Hi...

Hi. I'm going to write a story about a guy that's been a depressed robot for a few years who meets a failed normie 17/18 year old girl who's mentally ill and has abusive parents. I kind of want to give the robot an illness that he hides from the girl and he kinda helps her out with getting a Chad that she's liked for a while and living a normal life despite it hurting him because he likes her.

Sounds good? What could make it more dramatic?

DONT CRITICIZE ME
WE ALL START SOMEWHERE
I'm A 19 year old grill and I love YA

uninspired bait/10

It's not bait
I actually want to write.

cancer is hot in YA lately. diabetes might be cool too

I need a good twist though. I want it to be high concept :(
Cancer is typical
Diabetes is just whatever

micropenis

Psoriasis. It destroys his self esteem and maintains his robot status, even though it doesn't look that bad.

I'd like to add that I find your book's concept very depressing and I wouldn't have read it as a teenager.

check out the todd solondz movie warhorse, or any of his movies really

It will have a good ending though. I'm all about the power of love and friendship. I just want to write about how not everyone is living the typical teenage life and how depression isn't attractive.

phimosis

Stop.
How could I make this unique other than having the guy die or commit suicide at the end which is cliche.

Does anyone know what high concept is?

Full blown AIDS

down's syndrome

No I want the robot to be somewhat attractive

If he was somewha attractive, he wouldn't be a robot.

Do you even /r9k/ ?

if he can talk to girls he's a fucking normie

>roasties in charge of understanding robothood

Not an illness but he has a fucked up sexuality, he has to think about weird fucked up shit (extreme shit, opposite sexuality) to fuck her

what about multiple sclerosis?

>tell me if it sounds good
>what could make it more better?
>don't criticise me

Um. What?

what about it making him feel like a total faggot that he helps a girl he likes get a another man? What about him getting all kinds of fucked up because of her? What about describe his passions, and how she gave them an extra spark? What about people having a negative view of him, yet he's oblivious/tries not to think about it? If the latter, you could have him meltdown when the fact occasionally hits him. What about explain exactly what's going in the girl, since you are one? etc

I appreciate your response but your grammar is making it hard to understand...

You know that looks are only part of what COULD make someone a robot? Elliot Rodger wasn't ugly. He was autistic.

>but your grammar is making it hard to understand..
Jesus fuck, you're nitpickity. I skimmed through it, and I saw nothing wrong.

>What about him

What if you make him do this and that

>What about people having a negative view of him

what if, in your novel, people (other people) have a negative view of him

>what about explain exactly what's going on

you (the writer) can explain exactly what's going on etc

You make zero sense. Lol

Syphilis is overdue a sexy resurgence, become a pioneer OP

Is this bait?

No. I'm looking for how I can make the plot more interesting. Not a FUCKING disease

With a plot as boring as that, just make sure you delve into his insights. Make both of them fleshed out. Make sure the girl is not just some shitty MPDG.

What about making your protagonist a coprophiliac, in one scene you could have your protagonist eat the girl's turds in a fit of perfect ecstasy

how do I make the plot interesting? There's no spark

>"Lol" at the end of a sentence

I don't know, make the Chad a close friend of his or something.

OP

hey OP

Give your protagonist cerebral palsy

Guaranteed tear jerker

Literally read the post I made

Gonorrhoea

How about you fucking kill yourself you entitled faggot, jesus christ.

Okay so let me explain what I'm looking for

So high concept books are able to be summarized in a sentence. My favorite show the vampire diaries can be summarized as a girl falls in love with two vampire brothers. So it's not something mundane.

or a book where a girl goes to a school for delinquents

Something edgy idk
My story needs an edge
A mystery
A goal
Idk

Your protagonist should be addicted to masturbation. Whenever he's alone he should jack off and cry about how he can't stop jacking off. Deep stuff.

>favorite show the vampire diaries

Anonette.....

Just help with my story
What could make it unique?

Ok. I'll make another post since you ignored my other one.

Add some quirky characters in the story. Make the protagonist quirky. Make the girl quirky. Make the protagonist a nazi. Make him a politician trying to become a new Hitler.

Your main character should be quadriplegic and in a sentient wheelchair that teaches him about love

Call it Faster Than The Speed Of Love

Thank me later

I like it. Give this Anonette
(OP) more material.

>So it's not something mundane.

Vampires made mundane are the most mundane shit of the past decade

Holy...I want more...

