Hi everyone. I'm Timothy, I'm 6 years old but I already know how to read very well...

Hi everyone. I'm Timothy, I'm 6 years old but I already know how to read very well. I'm not allowed to talk to strangers on my tablet yet, so my daddy is helping me ask you this question. I learned that people helped transform wolves into dogs, and then into the different types [species] of dogs there are. I want to ask why people don't make a dog that is very smart, like they made dogs that have nice fur. Thank you science [Veeky Forums].

Help my kid Veeky Forums

Fuck off Timothy.

Do you think I'm going to let him read that? You can be as rude as you want, it won't reach his eyes

Couple weeks into calculus 1 now, doing well, already past the chain rule and beyond. Quotient rule was a joke. Product rule remains my specialty.
I ask my professor his thoughts on quantum mechanics and partial derivatives. He's impressed i know about the subject. We converse after class for some time, sharing mathematical insights; i can keep up. He tells me of great things ahead like series and laplacians. I tell him i already read about series on wikipedia. He is yet again impressed at my enthusiasm. What a joy it is to have your professor visibly brighten when he learns of your talents.
And now I sit here wondering what it must be like to be a brainlet, unable to engage your professor as an intellectual peer.
All of the deep conversations you people must miss out on because you aren't able to overcome the intellectual IQ barrier that stands in the way of your academic success... it's so sad.
My professor and I know each other on first name basis now, but i call him Dr. out of respect.
And yet here you brainlets sit, probably havent even made eye contact with yours out of fear that they will gauge your brainlet IQ levels.
A true shame, but just know it is because i was born special that i am special. I can't help being a genius, nor can my professor.
Two of a kind is two flocks in a bush.

This diversity of dogs exists thanks to artificial selection. Humans can select the dogs they like the most and make them have many kids. That way, after many generations everyone has the dog they like the most. Why can't we make smarter dogs? Well, actually we have some dogs that are more intelligent than others, but intelligence is much more difficult to understand than fur. We can easily select a dog with a nice fur to make him have puppies that will have the same fur as the parents, but we can't make dogs ultra smart by selecting them, only a bit more smart. If we waited millions of years while selecting the most intelligent ones we could make them very smart, but that's not possible to do in a few thousand years.

People have tried to breed smarter dogs, the resulting breeds being hunting dogs and herding dogs. Whether these dogs are smarter or just more trusting of the commands given by their owners is still debated.

There are several problems with breeding smarter dogs. The first is that we're not sure how to determine intelligence. When people bred hunting and herding dogs, they used how well the dogs learn and obey commands as a measure of intelligence, but it's possible that a very smart dog would decide to ignore human commands. Tests have been created that are meant to act like IQ tests for dogs, but their accuracy is largely unknown, because we can't prompt a dog to take the kind of IQ tests we give to humans. breeding a smarter dog is hard because we don't have a reliable way to test a dog's intelligence compared to other dogs.

There's also an ethical dilemma to breeding any intelligent animal. If you did manage to create a dog that's too intelligent, it may want to be seen by humans as a peer. If it managed to somehow communicate this to us (keep in mind, they can't talk, so they'd have to figure out some other way), all hell would break loose. Some would see it as a scientific breakthrough, others would see it as a middle finger to God. It would probably want a life similar to the one lived by most humans, and it would never be able to have that, which would be cruel. Basically, it would be a Frankenstein's monster situation, where the dog wants a normal human life, can never have it, and as a result hates it's creator for causing it to exist.

nigger

Hey Timothy. Lets make some cool crystals !

I just made them, it`s so fun!!!

so much*

Don't do this Timothy, it creates mustard gas.

Ignore the lying faggot Timothy. Do the crystals !

C: so kewl. Did them a few weeks ago, really fun :)

> I learned that people helped transform wolves into dogs, and then into the different types [species] of dogs there are.
Can you apply the same selection method to Australian Aboriginals and make them intelligent enough to do something else than rape their kids and huff petrol all day long?

They have beef smart dogs. Border collies are remarkably smart compared to other dogs, because they were bred to help herd sheep.

Underage b&

lmao Veeky Forums never change

I'll go ahead and answer the question though. Selective breeding is easy to use for simple features like appearance and basic habits, but intelligence is more difficult, it's hard to very discreetly measure. They could attempt to select dogs based on problem solving ability, but it would still be hard because dogs have already gone through natural selection for other traits like physical prowess.
Honestly, it's possible that some progress could be made, but no one is going to go to the trouble because there's no promise of money in that venture. The sad truth about science is that it tends to focus only on advancements that can make money.

Dear Timothy. All animals want to be alive. If you can think what it is like not to have any words in your head, that is the same as being an animal and they get scared and they like to play so they are smart. People aren't smart enough to know this so they eat them. Also the animals are not allowed to play and learn because they are either eaten or turned into pets on their own with humans. So, are we smart, Timothy? Or do we just think we are but we're not?

why did you even reply?

actually nitrogen trichloride.
with is a super powerful lacromatying agent
also super explosive.
under differnt conditions you will get
hydrazine freebase, which is always fun
and instant death.

hows it feel knowing youll grow into a revolting, degenerate cuckified world Timmy?

Fuck animals.
t. Timothy

the lord jesus christ endowed border collies with a sharp mind to herd sheep

dog breeds are not a result of human intervention but divine intervention

praise jesus and praise doggos

dogs were and are bred for obedience and pleasure not intelliegence, a smart dog has no purpose

Hi Tyrone, just making this post in a hurry to tell you that I find your story very inspirational and that it renewed my confidence in that human beans can be good toward each others
I hope you get that artificial kidney bean transplant you were talking about earlier, I deposited $100 to your paypal account about an hour ago to help you with it
Kind regards, Jacques Cartier

Weeeeeeeeeeeeew