Shitty covers

Is there anywhere I can find a paperback edition of Knausgaard that doesn't look like this shit?

Also shitty covers general.

The old one was hideous, but this picture of the author shit is worse to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZQE7AWiFo9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learn Norwegian faglord

Those are still shitty covers, though anything beats authors face on the cover

this is the norwegian paperback, design by yngve

learn to current year, gramps

is the title really a reference to Mein Kampf?

what do you think

a little bitty :^)

he is a nazi? or is it ironic?

Consider suicide

Still ugly, though. Why do publishers do this?, it's annoying.

it's meta-ironic, just read him desu senpai

Is this book really the most intensely masturbatory collection of words gathered in one place? Not trolling, but that's what it sounds like from the description.

just wait a couple of decades and pengnuin/nyrb will do a reissue with some basic af Munch painting, like every Hamsun book ever

Stil better than these shitty editions, look at the Spanish ones.

Yes
Never read anything so self indulgent

just read 'em laddie, they're fun

how can one man be so based?

Thanks for confirming. I mean, he is just some guy. He's not like a Nork political prisoner who escaped to the west, or Nelson Memedela or something.

Very audacious title, that.

>drinks coke in every fucking book. Never even mentions a Pepsi product
I smell shilling. Fucking karl ove

>wow i can't even this male is too white and to privileged to talk about his life

kys

Blood Meridian got dealt a shitty hand

The first one looks Oprah/mom tier and the second one looks tacky as shit

atleast the right one looks nice in your shelf, but yeah shitty cover

I get that literacy might be new to you, and correctly inferring meaning from multiple sentences is a step beyond the level of word recognition that you seem to be at.

This guy titles his book My Struggle, and he is clearly not on a level of our beloved Fuhrer, or even a locally recognized symbol of struggle, whether white, Armenian, or a Zionist such as yourself.

Russell Brand titled his books appropriate to the level of depth the reader might genuinely expect. This guy, not so much.

>people who name books after other books must have gone through the same thing as the writer of the other book

Nice arbitrary shit you're making up there, family.

I like the spine design of those editions, but yah, the cover pictures are pretty bad (except for Book 4).

Honestly

just

give me matte tan background with title in There Will Be Blood style font, medium sized, centered

>dfw I bought the one on the right

Worst mistake in my life.

the fucking font is horrid, I prefer the typewritten looking font that's in the older vintage editions of his books. The clean font of the new books is an actual injustice to the text.

Danish covers best covers.

>He doesn't understand that all life is struggle in Scandinavia

We literally live every single day in defiant opposition to the universe. The sun doesn't rise for four months in the winter.

honestly, who thought these covers were a good idea?

looks like disgusting genre fiction minus the stock photos

this may be the worst idea anybody has ever head, jesus

All 3 of these are god awful.
Vintage does some shitty ass covers
Picador's went from GOAT to shit

>vintage does some shitty ass covers

They're a real mixed bag. Some of them I like but some are awful or just plain boring.

is this book any good? I've had it for a while now on my readlist

youtu.be/ZQE7AWiFo9s

With emoji hearts on the front cover?

Oooh, yeah, I like those.

Clouds make good covers, who'da thought :^)

Is Karl playing in a band? Is he the Kurt Cobain of our generation?

Wait for the film. He's working on a script right now.

Every time I see this cover I think it's the guy from Slayer for a second

I searched blood meridian on google images for the cover on the bottom right but jesus all this cancer

b-but muh reddit abstract minimalist covers

That picture makes the book and the author look really pretentious.
Cuándo será que Anagrama dejará de usar portadas tan asquerosas?

Those minimalistic DeLillo covers are nice.

Gotta disagree with you. Those look tacky as fuck.

That Underworld cover is horrendous. Looks it's playing the circle game with you.

Covers like this, from an era before graphic artists designing commercial art seemed to have any style, always remind me of the dread of being assigned a book in class that you just have a feeling will be awful. I think works like these were made out of necessity just because the book needed a cover, but what publisher could give a shit about how it looked?

usually penguin classic covers are amazing except for the penguin classics symbol. I like the idea of a black bottom half and then a top part of classical art depicting the novel

You don't know what tacky means, please just fuck off

Um. Maybe you're having an off day, so I won't hold this against you user, but you should think a little bit more before you post like this next time.

considering how Pafko At The Wall ends it validates even more why it would look like that

Shame pic related is no longer avaliable

Stoner one aint too bad

You think the modern you is good though? The designers think theyre going for style and le minimalism is popular but in the end its also trash like

It was embarrassing to be seen reading this at work, but it was my library'a only copy.

ahhh too late, bought it :(

That's the review score.

I think the potential for better covers is out there, but the potential for publishers to commission boring, trendy, minimslistic covers is also there.

he's so based (but look at the empty space behind his books. It's really make you think)

What's wrong with the Delilo and Pynchon. The stoner one looks like a stock image desu

whats right with them?

I meant the covers of those books not the authors

Just got this

Brave New World, btw.

This is actually good minimalism though

the pynchon is just where's waldo and the delillo doesn't go with the book at all

I'm at the part where he talks about his curved dick

nah its bland. I prefer this

I admire it for being different, but the imagery of becoming red-pilled is never not cheesy.

>Is there anywhere I can find a paperback edition of Knausgaard that doesn't look like this shit?

Whew, lads. If you think the cover looks like shit, wait until you open it.

Not really. In Norwegian "Min Kamp" in german "mein kampf" in english "my struggle". Its a perfectly normal thing to say.

Picture probably taken while he is doing research on Hitler and Germany for his last book. (which was very enjoyable btw)
fuck you those are good covers

Is Knausgaard similar to Bjorneboe? I got in to him recently and really enjoyed his perspective.

JUST

Polish one. fucking stock pictures

Fuck

not really

Honestly not inaccurate.

It fucked me up so much the time I saw this in a real, live, meatspace bookshop.

>My heart is full of death and anime

serbian and croatian edition of first book.

How is his name translatable? What does "gard" mean?

It's the same thing we do with Russian names - Дocтoeвcкiй becomes Dostoyevsky. Serbs write exactly as they speak.