Why don't recruiters use IQ to hire employees...

Why don't recruiters use IQ to hire employees ? Wouldn't that be way easier for them to find out who's the most suited for the job?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_v._Duke_Power_Co.
qrg.northwestern.edu/papers/Files/QRG_Dist_Files/QRG_2010/Lovett_CogSci10_Ravens_Final.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cuz thats not the only factor?

IQ does not measure people skill or speaking ability. The world is full of people who are smart on paper but fail in real life. Why do you think Wall St. is run by private school liberal arts majors an not CS grads.

Because it will land you in legal trouble, most likely.

Yeah but if you have to choose between 2 identical resumes and one is 100 IQ brainlet and the other one is 130IQ

Isn't it illegal?
Some companies use similar tests as loop hole.

Why would it be?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_v._Duke_Power_Co.

>looking for intelligence when hiring is a crime
kek

>As such, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits employment tests (when used as a decisive factor in employment decisions) that are not a "reasonable measure of job performance," regardless of the absence of actual intent to discriminate.

fairly reasonable

Because that would be more trouble than it's worth. A much easier way to weed out idiots would be to check if the candidate is a frogposter and, if they are, to trash their application.

>what is an assessment where among other questions non-field related shit like IQ test questions come along.

it isn't allowed, but you can make them take a wonderlics which can give the same type of insights. I also imagine administering it would be pricey based of what professional IQ testing end up being.

Most high power jobs that make the big boy bucks still do, if you want to work in any capacity at a hedge fund or any programming job related to the financial sector you're going to be subjected to a battery of crypto iq tests.

For the same reason they don't use any other skills, tests, or qualifications.

Getting a job is almost 100% social networking and how much you tell them you're willing to be a bitch and do unethical things for the company. It's not what you know, it's who you know. You have to tell them you'll work whever they want, be happy about it, and lie and/or break the law on the company's behalf because the company's image and success is more important than ethics or integrity!

This. Also a lot of government agencies basically administer iq tests the Department of State is definitely one of them.

Are you seriously trying to imply Trump and the people he appoint are smart?

Technical interviews for software jobs are sorta like IQ tests

What? Presidential appointees and people who start at the bottom and climb the ranks of the various government bureaucracies are two different things aren't they?

I recall radioshack gave some watered down IQ test as part of their application process when I applied ~5 years ago. I liked it since I got called for an interview with next to no retail experience

because even a fucking python script can blow them out of the water?
qrg.northwestern.edu/papers/Files/QRG_Dist_Files/QRG_2010/Lovett_CogSci10_Ravens_Final.pdf

I'd rather go with a millionaire job machine than some unemployed neckbeard bernout lmao

IQ tests are very unreliable and usually not a good measure for how capable a person is. The only thing it is a good measure for is the performance in the test.

Also, they often do tests, but they figured at some point that it makes more sense to give them a test that is more specific to whatever skills they actually need.

One thing in particular that isn't considered in an IQ test is creativity. Employers really want that usually for higher positions.

No, it is definitely not illegal. It's done by some companies.