What is the darkest work of fiction ever made?

I honestly think reddit has pretty good taste in "dark" books.
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5fdwf3/what_is_the_darkest_work_of_fiction_ever_made/

>posting actual reddit links
r u 4 real nigguh?

Lol wow what an awful thread. Kys OP.

Top posts are Veeky Forums esssentials
Really makes you think...

fuck off

This post should be higher up!

No Land in sight, but at least someone suggested Bataille.

OP, why do troglodytes like you insist on discussing reddit constantly on Veeky Forums? Are you seeking validation for your reddit browsing habits from the "cool kids" corner of the internet?
Seriously fuck off with that shit if we wanted to talk about reddit shit we would go there not here.

the problem with those reddit threads is not necessarily the recommendations, but the absolutely retarded commentary.

>Rec: Johnny got his gun
>Comment: DID YOU KNOW THAT METALLICAS ONE WAS INSPIRED BY THIS

>Rec: There will Come soft rains by Bradbury
>Comment: SO ITS BASICALLY FALLOUT 4 FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE ROBOT BUTLER

>Rec: The Trial
>Comment: I read The Trial once, had no idea what was going on. Then I grew up, and as the years pass, I realize how accurately that book portrayed the clusterfuck that is modern bureaucracy.

Really makes you think

>FALLOUT 4

How did you like the narrative in Fallout 4?

I don't play video games

Well now I can't decide if I want to play Fallout 4 or read OPs link.

Play FO4, they talk about it in that link anyway. Save yourself.

Legitimately, it was shitty. Bethesda can't write for shit. The entire value of their narrative is in the mise-en-scene.

New Vegas on the other hand nailed the narrative.

is there anyone else on Veeky Forums who doesn't browse Reddit? for fuck sake, all I see is Reddit, Reddit, Reddit.

Cannot stand that fucking page layout, too.

You know, they also meaninglessly digressed into a 30-comment discussion of fallout 4 in the reddit thread, too

there are people that come from there that desperately want to make it ok to talk about their fave reddit moments on their edgy 4chin message board. If they had their way, that website would permeate every site on the internet

>is there anyone else on Veeky Forums who doesn't browse Reddit? for fuck sake, all I see is Reddit, Reddit, Reddit.
I use Reddit to build computers and keep up on the newest torrent and content sharing sites and shit because /g/ is full of cocksuckers, but r/books and content shit is the type of garbage I do what I can to avoid. You might as well join a goodreads or facebook literature group.

use RES

[–]automator3000 1897 points 1 day ago
Lolita.
>What other book makes you nod in agreement with a pedophile child rapist?

fucking ree etc.

>reddit
>good taste for dark books
Pick one. These are either completely obvious pick (120 days, Lolita) or completely banal (American Psycho, The Metamorphosis)

>meaninglessly
oh no!

stone cold

Pretty accute description of the Trial, desu.

The Origin of the Species.

>reddit
Sage goes in all fields

It was a fucking disgrace and affront to the name Fallout, managed to make FO3 look deep which is saying something and all this is made so crushingly clear by having New Vegas with its superb characterization and world building to compare against.

It did have nice environments though. Exploring Boston city or the Southern Swamp or especially blast zone was pretty great.

rape sux

William Gass - The Tunnel is unironically a good rec for this topic