Any employed engineers on this board?

Any employed engineers on this board?

There are.

Software engineer

That's not engineering. You're like a geek squad fag huh?

what do you do?

Civil engineer

Yes

Ive seen alot of mechanical and civil engineers, a few chemical engineers. These are the only valid engineering degrees.

Yes, the people at geek squad are software engineers /s. I probably make more than you.

C++ ML infrastructure

Aerospace engineer checking in

>has a windows 8 cert
>"engineer"

you're a fucking retard is what you are.

What...?

I doubt many come on here. Most of the people on this board are college students who think they will go on to become hotshots. Been that way for 5 years

Electronics Engineer specialized in FPGA design

>"engineer"
holy shit no wonder engineers get such a bad rap around here.

Electrical engineer, software/hardware development in embedded systems.

No. Anything CS related gets a bad rap around here for literally no reason. Look at all the trolls talking about "Windows 8 certificates" whatever that is.

Do you even know what an FPGA is?

>he thinks nuclear and electrical aren't valid
Holy shit I want all brainlets on this board to leave...

You might have more luck on

Hey, does anyone know any good books relating to statics, thermodynamics, other fundamental engineering concepts? Most textbooks read like dogshit and i'm looking to read up before i go back to uni.

I have an engineering degree, and I'm employed, but I work as a physicist.

pic related for your general mechanical stuff.

all thermo books read like dogshit.

the most usefull tools for crushing an engineering undergrad are math texts, particularly linear algebra and numerical methods.

Well thanks

thanks user, i appreciate it.

do you have any recommendations on math texts?

Does anybody have a link to download the ebooks. I'm a poorfag

I'm an engineered employer. Does that count?

library genesis will have msot modern stem books

>get engineering degree
>end up being a software developer anyway

fucking engineering cucks, when will they learn

Have a master's in EE and work for Raytheon. Feel like I wasted 5 years of my life but it pays pretty well so fuck it guess

whats the new-new weapon for killing ruskis?

How are you employed?

Electrical and Control Engineer. Currently design and program automation robotics for factories. Hopefully have a new job designing flight control systems for aircraft soon if security check goes through.

Whats the company like? Ive always had a strange emotional draw to raytheon. Good solid guidance systems for good solid missiles. Cant have missiles with out guidance systems. Has a certain feel to it, like hand crafted tools or something.

In fact, if i had known more of the world when i was a kid in highschool i might well have tried to get a job there.

But this is all in my imagination. Is it a good feeling company?

>spend years studying, gaining knowledge
>use that knowledge to design better ways to kill people
What's the point?

>How are you employed?
How? I submitted an application, had an interview, and was selected to be hired. Now I go in 5 times a day, do what I'm asked to do, and receive money in return.

I do fatigue and damage tolerance on new designs, but I'm moving to F&DT for fleet support here soon