Why is Dostoevsky so based?

Why is Dostoevsky so based?

>/r9k/: the book

Because he was extremely intelligent.

Even before he went to prison his writing was masterful.

Just stop saying this.

Because he was a man born with internal struggles and artistic abilities who was able to give voice to those struggles with his writings.

Also he was Russian, and Russians for for whatever reason are almost always amazing writers.

He took the red pill.

are narrow eyes a sign of intelligence? literally where are the geniuses with huge bulging eyes?

i have narrow eyes too desu

>Russians for for whatever reason are almost always amazing writers

I have to agree with this.

Culture of blini and borscht.
White Nights it's a pretty good Dostoevsky short story for this time of the year, btw.

He's highly overrated

Name a better Russian author besides Tolstoy and Nabakov or the Strugatsky's.

all russian authors are highly overrated

I don't usually say this because I find it morally repulsive. But would you kindly

KILL YOURSELF

“I sometimes have moments of such misery, such despair… Because in those moments I start to think that I will never be capable of beginning to live a real life; because I have already begun to think that I have lost all sense of proportion, all sense of the real and the actual; because, what is more, I have cursed myself; because my nights of fantasy are followed by hideous moments of sobering! And all the time one hears the human crowd swirling and thundering around one in the whirlwind of life, one hears, one sees how people live—that they live in reality, that for them life is not something forbidden, that their lives are not scattered for the winds like dreams or visions but are forever in the process of renewal, forever young, and that no two moments in them are ever the same; while how dreary and monotonous to the point of being vulgar is timorous fantasy, the slave of shadow, of the idea...”

>he thinks Notes from Underground is sincere

You know the point of the novel was surrender. not that the underground man was a /r9k/ fag. He was offered redemption but refused to surrender to love.

Who said he was /r9k/ tier? Not me. I only shared one of my favorite parts of White Nights, not Notes from the Underground btw.

Dostoevsky is lit.

I have no clue what to take from this mans novels. Everything he writes is so morbid and bittersweet. He might as well be /r9k/ tier

>/r9k/ tier

do you really think people will take you seriously with that kind of language?

>falling for the Memestoevsky meme

He was a neurotic with an artistic bent, yes.

He was introvert, what an achievement.

I love this one.

I am late getting around to Dostoevsky, but he is p based

>tfw feel human feels again

Dostoevsky helped become human again.

Never

Adversity breeds creativity
Praise gulag

I have to disagree user.
The Double was one of his first works and it is absolutely amazing. It does contain a lot of Gogol's influence but even Nabokov held it in high esteem.
I thought there would be a split in his pre- and post- periods but there is no dramatic shift.

t.Butthurt Ukranian

I prefer Dostoevsky to Nabokov. Though its hard to compare the two.

The Double is definitely underrated these days. One of my favourites.

The love story in Underground was shit.
Journey to the End of the Night is a far better representation of alienation.