Can someone explain the Bogdanoff affair to me...

Can someone explain the Bogdanoff affair to me? How were two guys so easily able to troll the scientific world and get PhDs by bullshitting? How do I know that many other people didn't bullshit their way to PhDs as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdanov_affair
motls.blogspot.ca/2005/06/bogdanoff-papers.html
motls.blogspot.ca/2005/10/seriously-about-bogdanoffs-ii.html
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/18929562/#18929722
tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00001502/document
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affaire_Bogdanoff
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>European academics

What I'm so surprised about with these niggers is their hair. These guys obviously care about how they look (whether or not you think they do a good job of that is irrelevant) yet they both have horrible, dry, damaged hair that looks like shit.

>People start questioning the validity of the Bogdanoff's work
>French ""academia"" responds by launching a major investigation.... the results of which are kept secret from the public because.....?

Why would /anyone/ take French """academia""" seriously?

'whether or not you think it looks good doesn't matter'

'they look like shit'

??? Ur trolling right?

The Rothschild bows to them

In contact with aliens

Do you need a quick rundown?

it doesn't surprise me that much. The only people who remotely knew what the thesis was supposed to be about were probably their advisor and other people on the committee. So like 3-4 people. If they decide they want to pass you then you will pass.

The only way to get a PhD is by bulshitting unless your name is Alan Turing

I like how the old guard call anything they can't understand bullshit. Maybe Veeky Forums would be more up your alley.

can someone provide me with a brief, yet thorough summary of who these guys are?

They are rumored to possess psychic abilities.

I'm gonna need a quick rundown

No one reads or understands string theory papers except the people who write them, they just look for vocabulary and go "eh those words seem to be in the right place I guess".

You know how criminals will get plastic surgery to hide their identity?

What kind of fucked up crimes did these 2 commit to force them to choose to look like that? What did they both look like before a surgeon shat all over their faces? And what crimes are they running away from?

The Bogdanovs were horribly disfigured in a battle with the Ascended Dark Wizard known as Alex Grothendieck. Their appearance is an everlasting curse.

The twins finally defeated Grothendieck in 2014, though some say he survived that battle. Some say that he is living in the Appalachian mountains, silently plotting his revenge...

So now this autisic meme has spread from /pol/ and ended up on Veeky Forums.

I guess it won't be too long until a pizzagate thread pops up.

To be fair, this meme is better suited for Veeky Forums than it is for /pol/ given how the Bogdanoff affair is directly relevant to pear review.

>before Veeky Forums, after Veeky Forums

kek

seems like sci is getting /polsci/

is gender binary guyz?

can Zyclon B really Gas 80quingorillion Jews?

>pear review

This really makes me think.

How do you get so deluded as to think this much plastic surgery makes you look good.

Too much time spent on Veeky Forums.

The quality of Veeky Forums posts has decreased dramatically over the past few months. Some of it is trolling, other stuff is answers to questions which can be answered with 5 seconds on google. MUCH of it is /pol/ reaching out to other boards trying to broaden their base.

Veeky Forums has been invaded by /pol/

To keep /pol/ inside of /pol/ I'd like to recommend anyone who posts in /pol/ receive a 6 hour ban from posting in all other boards. A very short ban that's just long enough to deter regulars from /pol/ trolling other boards.

BUILD THE WALL AROUND /pol/

Meh, with a board as slow as Veeky Forums I don't mind a little /pol/lution as long as they don't cuck out when we troll them back.

Really, the solution is very simple. Put in the sticky that all political threads are meant as dedicated troll and shitpost threads were all rules no longer apply (except for cp, gore, and the like) and nothing is meant to be taken seriously.

Then /pol/ would eventually go back to their mud huts in kekistan when they realize that every time they make a thread about global warming it gets flooded with spiderman, IQ, tesla, anime, gay greentext stories, and similar posts.

dubdubdubs for truth, strongly seconded.

Going to need a basic gestalt

but all it'd take is a few /pol/s to troll any thread they want, and turn it into a dedicated shitposting thread

They could shut down any thread that offends their objectively superior racist views

>but all it'd take is a few /pol/s to troll any thread they want, and turn it into a dedicated shitposting thread

I see no problem with this. You never see /pol/ people shitting up /SQT/ and other math threads.

>They could shut down any thread that offends their objectively superior racist views

But think about this for a second. What would offend a /pol/ poster? Anti /pol/, POLITICAL views.

/pol/ or anti /pol/, political views are political views regardless. If some faggot makes a thread about gender equality for all I care nuke his fucking thread with cancer. Gender equality is not math and science. Fuck them.

/pol/ is a containment board for a reason, just like /b/

You can't just say, ok we're going to have containment threads where /pol/ or /b/ is allowed on any board

>You can't just say, ok we're going to have containment threads where /pol/ or /b/ is allowed on any board

Well, what can we realistically do?
Mods are fucking retarded. They would rather ban university threads over /pol/ threads. Those motherfuckers NEVER delete /pol/ threads unless the threads get overly racist. Some /pol/cuck can post his list of links for why black people are subhuman but as long as he doesn't say nigger he is good to go.