Make your main character an autistic cuckold with a hook for a hand and a dick for an ear

Im talking about the twist is the vampires opposed to a typical love triangle between stupid children

Or the hunger games. That's high concept

Or a girl waking up on weeks before a guy at her school commits suicide and her goal is to prevent him from doing so

Something edgy but realistic ugh
Give me material

>be me, yesterday
>finally start to believe that women can write, and can have original ideas
>this Anonette here convinces me otherwise

This is borderline middleschool tier.

Oh well
Help me out

Read John Green for inspiration. I remember back to some girl in middleschool telling me about her story. It was something about a girl dying of cancer, and her mom killing herself afterwards. Work on that.

Holy shit. That's not what I asked for.

Why is this board filled with naked women?

Those aren't women.

The most common complaint you're going to receive is being another dumb woman telling all the kids that the most important thing in life is your relationship status

No. I'm trying to stress that friendship is important and being alone doesn't mean you're not human.

>friendship is important
>being alone doesn't mean you're not human
Don't those two contradict each other?

Two words, hun: Juvenile Alzheimer's. Very rare and very dank. They'll lap it up. He knows who the girl is but he's forgotten who HE is. The whole time he thought she was his sister (who had actually died at birth), which explains why be never makes sexual advances on her. She, who had felt rejected, realizes the truth too late. She gets the Alzheimer bug from him (from using the same toilet seat in quick succession) and becomes incontinent (verbally and otherwise). Meanwhile he gets an experimental drug and his memory, with the side effect of forgetting all about her (and never being able to use a toilet seat again). She, on the other hand, remembers him but doesn't remember why he's forgotten her, which leaves her in a state of constant bafflement (and incontinence). She dies years later of oniric necrosis. In a deus ex machina epilogue, the goddess Artemis appears and explains hit she's run out of arrows, this being the sole reason why she doesn't inflict more illnesses on those two, and not that they didn't deserve them. This should be enough for the first installment of the series.

Chickenpox

No. Humans are social creatures however, people shouldn't be labeled freaky or weird automatically for not having any because you don't know what they're going through.

Second, people need to realize that platonic relationships are important. How will you be a good SO if you're a terrible friend?

Make him, her, and chad, all secretive trannies, who have their double lives, and then it turns out the tranny chad falls inlove with the tranny robot, and than they meet the tranny girl, and they all become mormons, and she is the husband and they are the wives

After the girl and chad begin dating, one evening they invite the robot to dinner to third wheel. Before dessert (or after, or during appetizers... i dunno) they turn to him and tell him they are getting married, and want to know if he will be their best man.

At the wedding, the best man, is also the ring bearer, and when asked if there are any objections to the wedding, the robot objects, gets and makes a long speech professing his true love and what he has been through for the girl.

Everyone begins hysterically laughing for minutes, even the priest, children, old folks are taking out their teeth and crying.

The robot grabs the wife to be and runs out the door, and puts her in the trunk of his car, and speeds off, and then the book turns into a nation wide manhunt, while the robot has a lolita like experience with the girl, driving across the country to famous landmarks, and acting as if they are a couple, while her hands are tied up and such.

The title can be: When a Robot Malfunctions. Or, Robotic Malfunction

>The title can be: When a Robot Malfunctions. Or, Robotic Malfunction

>bringing Veeky Forums terms into the real world

I would suggest cancer, but the plot is tragic enough.

Its applicable, people dont need to know that there is a preciseish other meaning to the term robot and malfunction, they would read the story, and see how the character acts robotic, and perhaps see the mechanical aspects of humanity, potential heartlessness, how a person can change just like that, bringing to mind the idea of robots, the idea of malfunctioning. You are a cunt, the title is perfect

How about "Dr. Steinensteins Robot"

STOP. IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS POST IGNORE THIS THREAD. THERE ARE NO WOMAN HERE ( I KNOW YOU THINK THERE ARE). IGNORE THIS THREAD. IGNORE THIS BAIT THREAD. IGNORE. MOVE ON. SHITPOST SOMEWHERE ELSE. ANNIHILATE CANCER ON SIGHT. MPVE ALONG.

That's really edgy. I'm OP by the way. I picture the robot being shot on sight at the end though and I wanted him to have a good ending. He suffered enough.

YES THERE ARE WOMAN HERE

No offence, but your story is gonna suck le monke balls.

'Malfunction' would honestly work quite well.

but it's practice though
I wasn't going to try and publish.

MOVE ALONG CITIZENS. BAIT THREAD, NOTHING TO SEE HERE. RISE ABOVE YOUR PRIMAL INSTINCTS AND ABANDON THREAD IN PURSUIT OF KNOWLEDGE.