What is the best resource for learning Python Veeky Forums?

What is the best resource for learning Python Veeky Forums?

Ta.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
composingprograms.com/
checkio.org/
cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html
datasciencecourse.org/
coursera.org/learn/python
docs.python.org/3/
w3schools.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Programming_Textbook_Recommendations#Python

FPBP

I have to program in R and Python2 and Python3. I hate Python because of this fact, but I fucking can't avoid it.

There's a "Introduction to Python for Data Science" course starting on edX aoon, hopefully it's good

composingprograms.com/

checkio.org/

Make something. Have a specific project you want to work on, and work on it. Optimise your code as you go.

Codeacademy is pretty adequate, but the website is really bad about asking for money.

Whatever you do, don't do "Learn Python the Hard Way"

It should be called "Learn Python from an idiot instruction". Its just a shitty book, and is purposefully vague to be snarky.

CMU has a course, click on each topic there are mini video lectures cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html

Unless you can already program then just just glance through that course to get the gist of it's syntax and go get a gigantic reference python book

This CMU course is also in python datasciencecourse.org/ but the lecture videos are behind logins (the notes are available)

I learned the basics from this
coursera.org/learn/python
Then just solved problems on hackerrank

I enjoyed "Programming python" and "Learning python" by Mark Lutz. You can learn more advanced concepts from official documentation and tutorials on specific libraries (like numpy or scipy).

I'm enjoying "A Concise Introduction to Programming in Python" by Mark Johnson, right now. It covers all the basics for what you would actually need a computer for i.e. making function tables for complicated functions, finding primes, finding limits, etc.

I actually got a lot out of that book. Granted, python was my first real programming language, but it still helped me quickly get to an adequate level.

docs.python.org/3/
Don't get retarded, outdated, memey books and tutorials. Regarding programming languages, APIs, everything like that; just go straight to the documentation. Always keep the references up and ready when working on something.

Assuming you're not a brainlet and you understand basic programming concepts, the documentation will always be vastly superior to all other resources.

python for data analysis

Recommend a source then, smartie

Those interactive programming sites have become pretty good. If that is your first language that is. Else, just read the fucking docs.

>smartie
Shouldn't you be in school, kid?

Doesn't Spyder use an IPython console?

And not a single recommendation was made.

Who are you

for simple questions for general stuff w3schools is good. w3schools.com/

I posted my tutorial and help noobs in a sci discord server. Can't post link here on account of autistic janitor

I liked "Learning Python" from mark lutz. you can find that free on the internet, but has about 1500 pages