Linear Algebra book for comp sci

What linear algebra book you guys recommend for a comp sci undergrad? Now something too rigorous, but also not too plug 'n' chug either, I want to have a basis strong enough to study machine learning comfortably and maybe even contribute to the field.

Serious question, don't reply with memes please

Other urls found in this thread:

joshua.smcvt.edu/linearalgebra/
functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/
cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall06/cos341/handouts/mathcs.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much do you know already? Are ypu comfortable with the basic plug n chug shit (gaussian elimination, determinants system of equations)?

I know almost nothing, just some basic matrix operations

>comp sci undergrad

I'm so sorry.

>linear algebra book

joshua.smcvt.edu/linearalgebra/

I would recommend to get comfortable with the more computational shit and then use Friedberg.

Recommend what?

Intro to linear algebra by grossman is focused on operetional shit. By this I mean solving basic problems.

Howard Anton's linear algebra.

functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/ list here plus ML lectures from CMU.

As I just wrote in another thread you want all the books that give you a geometric intuition of linear algebra, so Gilbert Strang's course on OCW is good, or the books/courses recommended in that link.

Axler's book is good for learning straight matrix applications too but he won't give you that abstracted geometry understanding

don't be sorry, I already got my 2nd paid internship this summer and I'm 2nd year

after I graduate I'm going to get a 40-100k gbp job

Where'd you get an internship? I'm struggling to find one in London

I'm in London too, studying at King's atm.

Look at how interviews are structured in London, prepare for them (learn more about graph theory, algorithms, discrete math in general), be presentable (dress nicely, don't be a sperg at the interview, shake hands, be polite). Do side projects, show them that you're genuinely interested in programming. Show them that you can apply your skills to the work environment (by being likable and knowledgeable).

That's all the info you need.

Pick a startup or a small business if you have no luck with bigger companies.

Go to career fairs and shit, there are a ton of them in London, obviously. If a company visits your uni then send them your application, you have high chances of getting an intern at them.

the main problem with people who are unemployed is that they can't treat the processs of getting a job mathematically, by that I mean that you need the proper set of arguments for the input in order to get a successful result

you need a job? cool, then prepare for it, you won't get shit if you think that just by being a CS student you can get a job, CS is mainly a theoretical course since it also has the goal of preparing you for master's, PhD, research, etc

research what they need, acquire those skills, learn that shit

unless you can apply your set of skills and unless you are the type of person who understands what is required of them at work you won't get anywhere

it's about convincing the interviewees, it's about manipulating them, it's really similar to a date, but instead of pussy you're working your ass off to get a job that pays well and looks nice on your CV

you're basically a product to them, a possible investment, it's your job to market yourself well

S T R A N G
T
R
A
N
G

>khan academy

I recommend taking a course. Linear algebra can be hard to self study, especially because it's hard to know what results are important and which aren't.
Self studying calculus is a lot easier by comparison IMO.

Thanks. Think I'm slacking on side projects tbqh you got any advice about that?

Also I kinda left it late and a lot of big banks wont consider me because I'm not in penultimate year.

linear algebra is fundamental enough that you want to learn it properly , basically the same way a maths student would at university

Aluffi or GTFO

I'm going to second this. Great textbook.

Probably the best 1st course in linear algebra. Was used in my LA class, doesn't sacrifice rigor but it's completely optional, you don't need to go through every proof but if you ever feel like doing so, they're there. Lots of exercises that to train your computational skills and very interesting discussion of topics at the end of each chapter.

College isn't about internships and jobs

you're right, that's not the point of college but if you're smart you take advantage of your education and use it for financial gain, financial stability is what contributes the most to happiness and health in general

try satisfying your sexual desires or try raising a kid or pursuing some abstract, hard to reach goal while you're poor, good luck with that

if you can't get into banks the answer is obv, apply to smaller companies

the point is not to have a blank, boring CV that is thrown away in favor of CVs that are full of professional experience and side projects and etc

>his desires are sexual and involve family life
lol nice bait mate

ha...hahaha
I love it when sperg Veeky Forumsentists get put in their place.

Uhh, sorta unrelated cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall06/cos341/handouts/mathcs.pdf