Who are some great writers with the love of humanity in their hearts?

Who are some great writers with the love of humanity in their hearts?
I want the grandest sense of empathy possible.

Kjv Bible
God, the king of all kings, Lord of Lords, became a man and died for all our sins and if we simply trust He did that for us, we're granted eternal life the same second.

Me you stupid fuck

Leodor Tolstoyevsky

There is great love in NT but also great hatred.

>Believe in magic and follow a bunch of rules and you'll get an unspecified reward

Whats a short work by each of them that's a good way to test them out?

wow a sarcastic comment, it must be true.

george orwell and nikolai gogol

For Tolstoy, The Death of Ivan Ilyich
For Dostoyevsky, White Nights.

or you could take this shit seriously and read Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov.

unless you're a FAGGOT

God does not hate homosexuals, he hates the act. He died for them too on the cross.

Unironically Max Stirner.

Sorry that you found my asking to be offensive.

should I read a bunch of Russians before jumping onto Dead Souls? I am seriously lacking in that dept. as is clear i'm sure.

I haven't read it.
Right now I'm reading a collection of his short stories which I highly recommend, moving on to Dead Souls after.

Sounds good to me.

Montaigne

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Melville really loved humanity right? That's what all the sperm-squeezing hand-holding was about?

Simone Weil

Memoirs of Hadrian.

My friend bought me that book! I'm excited for it honestly.

Oh, it was a great read.

>I'm retarded and can't be bothered to read anything about it cause then I can't be in the Special Olympics

Really inadequate responses, guys.

Epictetus

>not posting the GOAT lover

Michael Slote. Read "The Ethics of Care and Empathy."

This. There's a reason Marx hated him. Stirner managed to put together a philosophy that can love and admonish all people without having to sacrifice neither the individual nor self-consciousness for a utopia.

Patrician taste

Not so fast!

Also James Joyce, when you get past his asperities of brilliance, was one of the great literary benefactors of humanity. Shelley (P.B.) was a very great softy as well. And of course Shakespeare.

Schopenhauer, Benatar, Ligotti, Zapffe, Cioran.

0/10

Chekhov

Watched the Great Dictator recently, did we?

nope, just thought it was a phrase that wouldn't be confused

James Salter
Basho
Rumi

I wish I knew you in real life, OP; I'd give you a worthy list of titles and authors.

Asking that question on Veeky Forums is crazy, though.

Pearls before swine, yards yadda yadda.

Hey will you people give a first time writer some advice? :(

AK is a good starting point for Tolstoy, but Crime and Punishment is probably better for Dosto

You don't have to "test out" the greatest writers of all time, you know.

>Finally, we meet in person! Now I shall present you my list.
>First we have Kurt Vonnegut...

1st. Lose the Cancerman pics (Feels, frogs whatever)
2nd. Don't use those terms (Robots, chads etc.)
3rd. You may get something out of reading Cyrano de Bergerac

Ο ΑΓΙΟΣ ΟΜΗΡΟΣ

I'm serious though. If you really care for people you do not want them to suffer.

Read Middlemarch.

>Cyrano de Bergerac

In real life that kind of shit happens all the time, and there's never a happy ending.

listen well OP

If you really care, like the almighty, you will understand that suffering is essential to life as is reward. A good man was never free from suffering.

Oh I have I decided to use Ovid instead of.george Eliot so I'd deal with fewer shitposters

most people do not learn anything
with, the few who learn, most of them learn only after having suffer
it is quite rare to find somebody who learns by just watching people's mistake

Read both. Middlemarch is also the ultimate antidote to the retarded identity politics "dae think everything women write is shit" threads. I can conceive of someone not liking Middlemarch, but to argue that it's poorly written is pure shitposting.

Suffering is essential to human life, but human life is not essential to anything.
People do not need to learn anything. Suffering has no purpose other than to help people become better at avoiding suffering. But suffering is best avoided by not coming into existence.

Has anyone read Tolstoy's Resurrection?

I'm about halfway through, but I've never heard anyone even talk about it on this board. I'm quite enjoying it. What are the critical strengths and failures of this novel in why it's not considered when his other novels are?

>unironically worshipping the demiurge

I have read both. Middlemarch is my favorite novel, but those sexist dummies are people I didn't feel like dealing with so I avoided using it in Op.