What's happened in your hometown?

On the whole, my hometown is unbelievably dull, with no literary interest whatsoever, although I just found out today that Piers Plowman is set there, which makes me pretty happy

What literary occurrences have taken place in your hometown?

Round the Malvern Hills area if anyone is interested/if anyone knows any other shit that went down there

Washington killed drunk German Mercenaries during Christmas

There's a lot of experimental poetry and experimental hip hop that comes from here.

Twin Cities

Examples?

world famous architecture, various writers from Goethe to Montaigne, Hemingway, and Bolano have all passed through and written favorable accounts. Goethe in particular liked our women -- I don't think he had good taste.

Architecturally speaking, we have the finest neo-classical buildings and villas in the world. Thanks Palladio.

Washington DC, Jefferson, and most of the New World can thank us later...

Ciao~

A muslim somali nigger refugee killed a guy and 8 other are in the hospital.
It was kinda scary.

basically /tv/

Lowry wrote Under the Volcano here. He lived in the city itself and also in North Van. Back then North Van was the middle of fucking nowhere, you had to take a ferry to get there.

Descartes wrote most of his work here (Amsterdam). French scholar fleeing from conflict with Sorbonne > writes to Sorbonne to be institutionalized as the new standard for Philosophy.

My hometown is pretty old as North American Ontarian towns go. It has some rich history to it, and its downtown core is fucking beautiful.

Shame that its been completely flooded by Indians and Pakistanis who don't give a flying a fucking about it and are causing massive Urbanization into the surrounding areas destroying what was left of this mid-sized city within the GTA.

Southern Ontario fags will know the city.

I think Lewis Carroll grew up around here

Anything written from and about Cal Arts. So probably something about drugs and the desert.

Urmuz was born there.

Neechee wrote a poem about it, pretty cool desu

I'm from Auburn, California. Lenny and George from Of Mice and Men were from here.

It became a cesspool of dark-skinned barbarians. You unironically read about crime done by """Südländer""" every day. Mother said she doesn't recognize the town anymore. I study somewhere else and It makes me recall my visit to a bazaar in Ankara.

Is it that bad in Germany?

the air india bomber lived here

Yes.
In fact I'm learning Polish to get away from this mess. I know it's running away, but it's what the German people wanted, apparently.

W.H. Auden wrote some poems about the Malvern Hills. Elizabeth Barrett Browning lived near there for a while and C.S. Lewis went to Malvern College.

I'm pretty jealous. Piers Plowman is one of my favorite works of literature, and I hope to visit Worcestershire when I go to England in the summer.

If you visit Worcestershire, don't bother with Worcester, apart from maybe the cathedral. Stick to rural areas. If you do decide to go to Worcester for some reason, then go to the nightclub sin. It is one of the worst places on the face of the earth, but they do 6 jaeggerbombs for £10

i live near where jane austen lived