Why should I bother memorizing this shit

Why should I bother memorizing this shit.

I am so glad I am not a chemcuck

>chemlets

Shit feels utterly pointless. Its like a more advanced version of mixing mountain dews to get a new flavor.

>not having eidetic memory.

Why even live?

dont memorize it, thats all very simple, LEARN the mechanisms, you'll find all these reactions make much more sense then

Agreed.
Memorising reactions instead of understanding the mechanisms is as stupid as memorising theorems word for word.

>feeling stupid because i can't memorize simple chemistry
>i know, I'll post on Veeky Forums asking why i should even bother as if it was easy for me
>make sure to get circuit board in the picture too so anons think i'm extra smart ;^)

kys desu also saged

/thread

>memorizing chemistry
brainlet detected

>Why should I bother memorizing this shit.

Pre-med Asian detected.

triggered chemfag grad student here

you have no idea how amazing chemistry is. the labs in undergrad teach you nothing.

I kinda get that but I really dont get that. Like we got nucleophilic attacks, proton transfers, loss of leavings groups and carbocations. And reagents cause these somehow. Am I suppose to understand what chemicals cause these patterns to occur and how/why? Holy Fuck I am lost

Because knowing random facts makes you smart :^)

Pic related
Why should I memorize this?

because believe it or not, it does come in sort of useful later in DiffEq.

Exactly, and that's why op should memorise his basic chemical reactions just like he is supposed to memorize the ethyl groups.

Learn the mechanism behind it, not the whole reactions.

Chemistry (especially Ochem) is pretty intuitive, and almost everything can be deduced from atomistic.

Nobody uses calculus in real life, much less diff equations

>inb4 yes you do!

No you dont. Do a basic search of "use of calculus on the job" and the results are filled with engineers that never do

Yes; you should be able to suggest a mechanism for each pathway in the OP pic.
Maybe you should get a different textbook, if you're doing ochem as a module.
I've used Clayden and really like it mostly. It's mainly organised by mechanism type
so instead of a chapter on alkynes, you get electrophilic addition to alkenes, which
covers alkynes as well, and it's built up so you can usually predict mechanisms
before they're given, which the text encourages you to do.

Becouse you were too stupid to attend physics.

Because that's pretty much easy. Everybody knows Pythagoras theorem.

Electricians use a lot of differential equations. There's even a differential equation called telegraphist's equation which tells you how to calculate the noise your signal goes under.

excuse my autism, but why is it x/3, x/6, x/4 rather than 60, 30, and 45, respectively?