Obviously every /pol/ fag deserves to be banned from every other board in the world, but we all know those faggots get banned 5 times a day in their own board so they have to have figured out how to avoid their bans.

The only practical solution is one in which everyone knows that /pol/ threads are shitposting threads were you may post as much cancer as you want.

mods are actually pretty good at deleting /pol/ shit, obviously you can't see what they're deleting

but /pol/ has figured out if they make a thinly veiled Veeky Forums thread they can make a /pol/ thread seem plausible on Veeky Forums and it's less likely to get deleted. Other people from /pol/ decided to stick around because they like it here better, much like Sweden's refugees. But much like Sweden's refugees they're having trouble assimilating and causing a lot of trouble for everyone else. It's hard going from such a toxic environment to a constructive/intellectual enviroment

But they are trying, they make an effort to share they opinions and to have some topic where they aren't completely ignorant.

I think that by exposing them to some real issues they may understand that the world it's bigger than their dichotomy.

>mods are actually pretty good at deleting /pol/ shit, obviously you can't see what they're deleting

No, they aren't.

>but /pol/ has figured out if they make a thinly veiled Veeky Forums thread they can make a /pol/ thread seem plausible on Veeky Forums and it's less likely to get deleted.

And this is what I mean. These are the threads the mods never delete even though they can. Everyone can immediately perceive that the moment a thread talks about gender, race, genetics, global warming or flat earth it is immediately a /pol/ thread. No questions asked.

Angela Merkel, a 14 year old bearded Arab and a swedish newborn baby walk into Al Jewzera network of peace, to meet with Immam-Bin-Al-Sultan Schlomo-Sheik-Sheckleberg-Mohammad-Salafi IIIII McMahmood Erdogan.

Immam-Bin-Al-Sultan Schlomo-Sheik-Sheckleberg-Mohammad-Salafi IIIII McMahmood Erdogan says to Angla Merkel and her performing Troupe:

"Oy vey salam malakem my filthy kaffirs, You have come to show us your new immigration policy yes? I wouldnt let you kaffirs in here; what with your devil white skin. Guards kill these harambes!"

Angela steps in and says:

"Please Monsieur Erdogan, Ich ist gut French European! I surrender My womb to you. let me show you my greatest triumph of western civillization, my refugee policy, before you behead me, gracious moderate kang."

Immam-Bin-Al-Sultan Schlomo-Sheik-Sheckleberg-Mohammad-Salafi IIIII McMahmood Erdogan shoo'ed away the moderate muslim brotherhood with his hands,and accepted Angelas offer.

"Please Angela no bully. I am poor muslim. y u no bomb assad angela? plz shw me i am poor refugee who am having sexual emergency. shw me your policy."

Angela rallies her troupe into position and the performance begins.

Angela immediately strips her clothes off (she had a specially designed pantsuit for this occasion) and reveals her massive masculine boy clitoris: she grasbs the newborn swedish baby and starts fucking it in the ass with her oversized clitoris, similar to that chimpanzee that throatfucked a frog. all the while the 14 year old bearded Somalian is licking his lips and masturbating. he is becoming scared by how emergent his sexual desires are and he begins howling to the air. Angela takes a moment to compliment the sound of the howls as a non eurocentric avant garde performance art for the new germany. Angela stops raping the child. picks it up by the leg and throws it to the 12 year old mostacheod preeschool hero and survivor of far right racism by assad.
They both pounce on the child. cont..

muhammad takes out a knife. he begins to cut at the childs genitals. blood starts pourong out uncontrollably, Anglea starts rolling around and lapping it up while making derranges sexual noises. she starts humping the areas of blood to rub her oversized clitoris on it and back on the child, writing words like 'empowered' and 'radical' on the skin of the child. akbar is taking his time to make sure he removes the entire genitals of the child. he rips the labia and clit off. Angela snatches the scraps and starts chewing on them like a rabid dog to a bone she shves the peices of skin in her orifeses and back into her mouth.
akbar ceremonially drinks the blood and begins the marrige ceremony. he starts calling out to the prophet muhammad and to Allah to the applause of the feminist government of sweden wo just arrived in full Hijab. Each of them looked upon this suitor and wondered if they could que up to join his Harem.
he made the islamic vows(he called her wife(its a lot like waifus)) and then proceeded to consemate Angela layed out on the floor. red like devil satin and shoved the babies head right up her ass.
snakbarz then footfucked the child until it baceme a bloody pulp, he then scaped the body up from the floor and put it in a shoebox, the head still inside Angela, and angela orgasmed a massive slurry of sludge from all her cavities onto the floor. she said "racist germans are finished. all hail the muslim germany the blessed 4th reich! das juden ist nein white devils will suffer!"

Angela then grabbed snackbar and started rallying him in the ear saying soft soothing things like a fraulein. then silence.

Immam-Bin-Al-Sultan Schlomo-Sheik-Sheckleberg-Mohammad-Salafi IIIII McMahmood Erdogan looked upon the offering. He said:

"Angela..... I love it. What do you call it?"

