What books can teach a socially inept person how to socialize and make friends?

What books can teach a socially inept person how to socialize and make friends?

How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Clason

The complete works of Plato.

Socrates was an ugly spaz but he was friends all over Athens, most ~50 years younger.

I know fake it until you make it is an unhelpful platitude, but it's how I did it.

The best way of learning social skills is experience, all other methods are faulty.

Tbh ive probably read every well known book on that subject there is but I still never get anywhere in social interactions, people can just sense im an autistic weirdo

Read books charged with masculinity like the Iliad, Moby Dick and Mishima's stuff

Self-help books is like trying to learn tennis from reading books

good advice

I think this is pretty good advice. There's a moment in the anime Samurai Flamenco where the MC is humming a tune to his favorite show based upon being a manly man saving the earth to get him through a moment he'd otherwise be too autistic to overcome.

Fiction is a huge confidence booster if you find the right way to utilize it, and model yourself after it, without becoming a fedora wearing landwhale.

Also, just be yourself :^)

That's like asking which anime can teach me to have sex.

densha otoko

Books aren't going to help you, you need to meet people and learn to not be a sperg that way. Or go to a psychologist and have them teach you socializing skills and strategies to minimize your autism

The only true epiphany is weariness. Suffer long and regret your helplessness, the day will come when you've had your fill, of either loneliness or life, and you will be free to escape one or the other.

I was going to scroll past this thread, but decided to bite just for the hell of it.

I'll be honest, I've never been where you are. I've always been incredibly charismatic. Despite being not particularly economically privileged, I got everything I ever wanted simply through charm and guile. However, I've known people in your position and can impart some advice that helped them.

Notes from Underground

not my diary desu

Well? Don't you have anything else to say?

Just read a lot of dialogue heavy stuff and imagine yourself in those situations to practice talking with people. This will also help because you'll remember smart things you said to imaginary people in the shower for conversation. You'll also remember stuff you thought just didn't work and to not say them.

Just go to a PUA site and actually follow the advice if you want to meet girls.

Finding friends is harder, you actually need to have common interests for that. Drinking beer and a sharp wit are pretty helpful though. Should be easy in Uni.

boku no pico

nah thanks, if i go to a psychologist he'll say i have to take the brain washing pills

Some examples ?

Okay so my own theory is this:

First off, do you want to do what you stated with low, pop, or high culture?

Choose which one then figure out what's liked and disliked. For example, with pop culture you will need to find sport teams to root for and you will need to listen to the right music. Once you figure out what you must know and know it well, then you'll be able to have conversations will sorts of people who belong in that culture.

If you want to socialize and make friends with high culture, start with the Greeks.

>you really think someone would do that
>just go on the internet and tell lies