Is this the most Veeky Forums anime? If not what is?

Is this the most Veeky Forums anime? If not what is?
(Of course I'm just talking about the anime in relation to the book, the main point of discussion in this thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1i0643HZjkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haibane Renmei
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell
Mononoke
Tatami Galaxy

Unironically this.

>space opera
>Veeky Forums

Also has anyone else read the licensed editions? The translation is pretty disappointing but it's nice to finally have them on my shelf.

is Mamoru Oshii /ourguy/?

Utena is you pleb

I'd dare say. GITS films are excellent, and the Kerberos film trilogy is also very good - The Red Spectacles is one of my favorite movies and Straydogs is the comfiest thing ever. Jin Roh was also really grim and cold. Pic related is a beautiful work of art that does a perfect job at expressing existential melancholy.

this
Haibane Renmei is great but
>Ergo Proxy
>Ghost in the Shell
are precisely the kind of anime you will enjoy if you HAVEN'T read a book in your life

my niggas
what did you think of penguindrum?

I liked it. Liked lesbian bears too, although for different reasons

Watched Angel's Egg a few weeks ago, very beautiful. Read Brian Ruh's Stray Dog immediately after. I'm endlessly fascinated with Oshii's portrayl of cities

I highly recommend Sky Crawlers. It got a ludicrously bad rep for its contemplative mood and lack of action, but I can't keep myself from coming back to it every now and then.

youtube.com/watch?v=1i0643HZjkY

Aren't you supposed to play a game while watching this?

A what? Why?

tomino shit of course

There was a wii game companion that acts as a prequel

There's a short this season.

How do you even know that an anime is "Veeky Forums"?

The Berserk manga is Veeky Forums kino

If I had spent enough time watching anime to have any stick by which to measure them, I'd not have spent enough time reading literature with which to compare. Good day.

>If I had spent enough time watching anime

wasted, more like

fuck get your jap cartoons off my board

there is no lit anime

No additional media is necessary prior to - or during - watching Sky Crawlers.

I would also like to add Only Yesterday as another example of a beautiful slow burner.

I thought that was implicit.

I find Jiro Taniguchi's manga to be quite Veeky Forums

He said on a website which was originally designed for the discussion of anime and manga.

He's a very respected artist in Europe, notably in France where he was even knighted. Even collaborated with Moebius, the talented bastard.

I'd also single out Taiyo Matsumoto and Inio Asano as shining beacons in the East.