Why is reproduction desired?

Why are we hardwired to reproduce and desire reproduction?

Why did evolution make us care about continuing our genetic legacy?

Why would the brain reward you for sex? Is it because it is the only way you can keep "existing", in the DNA of your offspring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pu5kfeapEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are dumb as fuck, aren't you?

>Why are we hardwired to reproduce and desire reproduction?
>Why did evolution make us care about continuing our genetic legacy?
Because those that didn't died out very quickly.

>Why would the brain reward you for sex?
Because it leads to reproduction. Brains reward for situations that lead to long-term reproductive success, and punish for things that lead to the opposite.

This is literally the entire basis of evolution. Imagine there are 2 dogs:

Dog 1 doesn't want to mate, and so has no young

Dog 2 does want to mate and does so often, leaving many pups

And so, because dog 2 had so many young, the dog population will be more similar to dog 2 than 1. Repeat this process for millions of years and that's evolution.

because organisms who didn't, didn't pass on their genes of not wanting sex

We aren't? Many people have no desire to have kids. What we're hardwired to enjoy is fucking.

You fail to explain

Why does reproducing matter to the individual? Why does the brain reward you for spreading your genes?

>its evolution/your genes get passed on/more dogs look like dog 2

How do this directly affect the individual who reproduces in a positive way?

>Oh hey there are 3 more dogs who happen to share 50% of my DNA

So what?

pic related

does*

My post was neither edgy nor wrong.

>Why are we hardwired to reproduce and desire reproduction?
To spread our genes
>Why did evolution make us care about continuing our genetic legacy?
Evolution did nohing, the genes are the ones that "program" our brains to reproduce ergo continuing our genetic legacy
>Why would the brain reward you for sex?
If you get a reward for doing something you will do that thing more so you get more rewards

Something isn't a living being unless it reproduces (but you can have things that replicate without being alive like viruses). It's like asking "why is fire hot" when heat is one of the things you need for fire to be fire.

>You fail to explain
No, you just fail to understand.

>Why does reproducing matter to the individual?
Because evolution has produced individuals that care about reproduction. That's how evolution has arranged our brains to be wired up.

>Why does the brain reward you for spreading your genes?
See above.

>How do this directly affect the individual who reproduces in a positive way?
It doesn't. That's not how evolution works.

Evolution works like this: a thousand years ago, there were people that desired to reproduce and people that did not. The people that did desire to reproduce... did not reproduce. So you are descended from the people that DID desire to reproduce. And you inherited that desire from them, as that desire is part of the design of their brain, and you inherited the design of your brain from them.

>The people that did desire to reproduce... did not reproduce.
Derp. The people that did NOT desire to reproduce, of course.

Says you, I will never have children from my retarded slavic genes. I will use a special bloodline of genes from Sweden or Denmark.
I want quality children with futures, not little walking historical rapebabies.

>>>sqt

The real question (which maybe is what OP was asking) is why we engage in SEXUAL reproduction, where we throw away half our genes and combine the other half with someone else's genes.

It seems much more logical to go into a room, masturbate, have an ecstatic orgasm and somehow from that get pregnant and produce a baby that is genetically identical to you. Then you pass on ALL of your genes in every baby, not just half of them.

I don't think scientists have come up with a totally satisfactory explanation of why this isn't generally superior to sexual reproduction.

We are never hardwired, we are just submissive, idiotic and conditioned enough to fall for a seriously predictable trap.

I SHALL NEVER HAVE CHILDREN FROM MY GENES.
My clan shall fall beneath my feet. My desire of having children will be kept in check.
I will take care of the genes of great family origins like the swedish and call the child my own because I raised him with responsibility and intelligence, not because he carries my disgusting abortion DNA code.

Shall my family die and my grandmothers and fathers never have peace even in death.
youtube.com/watch?v=6pu5kfeapEA

Because the thing that causes you to want to have kids is passed to your kids, and people who don't want kids don't have as many kids as those who want to, and then they have more kids and there's more of them and they become the majority.

Because two people having different genes means that the chance of having bad genes replicate goes down, the chance of having new and different genesets that produce something beneficial or neutral go up, and the rate of mutation, meaning better adaptation and thus better ability to survive, goes up.

Questions akin to "what is the meaning of life?"

Well, we just don't know.

Because your DNA is the real one in control of you. It just uses the meatbag you know as you to pass itself on to a new meatbag

So if my wife does not wish to reproduce, but I have a child with my beautiful co-worker, that's evolution?
Just making sure, so that I can get my story straight.

Learn how natural selection works.
>Creators that do/are things that are better at reproducing continue
>Things that don't die out
All the things that didn't want to reproduce did and so there are more of them, all the things that didn't want to breed died out so there aren't any.

A creature with higher desire to reproduce, reproduces more, leading that creature to have a lot of offspring. This higher desire to reproduce gets passed down to the creature's offspring. Exponential reproduction of the original creature's genes occurs. Eventually, natural selection will have caused only that creature's offspring to remain.
>YFW

Yep. The DNA sequences that have survived the test of time are the ones that have evolved to build "vehicles" that can carry and maintain them. All that matters for the DNA from an evolutionary perspective is that its vehicle (ie you) can survive long enough to reproduce so that the DNA can "inhabit" a fresh new vehicle for another generation.

You're making the common mistake of evolution has some sort of goal or end game. It doesn't.

Organisms that were more likely to reproduce, reproduced, so now all organisms are hard wired with a bias in their programming for reproduction.