I'm writing a fantasy story where a character (willingly) disappears into another dimension

I'm writing a fantasy story where a character (willingly) disappears into another dimension.

What would the most plausible consequences of this action be?
Would it affect the memories of others about this person? Or reverse his/her deeds? (I guess not.)
What are other consequences to consider?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He would disappear into another dimension.

>>>lit
This has nothing to do with science

Sliders tv-series.

If multiverse, the character is just trapped or in another dimension, no memories altered. I guess the consequence is that you would not be able to return to the exact point in your dimension in which you exited from.

>disappears into another dimension.
Please do not write any such story until you actually know what "dimension" means.

The tetrahedron dimension?

The nonary dimension?

Interesting. Why that?

define dimension

Dimension X
written by t.brainlet
coming out in 2005

Your concept isn't really new in fantasy fiction, so you have plenty examples.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction)

In fiction you can define what happens. As long as you are consistent and use at least the kind of logic that can be defined if not proven. Maybe in a multiverse only a pair can be switched between worlds. If you need for the character to be erased from history when they are 'dislocated' to the other world, have every event after conception altered to fit a world where they are not. You can get funding for the movie from the religious crowd, by mentioning in the script that the soul and all it inhabited is transferred.. anyhow, that would make it interesting, as the person in the receiving world would at the 'moment' of transmission shift in their mind to all the memories of the world of departure.

It plays on the fact that you cannot go forward or backwards in time directly inside the universe your in but outside of said universe, you would hypothetically be able to see your universe at a certain distance before or after the events you have been a part of transpire. But I guess the closer you get to your original dimension or universe, the more immersed in that universe's version of time you get thereby speeding things back up to the present the closer you get to said universe.

if a person goes behind a door any big objects they literally disappears into another dimension

wut?

the person hided in a dimesion
there is no way of seeing this person, without moving in the same dimension they moved

So if one is not in your line of sight, they are not in your dimension? Or is it just not in the same room?

He means you have no clue what "dimension" means.

>So if one is not in your line of sight, they are not in your dimension?
no, but they could
just like in a 2d world there would be no way of knowing that a being are standing on top of you, there is no way of knowing if there is or there is not a being looking at you in the 4th dimension

>He gets cat girls.
>He would remember his past life and walking through the portal.
>He will get to bang said cat girls.

End

they die

>there is no way of knowing if there is or there is not a being looking at you in the 4th dimension

/x/ was right