You now realise that all philosophical values are rendered meaningless by the impermanence of our universe

You now realise that all philosophical values are rendered meaningless by the impermanence of our universe.

>believing STEMtards

The Universe is infinite, its ontologically necessary for it to exist in the first place

>implying that doesn't apply to everything and not just philosophy

>implying existence doesn't echo onward into eternity in some form

>implying this is the only universe

>implying you know shit

This.

There are pockets of existence and pockets of destruction/nothingness. Kind of like a cosmic beehive structure. But yes, ultimately infinite and eternal. If people had more than just a sci-pop understanding and looked a little deeper into the subject they'd know this. In Inflationary theory our universe is just a little bubble of spacial expansion in an infinite sea of inflationary space.

Convince me of the necessity of existence

>convince me

this is a silly argument. user can't possibly argue for the necessity of existence and also your own need to understand it at the same time. he would have to be a god to do that. and if he were he would not waste his time b/c he could just justin trudeau your punk ass with a sweeping and magnificent Because It's 2016

lrn to philosophy plebcuck. ask questions which permit of possible answers

>undergrad cuck who has never read Hegel.

I didn't ask a question

>mfw STEMtards will never understand that being is towards nothing

Its simple, something can not come out of nothing.

The world and each of its moments are precious precisely because they will perish. Gold has its value because it is scarce. And how much rarer is warmth, and life!

you most certainly did my good sir. Convince Me is the same thing. you are expecting a response. it makes no difference whether it is an interrogative or an imperative.

u r challenging him
yr challenge is tautological
& all shall be disappointed

>tfw you are me
>tfw when cosmic spacecunt

Daily reminder the Rig Vedas are always right

The only "philosophical vales" that exist in any meaningful sense govern human behaviour towards each other and their environment, The larger state of the universe is unrelated to that, as is any impermanence, etc. Ontology is just masturbation: philosophy's job is to work with our current social climate. The "we're going to die anyway" argument is as idiotic as always.

potentially interesting thread, monitorbump

question OP. why wouldn't the impermanence of the universe make philosophical values """""meaningful"""""?

*a wild Shang Tsung appears*

a hallway of doors stand before you. choose yr destiny or make a new one, you have space-time powers now. make new doors, browse, w/evs

1 postmodernist door: meaning is relative, pick one that makes you happy
2 antinatalist door: doesn't matter. stay in lobby. starve
3 theist door: it's in god's hands anyways. probably can't know the difference. meditate maybe
4 fuckface door: fuck you user
>tfw this is the correct door, but leads back to the lobby again
5 kantian door: what would user do?
6 landian door: open door, cthulhu fhtagn
7 nietzsche door: tear up hallway with jackhammer, dance
>tfw okay i guess but kind of cliche
8 quantum physics door: door is not door
9 make new door: ???

etc etc

>gag

>4 fuckface door: fuck you user
>tfw this is the correct door, but leads back to the lobby again

try again with a friend for a true ending

>singularity happens
>sentient robots replace human race
>their shared intelligence reads and analyzes the entire 3000 years philosophical corpus in 0.00012 seconds
What would be their conclusion, Veeky Forums?

Schopenhauer was right and they'd kill themselves

>he's already here but he needs a reason to be

Most likely. They'd immediately revive the human race just to tell us

No, becuase there still exists a fundamental reality on which existence is based. Our universe is impermanent but the laws are eternal.

Hegel would be waiting for them.

Senpai I'm pretty sure there's just one Rig Veda among the Vedas.

That's not how you spell Nietzsche

ideas are eternal

Laws on which ideals are concieved are eternal, bitch

So much truth, so much quads

What if I value living in the moment?

Even if that's true it won't be inhabitable or have any kind of structure beyond a certain point. If the idea of an informationless universe "continuing" to "exist" comforts you then cool.

>Even if that's true it won't be inhabitable or have any kind of structure beyond a certain point

You need to catch up on inflationary theory because that's 100% incorrect.

>beyond a certain point.

For a time, it'll come around.
Everything is already happening now always forever everywhere.
And no I find that fact considerably less comfortable that your simplistic Abrahamic conception of the universe.

Shit thread

>There are pockets of existence and pockets of destruction/nothingness
triggered

You're irrelevant now

Thats exactly Parmenides assertion, taking "destruction/nothingness" to be figurative.

Where would you suggest I start since you are obviously knowledgeable on this subject?

>
>taken "destruction/nothingness" to be figurative
I'm not sure what you mean by this
>pockets of nothingness
Nothing isn't though

>'Every way like unto the fullness of a well-rounded sphere, Evenly balanced from the centre on every side, And must needs be neither greater nor less in any way, Neither on this side nor on that—'
Whether the sphere is a poor way of understanding it or not, the Being One cannot be "like a beehive"

>in an infinite sea of inflationary space
Again, this supposes that nothing is, that there is more than the one and that the one is geographically located within the nothing, which also is

Meant to reply to

itt: people searching for reasons to ignore the ultimate source

God

this

That's just a name, you might as well say 'Being' or 'Notion', meaningless on its own.

>meaningless on its own

as are we

Why?

Whoa, that's deep. *inhales joint*

One says the waters cold; the other says its deep.

Get it?

Every name, without further definition and exposition is meaningless. 'God' is just a name, like Zizek's Big Other that can substituted for anything.

If you could define God; he wouldnt be God.

Fuck off, you worthless sophist.

If you want something that's not textbook material you could check out Brian Greene's physics series, such as the Elegant Universe or Fabric of the Cosmos etc.