Angela replied:

I call it.........

The Diversity!

>How were two guys so easily able to troll the scientific world and get PhDs by bullshitting?

>easily troll the scientific world

>easily
It took them 10 years to complete their PhDs, and they weren't even getting paid. That's hardly easy, they basically wasted ten years of their lives and didn't even understand physics by the end of it, so the department eventually got sick of them and passed them out of pity.

>the scientific world

They conned one second-rate journal. If you go low enough, you're eventually going to find a journal that will publish anything.

Less 'le epic trolle!' and more 'B-but I was only PRETENDING to be retarded, really!"

>Go on /pol/ to correct their retardation
>Get banned from everywhere else
So you want to turn /pol/ into an echo-chamber?

OP here, I am completely serious. I'm just as much a Veeky Forums poster as any of you, I don't go to /pol/. I read about the Bog affair on wikipedia and it fascinated me, because it seems this shit runs deep. They even got into internet forums. made up pseudonyms and got some supporters to help fix their image, and got banned form Wikipedia as a result in 2005, with Jimbo Wales getting involved.

Thanks

it's actually a real thing which is separate from the forced /pol/ meme

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdanov_affair

>whines about /pol/shit
>goes on a /pol/shit rant about sweden

>So you want to turn /pol/ into an echo-chamber?

It already is. Nuclear holocaust already happened there, the priority now is making sure that the cancer doesn't spread.

SJWtards self-rightous shitposting and circlejerk in this board is hilarious. When will they learn that Veeky Forums will never accept them.

top kek nice post

Luboš Motl, probably one of the most ardent anti-crank activist out there, who wrote a book about the subject, determined they are mostly legit.

motls.blogspot.ca/2005/06/bogdanoff-papers.html

motls.blogspot.ca/2005/10/seriously-about-bogdanoffs-ii.html

>Luboš Motl, probably one of the most ardent anti-crank activist out there
He is a huge crank himself. Go back to /pol/

If you ignore his climate science diatribes and focus on his mastery of theoretical physics, he's not.

If you focus on his partiular expertise in physics then you must also reject his opinion on the Bogdanoffs since such cosmology has little to do with string theory. You might as well argue that he is right about climate science since climate science is physics.

He determined that most of what they say is nonsense, the rest he is not qualified to judge, and they ask some interesting questions about the singularity. That's it. He is only seen as calling them legitimate because no one else has anything nice to say about them.

>Veeky Forums has been invaded by /pol/
Because they all come here thinking they need to redpill us

>So you want to turn /pol/ into an echo-chamber?
It has been for years now.

>Luboš Motl, probably one of the most ardent anti-crank activist out there, who wrote a book about the subject, determined they are mostly legit.
Why am I not surprised by this? He probably created the fucking Bogdanoff meme, since he probably spends all day on /pol/ when he's not writing blog posts or complaining about women in the comments section of Quanta. As evidence I give you: desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/18929562/#18929722

No one but Lubos would mention himself alongside the other scientists in that post.

>ignore his climate science diatribes
sure is redpilled in here

kek

Wait we aren't allowed to say nigger on Veeky Forums? What has this site come to?

it depends on how you say it. some boards are strict about post quality

>he probably spends all day on /pol/ when
I bet you think /pol/ did 9/11 too lmao

Because we actually have good mathematicians
It's the political side (Sciences Po/ENA) that is a bit corrupted. Also, just because there was one bad apple don't mean the whole tree is spoiled.

Why did this thread turn to shit so quickly?

The bogdanoff affair is real, asking about it is a legitimate question, I guess you brainlets can't separate the memes and bitching about /pol/ from a legit question. You guys suck and I'm going back to /r/eddit

I'm a virgin neckbeard because of /pol/. Whoever disagrees with me is also /pol/

From what I've read, their work is not very rigorous and is too speculative. I'm not able to understand the maths behind it so I can't judge.

Just a fact, they have been doing their thesis for 11 years while the average time is 4. Their thesis director died while directing. Their work is extremely long, and it's believed they've done it on purpose (ie, making proofs uselessly complex and verbose).

I really don't think this is a symptom of a "weakness" in French academia. As I've said, I don't understand the thesis, and even it was true, it's only one apple, doesn't mean the whole tree is spoiled.

Lastly, the Bogs were already a meme here in France for years before they somehow find themselves on Veeky Forums. Nobody takes them seriously.

tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00001502/document
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affaire_Bogdanoff

Another classic fraud is Wolfram. He wrote the most embarrassing book look at the scathing reviews for "A New Kind of Science" someday which real mathematicians utterly destroyed.

>being so self-centred you named your programming language after yourself

>Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fis
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line.
>Will bankroll the firsklt cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
>both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

>How do I know that many other people didn't bullshit their way to PhDs as well?

They most certainty did. You dont... you dont actually think modern academia has anything to do with actual legitimate natural philosophy, do you? Hah! Oh sweety...

The call that saved academia

he also has it on his desk

it's the only book on his desk