Does the Game Theory prove morals exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/109/26/10409.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

If by "morals" you mean "patterns of mutually beneficial actions", then yes.

Theft and murder are wrong, not because they are illegal, but because it is beneficial to everyone if we all live without an omnipresent specter of death, destruction and ruin overhead. We have made theft and murder illegal in order to enforce this desire to keep ourselves safe. The safety of others is secondary.

fuck you

what are you trying to say?

What did your mind process it as?

Prove? I don't think so. It implies morals exist, though obviously they are sometimes ignored. "Rules" and "consequences" are not always enforced, and the "payoffs" can sometimes throw the former two out of balance (ie a judge that sees a payoff if he reduces consequence or finds a loop hole in the rules).

This.
Generally "morals" are preached as universal and unchanging, this is not the case. It is wrong to refer to them as morals, as the definition is usually tied into some absolutist religion.

Game Theory: Jon Arbuckle's pipe is a cow tool?

god fucking dammit

fucking saved

"He swapped the stuff on the left with the stuff on the right, and left some sloppy white space on the left side"

loss

Really though, what am I missing?

>how to derail a thread 101

I see. Now there's a meme I was totally not aware of.

kek

i dont get it

Fucking end yourself

What?

fucking reddit queers.

Author of an incredibly stupid video game related webcomic decided to serious the fuck up and have a miscarriage episode.

It has been viciously mocked for years now on /v/. Now anything that vaguely resembles the composition is reworked to mimic it.

kek, god dammit.

WHAT THE FUCK ITS BEEN LIKE 8 HOURS AND NO ONE HAS ANSWERED WHAT SO FUCKING FUNNY ABOUT THIS TELL ME NOW REEEEEEE

Read the fucking thread brainlet it was answered at least 3 times.

really makes u think ...

Nice

reddit fucking shit

Tok kep

lol fuck you

lmao, this meme is abstract as fuck now

fucking /v/irgings

>Not being aware of well-known Veeky Forums maymays
>Not browsing multitudes of Veeky Forums boards to acquaint yourself with may mays
Reddit fucker pls go

lel

Thank you user. You are a better person than the ones who keep calling anyone who doesn't get it "reddit."

>Be a redditor
>Get angry when you're called out

You need to go back.

ITT people are actually think its normal to have an encyclopedic knowledge of memes

I was at ground zero for that and still don't see it really.

I haven't been there for years. I just happen to have a life and no time to catch up on those autistic memes.

being able to spot lost no matter how abstract it is is a sign of high intelligence

maybe, but more specifically it's a sign of wasted intelligence.

haha brainlet

Game Theory is just another golden lie people tell themselves to try to justify immoral and greedy behavior that is prevalent in modern society, but is blatantly destructive and and immoral.

It's just another incarnation of malthusianism. Another attempt to reduce humans to nothing but greedy savages.

I'm at a loss as to why this is getting so many replies.

This, I really surprised that this sort of post has to be repeated so often.

Can people not tell the difference?

It doesn't even imply that.

Half of the people in my country can't think critically. I'm not surprised about anything.

This is true (mathematically speaking) only if you have anonymous-one-time-interactions between the players.
Maybe (hopefully) people, and economy, will change their point of view on this. There is a famous paper by Freeman Dyson which shows, that in iterated prisoner dilemma, the nash-equilibria is reached by cooperative strategies:
pnas.org/content/109/26/10409.abstract
I've heard, that some people expect him to get the nobel price for that (but it's just rumors).

kek

No, it just proves you can manipulate people based on the imaginary part of their realities. Anyone else doing a little Wirtschaft on the side?