What's the essential Jewish literature?

The Torah

>inb4 it's a 'le epic /pol/ bait' thread

mozzart

the bible
the protocols of the learned elders of zion

>reading the written Jew

It's not, I think Jews are great.

Are there any good modern works of fiction that deal with the Jewish experience?

google it n-rd

Portnoy's Complaint is hilarious

I think jewesses are pretty great.

read about Nazism, there are new books about that every year

>I think Jews are great.

Good Goy!

the turner diaries desu

These weren't predictable responses

Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Saul Bellow and Roth

>this this this this this
my parents basically raised me on Seinfeld and wonder now why I don't have any friends

>What's the essential Jewish literature?

Mainstream media

dont you hate it when your belt touches the urinal. now i gotta get a new belt

hits way to close too home

Kafka

David Golder

Primo Levi

Isaac Bashevis Singer

The talmood

The Chosen - Chaim Potok
My Name Is Asher Lev - Chaim Potok
Night - Wiesel
Call It Sleep - Henry Roth
Khirbet Khizeh - S. Yizhar **Must read**

my diary desu

You Gentiles
The Jewish Century
The Culture of Critique
Judaism's Strange Gods

Jews can't into art tbf

The Turner Diaries

jews invented art

They also invented a religious framework that's enslaved most of the world. They turned Europeans from masters to slaves.

You have paraphrased what i've said.

Herzog, by Saul Bellow.

Russian Jew in Chicago and New York post WW2, struggling for meaning while being chained to his past as an immigrant in a new land, while further still being stressed by his status as a father, a lover, a husband, and a man.

Much better than my description could prove. I read it this year and loved it

For fiction you could try Sholem Aleichem's stuff. I took a Jewish Lit class my senior year of college for the sole purpose of find a THIQ Jewess to bang, and we read "Tevye the Dairyman"--the basis for Fiddler on the Roof, and I thought it was burdy gud. Even discovered the paper I wrote about it on my computer the other month and it didn't make me cringe so I must have been into it.

Also try Philip Roth.

did you bang a jewess

>no mention of Yehuda Amichai

Yeah, she wasn't super pretty but she checked the right boxes. Big nose, DSLs, dat ass. Freshman so she was the easiest.

Do you mean books written by jews or books about jews and judaism?

Dude, of course he means by Jews. So save all your edgelord /pol/ shit.

The Tanakh and the Talmud. Possibly the Zohar as well.

I own a copy of his works, but I wasn't very into it. I'll probably give it another try though. Sometimes I'm too judgemental on my first exposure to things.

>Ctr+F "Spinoza"
>0 Results

Sasuga, Veeky Forums

how is asking this any indication of being a /pol/ack? ive been jewish my whole life and wanted clarification before i answered. There are tons of books about the history of judaism like the Tanakh and then jewish authors like Allen Ginsberg and Saul Bellows, not to mention the probably largely fictionalized stories of holocaust "surrvivors" like Eli Wiesel and Anne Frank

also any text about the Kabbalah is very interesting from a historical aspect of mystical monotheosm even though there is no Rabbi i know of that openly teaches this form of the Tanakh and Talmud.

Wikipedia has a pretty decent selection of beginner Kabbalic texts if you look up the primary texts section

maus

>Holocaust "survivors"
>not a /pol/ack

Wew.

Eli Weisel might have survived the holocaust, but most of what he wrote has been simply not true. I think he's the one who said that Night was "real to me" after admitting it didnt happen the same way in the novel.

I will admit that i used the quotes around survivor wrong, but it doesn't change the fact Eli Weisel made up his book and has in turn put a lot of holocaust survivor books legitimacy into questiob

The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump

kek

Anne Frank's diary desu

Anne Franks diary is a pathetic cash in by her fatherl. I don't understand why so many people suffered through the holocaust with interesting stories and then we have fraudsters telling stories of how jews were made into soap bars and lamp shades. Its like these guys wants people to believe that the holocaust never happened when fringe jews make up the most wild and categorically false information.

>jews were made into soap bars and lamp shades.

Is that really in the Diary of Anne Frank? I've never read I just know it was banned because she talks about her labia and shit.

Philip Roth's entire oeuvre

Probably Saul Bellow as well, but I read The Actual and it actually did nothing for me.

It's this and Bruno Schulz tbqfh

not in her diary no, but several jewish holocaust survivors said that happened in the death camps. when they were shown evidence that this didnt happen at all, they recanted

fuck bro I was just trying to make a "my diary desu" joke and you had to flip the fuck out...

How has no one listed this? This used to be a bit of a meme when it came out. Poor Joshua Cohen is going to cry when he finds out you guys forgot him.

I really like Isaac Singer.

Picked it up on a whim and expected whiny Jewish hysterics but it really surprised me.

Traumnovelle

>how jews were made into soap
That happened but it was the Croatian Ustase and mostly Serbs that got turned into soap. So not catehorically false.

It upsets me to see people who claim stuff like this as a general holocaust crime then go on to say "and see how many people died in concetration camps around Serbia" to imply Serbs were Nazis or something.

>Croatian Ustase and mostly Serbs that got turned into soap.
I mean the Ustase turned Serbs into soap.

Croatian nazis had conceration camps where they killed/tortured Serbs Gypsys Jews
I dont know about Serbia

This
Read his first two books and see if you like him

yea. saying jews are great is probably considered good to do for a goy.

Sure is a controversial super ironic statement you made there.

my man

Etgar Keret is one of my favorite writers ever.

unironically Germany Must Perish by Nathan Kaufman

It really helps you out figuring the sore relations of jews and europeans in the beginning of the 20th century and wonder how one mans stupidity could be used so extensively as a medium in the annihilation of his race

The Guide for the Perplexed

>Anne Franks diary is a pathetic cash in by her fatherl.

Apparently the father actually sued the writer of the book. A Jew jewing a jew jewing goyim

The Talmud is very good as long as you have a Rabbi to guide you through it so that you might not misunderstand some things ;^).