of the Western Tradition is worth reading.
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon (muh african authors)
Since when has Africa ever produced worthwhile literature?
>you mostly read contemporary literature
Fucking disgutsting
>you believe 'the author is dead'
Post-Structuralism is a plague upon humanity
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
Pure Cancer
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
Terrible
>your rarely read poetry
I read three poems a day desu senpai
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
Only faggots believe this
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
No I don't
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
No I don't
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
No I don't
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight
Depends on how busy my schedule is.

>Implying literature outside of the Western Tradition is worth reading.
I meant, as in a German only reading German literature.

Der Tod des Vergil, you?

Started working on Plotinus recently, but I haven't had much time for it.

he looks a little like elliot rodger

You're the definition of middlebrow.

>implying Kafka isn't literature

Good thread.

Yeah. OP buys cum by the gallon.

It means that OP has a massive inferiority complex

You perfectly realize the validity of my claims ; for in all men there exists a common tendency to perform just and great actions, and contemplate higher works and deeds, --- you feel it stinging you, and perhaps, if you insult me enough on the basis of my use of a tripcode, you think you will make it go away. You won't. It's the feeling of humanity inside you trying to achieve something higher. Cultivate it.

Men, facing the vast sea of cultural production in our day and age, face a choice between something which is good for one, and something which is bad. Most if not all of literature published today is poison.
No one would knowingly pick intellectual and moral poison over the greatest works of the centuries. It is all borne of ignorance and lack of culture. My refutations serve a moral purpose ; I am here to help both the feeble-minded and the able whose education was ruined by the modern world, to find greatness, and never again dabble in mediocrity.

If, through my practice of refutation and appeal to the higher functions of man, I can save one of you, I will be happy.

Pleb detected.

I agree with some of what you say.

Pedro Paramo

>you are a tripfag

>be tripfag
>hasn't offed himself yet

senpai what sre you doing? the noose awaits desu

Could I ask you of your background? You speak of culture as if you're a blue blood but I highly doubt you're well bred. It seems as if you're compensating for something. However, I actually agree with a lot of your sentiments. The fact of the matter is that the masses are unable and unwilling to live in such a dry and sterile manner, culturally speaking. I read literature. Great literature. I've read a lot of it. Guess what? Dune is still my favorite book. I enjoy free verse poetry. I like ASOIAF. Am I beneath you because of it? I think not. The syncretic stew in my head brought about by my absorption of such works has given my life so much vigor and such inspiration. I implore you to lighten the fuck up and take a break from thinking so hard. If you keep your attitude up you'll end up blowing a synapse or two.

>This is a board about literature.

lol i think you are the one to leave. or at least stay and be aware that the name is not the thing.

>being this petite bourgeoisie

is there anything more embarrassing?

>>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity

hey ma man, that might be obviously not true, but rhyme does not make the poetry.

if i am to choose between one of those two misconceptions, the first one is safer cause it cant become dogmatic.

I come from one of the oldest and most respected families in the south. My grandmother grew up with a cook who lived behind her plantation home. My command of capital is beyond what you would call "petite bourgeoisie". My father is an executive at Swisher International Group. Try harder.

I don't reply to this by precisely citing my background, mainly because there's no way to prove the validity of such claims on the internet, and also because I wouldn't put my real identity on here. Let us just say my family gave our name to a few places.

So what? You're a Vanderbilt? A Carnegie? Those bozos weren't even settlers. Mine sailed the seas with John Smith. I even have the documentation for it.

>what is the Bhagavad-Gita
>what is the Tale of Genji
>what is Sun Tzu
>what is the Tao Te Ching
>what is the Pali Canon
>who is Li Bai
>who is Rumi

Plebbiest examples ever desu.

You forgot

>you fall for bait

in your list, faggot-kun.

Please leave this board if you can't read in six or more different ways AND determine which work benefits from which way of reading

Skimming - this is obviously the pleb way to read. If you skim through many books you might develop a psychosis or suffer from memory losses, you don't wanna do that
Passive reading - this one is common, but also not good. Reading passively (embracing the perspective of an author and delving into prose) won't do much good, but it helps some to fall asleep or waste some extra time
Active reading - reading a book with own opinions in mind, always keeping a journal and having your thought process very distinct. A fine way to read, most people stop at this phase and it takes them entire lives to just get this far
Analizing the text - reading all the reference literature, looking up unknown words in multiple dictionaries, having read the entirety of an author's oeuvre including his notes, journals, school assignments and debentures
Deep reading - nearly good way to read, at this phase you must be reading from right to left and from the bottom upwards, you should keep the entire text memorized
Rewriting - rewriting the entire text of the book. Obviously the sophisticated choice, includes correcting author's mistakes and improving the work

They're plebby because they're the great foundational texts of the East. That's like saying that the Bible and The Odyssey is "pleb"

This is OP.

Trump Tower?

>tfw on the edge

>the south

lol

>swisher international
>annual rev

It's good to know that all the billionaires twenty year old children hang out in Veeky Forums.

Could either of you be more embarassing? Nobody cares about your ancestry, people that post on Veeky Forums are generally wealthy.

OP is a fag trying too hard to be pretentious. Nothing is wrong with enjoying genre fiction in the same way nothing is wrong with going to a Marvel movie with your family. It serves a completely different personal and societal role than reading the classics/watching high-brow films.

Nothing like checking out the "What do you masturbate to, Veeky Forums?"-thread with my 1%er friends.

In your gold/ebony laptop.

Good post, OP.

The patrician book I'm currently reading is Gómez Dávila's Escolios a un texto implícito.

Bonus point: my native tongue isn't Spanish (and it's not English either, obviously).

Now I just feel bad for OP.

Gómez Dávila = Aforismos de teología política = Refranes de fabulas tratando de inmiscuirse en el gobierno de los pueblos.

Your native tongue must be German.

>teología política

Come on, it's more than that.

I'm going to kill myself

OP the belief that your opinion matters and that you have any power in this discourse is ridiculous. Please take your feeling of inferiorty and deal with it in real life instead of burrying your own grave on a Hainan .jpg board.

Probs a latin language, since they're all really dialects of the same language.

It's French, but I also read German (status: currently improving).

ligotti is horror and he's Veeky Forums

Occidental master race