"I've done work that the wrath of God, fire, steel, time itself will never destroy...

"I've done work that the wrath of God, fire, steel, time itself will never destroy. Let that day come when it will that will end my life, the day that controls nothing but my body. The greater part of me will fly eternal through the highest stars, and my name will last forever. Wherever on earth people enjoy good music, my name will be on their tongues, and if the stories are true, I will live for an eternity by my fame." - Kanye West

Do you think he deserved to be locked in a mental institution? Some of his lyrics are really pretty clever.

Is this genuine, is this bait, is this ironic memery, is this post-ironic memery, or is this post-post-ironic memery?

It's posteriorironic hemimemetics

Well it isn't genuine.

Who actually said that?

OP did, just now.

MBDTF is pretty lit desu senpai

nigger tell me where the quote is from or I will tighten trade sanctions with your country

No I mean OP literally just made it up.

"I'm special and ya'll motherfuckers could never been like me, bask in the radiance of my ego."

That's all he had to say geez

No I didn't, it's not in the exact wording but you're a pleb if you don't recognize where that quote is from. It's very famous.

Damn. Well, it's good quote.

You might even go so far as to say that it really made me think.

just tell me

Google gave me nothing, so I think you did indeed make it up.

Maybe the quote isn't originally in English.

I'll give you a hint: it's at the very end of one of the longer poems from antiquity.

fuck off man
I just liked the quote and I wanted to know where it originated.
No need to be all private tracker about it.

tfw got 60gb from the PTH FL

Oh wait, I think I remember. Is it based on something in the Iliad

The poet's name starts with an O

...aaaaand it's Ovid

I'm well-versed in Western philosophy and literature, and Kanye West is my favorite musical artist. I personally really dislike some of his newer stuff, but I have to respect the progression and thematic choices made for each album and period of his career. His early stuff is a really poignant memoir of the problems within the black community that are far more complex than, "it's the white man's fault."

its only lit compared to other mainstream

what did you think of TLOP?