Prove your intelligence Veeky Forums

Prove your intelligence Veeky Forums

Because the distilled water isn't isotonic

>Don't know about Hypernatremia
>Go fuck yourself brainlet

i'm not even a medfag but I can guess that distilled water will suck up the minerals and cause the minerals in the body to become dilluted and you're going to piss them away faster

OP here, I was expecting more guys.

If you hooked up an IV of distilled water to your bloodstream it would not be Isotonic to the blood cells, which when compared to the saline solution it is isotonic to the blood cells which means that the osmotic rate of movement of the water that goes in and out of the cells is equal which would not cause the cells the swell, or shrivel thus causing no harm to the patient as if the distilled water were to be hooked up it would cause swelling of the blood cells which can cause an array of health issues.

Question #2

Other way around. The water will go into your cells and eventually your cells will burst, because there's too much water in them

Ok m8, I guess my answer wasn't good enough

nope. Here is an easy one. Awnser it brainlet

but why it is okay to drink sugared water? seems like fake

Because the water isn't isotonic

Knowledge about a subject =/= Intelligence

Here, I proved it along the fact you are a brainlet who doesn't know what intelligence means

>biology/medicine
Automatic brainlet

elaborate

You are asking us to prove our intelligence using our knowledge of osmosis/diffusion.

But said knowledge isn't a factor affecting intelligence so a right answer will only prove that the poster is knowledgeable about this specific subject but it's impossible to determine their intellect - therefore, nothing will be proven except that OP is a brainlet for thinking that solving his problem is a proof of intellect

answer please OP

not really I just wanted to see if someone knew the answers. And so far it seems like your avoiding answering them instead of actually answering them.
So if you can formulate and actual answer then ill believe u.

its hard.

>I just wanted to see if someone knew the answers
'kay then
I never studied Biology/Medicine, I am from EE

this is from basic science's my friend.

It throws off the blood's PH. In addition it could cause hyperdiuresis and cause hypo (The one where the cells explode because too much water)

"Isotonic saline" isn't actually isotonic. It is very slightly hypertonic

Because the salt goes into your cells and punches out all the good guy water and doesn't let it back in amiright

OP was the one in the right. A competent scientist would have a high probability of knowing this stuff, even if they were a physicists. You shouldn't criticize people who ask interesting questions for no reason other than they aren't in your field.

I heard that it was actually an evolutionary mechanism. I mean feet and other loose areas of skin don't shrivel nearly the way fingers do indicating either the flesh/skin of fingers are different and needs to be accounted for in the explanation, or it is evolutionary.

It's to improve grip on smooth stones if climbing when wet

simple buoyancy problem. the more water you drink, the faster your density approaches that of seawater, thus you sink and die faster.

>prove you are not a brainlet

>>>highschool-level biology
>>>osmosis

What the fuck am I reading?

To be fair some of it is taught in College. Someone once told me a PHD in physics is just making sure you know undergraduate physics really well.

I aint a greenthumb but Im thinking... too much nutrients will mean the osmosis will suck the water out of the plant.

ded plant.

This is false. The swelling is neurologically caused. A dead body's skin doesn't wrinkle the way a live one does.

Who makes these questions? Trump?

>ctrl f potassium
0 results

distilled water might lead to RBC's lysis (due to the swelling mentioned 100 times by brainlets) releasing potassium to the plasma, which messes with your hearts electrical impulse creation due to a change in the electrical gradients and you can die because the cardiac muscle cells do not contract at the same time or stop doing it
this is how you can die and that's the most important thing
that's really not deadly for the most part

OP destroyed by a superior intellect

Hi, I'm a 2nd grade teacher and you need to use periods. There's no places to breath in this sentence.

you've come to the wrong board brainlet

all the salt from your cells would leave in order to try and balance the water, thus making them become hypertonic to which they shrivel up and die

Additionally, distilled water is not sterile, therefore there is risk of introducing infection directly into systemic circulation.

I once thought of something so amazing, even I, with my massive brain, could not comprehend it.

Lol. Your cells will fill with water but not extrude because there is no even concentration gradient to satisfy. Your cells will fill and everything probably burst. Patients have died from this mistake. This is taught in a normal freshman biology class. Brainlet detected.