Be retard

>Be retard
>Leave modern SUV running in garage closed with the heater on as I take a piss and drink orange juice
>2-5 minutes later
>Go in and turn it the car off before opening garage
>Go back inside (Stupid I know)
>Finish food and check the detector, detector says no CO is in house. Is it because of the vent filters or my door being shut?
>Drive to work in the car, with widows open on a windy day for a minute, then let it vent out with the windows open.
>Got about a minute of fresh outdoor air

It's been days but I'm still scared of delayed problems?

Should I be concerned or am I just a pussy?

Other urls found in this thread:

abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-concentrations-table-aen-172/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In faster words, I might have been exposed to 15 - 30 seconds of garage CO to turn it off from at worst, 5 minutes of running.

I haven't passed out or had any trouble breathing. Will I be fine?

You'll be alright besides the minor loss of ~30 IQ points.

CO is not dangerous, CO2 is though.

Is this really true? Did it do that much damage?

CO poisons you by binding tightly with hemoglobin thereby displacing the oxygen. If you just expose yourself to air, then the oxygen will eventually displace the CO. And the hemoglobin itself will eventually be recycled along with the erythrocytes that contain in within a month.

tl;dr if you didn't suffocate immediately you'll be fine

>it's been days
then you're fucking fine you wimp
CO poisoning symptoms would show up in hours at the latest, not days

But I went straight inside after opening the garage for minutes then I took off in my car with the window opening for a lil bit

I certainly didn't much fresh oxygen after the whole thing.

No delayed symptoms for people who didn't get pure oxygen?

if you didn't get immediate poisoning symptoms you don't need oxygen treatment

is it too late to fix this? I feel like if any CO got into me, it's done it's damage maybe. I have been feeling quite tired but I'm not sure if that's due to my stress or dehydration and I've always been lazy slow and sad so I'm not sure

Should I do any tests?

I went the day feeling slow but that might have been due to my 3 hours of sleep. Also the next day my feet and legs started to sleep for a minute but I'm not sure if that's related or just me not moving that much in my life.

Also I replied to myself because I had another question for

you're fine

You should make preparations just in case, it doesn`t hurt. Symptoms could be delayed for up to a week in some cases.

Plz take more care user. Be thoughtful. Become wise. Resources are finite.

seems like you dont have much to begin with so i dont think you need to worry

If i remember right, newer cars don't even emmit enough CO to commit suicide. So i think there won't be any complications and if you did not pass out or something, i assume there was not much carbonmonoxide bound to your Hemoglobin, so, no problem, relax.

Well, me again, if the motor was cold, the catalytic converter might not have worked properly but this does not change the fact that you would have felt serious symptoms.

This is backwards. CO2 can asphyxiate you, yes, but CO will give you lung damage too.

"Carbon monoxide inhalation, such as that from a car exhaust and the smoke's emission from a lighted cigarette: carbon monoxide has a higher affinity than oxygen to the hemoglobin in the blood's red blood corpuscles, bonding with it tenaciously, and, in the process, displacing oxygen and preventing the blood from transporting oxygen around the body"-Wikipedia

When does CO get out of me ? Could there be damage even if it's all out????

What's the safety mark for when I know I'm perfectly fine? A month?

>decide to end my neetdom and virginity
>lead a hose from the exhaust to inside the car
>get inside and fire it up
>~10 minutes later the stench is unbearable and I leave because it's clearly not going to kill me anymore than some other nasty eyewatering smell

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a meme. As a matter of fact after that ordeal i'm convinced all that bullshit about toxic pollutions and so on is so titanically exaggerated that it's essentially a bogeyman for normalfaggots.

Take it easy, if you didn't even have a headache or feel lethargic you're fine. Just get some air. You'd need concentrations of > 1600 ppm to be seriously hurt.

So uh, how long was that?

Did you go to the doctor and get pure oxygen?

Did you really breathe CO?

Are you okay now? Is there any problems? Do you feel slower and have issues?

>if you didn't even have a headache or feel lethargic

But I kind of did

I'm scared guys I really am

You had three hours of sleep and are suffering from a panic attack. Just go outside take deep breaths and try to calm down. I do the same shit all the time, you just need to keep repeating the facts to yourself and taking deep calming breaths.
The half life of carbon monixide in the blood is 3 to 4 hours. After a few days there is no risk.

You are being a hypochondriac right now.
>15 - 30 seconds of garage CO
For fuck's sake user. You are FINE. I can sympathise (I stress out anytime I e.g. bump my head on a cupboard door) but try to be rational here. You don't lose brain cells because of some brief fucking exhaust fumes in your garage. You don't have blood poisoning, you don't need any god damn oxygen therapy. It's not worth thinking twice about, never mind stressing over it for days.

>if any CO got into me, it's done it's damage
There's always some in the air (0.2ppm typical, 9ppm over 8h period allowed by ASHRAE, your home CO alarm probably doesn't activate until 80ppm reached for hours...). It's not an instant death poison which you can't allow to touch you; its danger is a function of concentration and time.

Google tells me a cold 1990's car running in a garage for 2 minutes would produce 500ppm. Even at 800ppm it would be 45mins before you would even notice "Dizziness" or "nausea" from CO.

abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-concentrations-table-aen-172/

Hope this helps. Stop worrying about it, there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

but it was running for minutes :(

>Modern SUV
>Am I a pussy?

Yes, you're a pussy.

And? You breathed a moderately high concentration of CO for a short period, then retreated to a location with normal air (your home), and then left for a ventilated area (your open-windowed car), and proceeded to another area with normal air (your workplace). You apparently don't even have any symptoms that don't correlate with sleep deprivation. There is absolutely no problem here.

And you were breathing for seconds. Fucking chill.

Your car has a catalytic converter in the exhaust line, that reduced the amount of CO by 80% compared to cars without. In your garage was a higher concentration of CO2, stinky fumes and some CO. But not enough to hurt you from that little exposure.

Jesus, chicken little.

okay thanks

also i worked out after it (I'm an indoor tennis instructor)

You seem to have neurosis. Don't think that much about it, modern SUVs are for cucks who wants to save the ecosystem and nowadays cars are full of green shit.

>catalytic converter

but my car had an orange thing of a catalytic converter symbol so must have not been working!!!!!

ditto

user, I too suffer from health anxiety.
Once I left a gas stove on for ~3 hours and thought I was a goner because the flame wasn't completely blue. I'm constantly overthinking things and worrying about stupid things I do (like breathing in hot air from the dryer or oven). It's no way to live. You are fine and you will be fine. I would be panicking too, for days after the fact. Your anxiety about it is giving you symptoms (like the numbness etc) and it's a slippery slope. Sorry I sound like a total faggot but I can sense that desperation to be sure you'll be ok in your posts and it reminds me of how I get. Think about how many people survive house fires or regularly heat up their car in their garage and are exposed to that regularly. Your body is strong and if you convince yourself you are weak you will become weak, if you think it did brain damage you will feel slower.