Who is your favourite villain in literature?

Who is your favourite villain in literature?

Leftist """thought"""

Jesus of Nazareth

God

Antigone.

Outstanding job of creating a whiny liberal threatening the order and stability of a state will irrational "feelings" discourse.

>wants to make sure her dead brother received a proper funeral
>liberal muh feels

Huuuurrr

>not wanting to make an example of a traitor who betrayed his polis and led an army against it

You wouldn't last a day in Creon's shoes. This is why you will never be a dictator.

Dolores Haze

The White Whale desu

>tfw your favorite villain isn't in literature at all
>feels doomsday clown man

That clown is literally me.

old white men

god

Ahab was the better villain

judge holden ez

Depends, does God count?

Robbie Rotten

Mersault

>killing Arab
>not heroic

Dolores Umbridge

>mfw post "god" at boards.Veeky Forums.org/lit/thread/8787235 in response to my favorite villain in literature

Iago from Othello is the best choice objectively. He's pure evil.

>using photo of Trump pisses off people no matter the context

Smaht bait son

the cat in the hat

The Crimson King

/thread

Lord Loss

Not even the best Shakespeare villain d e s u

o fuck I thought I was literally the only person ever to read that series, nice trips

Creon is a fucktard desu, had he not ran his mouth and tried to act tough he wouldn't have gotten in that situation.
Plus, you think shitting on the Gods is a good idea for a dictator?

Mephisto from Faust or Me from My Diary desu

Wolf Larsen

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

William Courtney

Criminally underrated

Also: I contemplate The Spirit of Gravity often, and his erroneous, assiduous role that has so little accretion behind the stories' fascinating purification of the entropy of qualm- absconding humanity

does manga count as Veeky Forums? if so, Griffith of Berserk

>Undermining the religious order in a dictatorship and actually thinking that political sovereignty is enough to keep the masses obedient

WEW LAD.

prince mishkin

Yes he is.

U wot m8

E D M U N D
D
M
U
N
D

idiocy as villainy

Heathcliff, because he makes women mad as fuck, while he's a hero to every male reader.

Why are you casting anyone in Antigone like that? Deciding between absolute cockslurping reverence for authority and strong family values seems like a win-win for pol crossboarders.

I had high hopes for this thread.

It was an interesting topic.

I thought, "Surely, everyone will have interesting choices and reasons for those choices. We'll all share and have a good time."

Imagine my disappointment when, I come into this thread and it's just another meaningless assortment of memes - children sardonically testing their limits.

Perhaps I'm too old for this place.

Perhaps you're all too young for it.

But what do I know? I'm just another "user."

Why am I here? Why are any of us here? Isn't it because the outside world doesn't offer us the intellectual discourse we seek? Wasn't this place built to be our Athens?

I guess it really was. And like Athens the uncomprehending have filled it. The vicious and ego-fuelled mob, and like pure Socrates, we who love discourse will be condemned, and all that will remain of our love for Wisdom is a few vitriolic "kill yourselves" floating in a Veeky Forums archive.

gtfo my /b/

ffs come on, don't be so mopey. all this without even contributing your own favourite villain?

Society

Parents

Don't talk to him, he stinks.

Barnyard Rapists

Me too.

>putting characters in categories like "villain"

You're reading pleb literature if the characters are so flat.

Nah, you just have a very narrow view of what a villain is.

Every character should have traits and something that drives him. If they have only "le bad villain" traits and goals they're shit.

Raskolnikov

Only 1 villain remained, 2 if you counted God.

This desu
Literally satan except more of a pedo

/pol/ pls go

Fucking armchair Hitlers.

Svidrigailov

Kurtz

myself

Never fails to make me laugh

Nurse Ratched. What a fucking bitch.

Actually retarded

It's got to be the Judgde Holden from Blood Meridian or Cpt Blicero from Gravity's Rainbow...both transcend pure evil as something paradoxically banal and perverse. Both unforgettable.